Beginner's (although I am not, mostly) question?

Thread: Beginner's (although I am not, mostly) question?

Icon5 Beginner's (although I am not, mostly) question?

How in the Sam Hell do I turn off the Automated Weather Information System? I just spent an hour and a half in the Piper Cherokee listening to the weather system for an airport that I don't even know where it is, and it about drove me nuts.

This happens to me every once in awhile, and I try all the "alt" options and the "tilde" and just can't get out of the loop, it seems.

It turns what should be a pleasant flight into an exercise in anger management.

Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by tracyq144 View Post
    How in the Sam Hell do I turn off the Automated Weather Information System? I just spent an hour and a half in the Piper Cherokee listening to the weather system for an airport that I don't even know where it is, and it about drove me nuts.

This happens to me every once in awhile, and I try all the "alt" options and the "tilde" and just can't get out of the loop, it seems.

It turns what should be a pleasant flight into an exercise in anger management.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Try this: "In your sound settings tab, Un-check voice and in the General settings tab, un-check all the ATC options"

Do you get the ticker line going across the top of the screen in addition to the audio?
    This happens to me occasionally for no apparent reason, and the info is never for an airfield that I am flying to or near.
    I think it has something to do with radio settings but I would also like to know how to make it stop.

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    Do you get the ticker line going across the top of the screen in addition to the audio?
    Yes, I get that, also.

By default the radios are tuned to 118.75 MHz. If you change to a different frequency, the ATIS/ASOS/AWOS will stop playing. You can do so by either using the radios in the virtual cockpit, or using the 2D radio stack gauge (typically Shift+2 in default aircraft).

Thanks for the heads-up, I've experienced the same problem at some locations too.
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

Just change frequency

Members who have read this thread: 5