Hello everyone!

I just joined Sim-Outhouse due to my new interest in CFS3.

I am very familiar with IL-2 1946 and have multiple installations that are heavily modded so I am able to work with file structures, using notepad to edit config files, etc. I also own WOFF, but have never played CFS3!

I would like to learn how to mod-up CFS3 from the members here, get advice on downloads and useful tips, etc.

It looks to me like CFS3 is similar to IL-2 1946 in that there is a huge body of mods/add-ons and it is not something I will learn overnight but I would like to start learning so I don’t use mods that step on each other, etc.

My first questions are at the 50,000 ft level. So far I have not installed CFS3 (other than for use with WOFF). All I have been doing is reading and accumulating CFS3 mod files. Eventually I'll want to get ETO, PTO Solomons, PTO Rising Sun, MAW, and Korean Skies all up and running and I think I have all the correct core mod files for them. I purchased CFS3 from GoG.com and it comes already updated to v3.1 (today I also found a v3.1a update that I have downloaded but not installed). I also found the FirePower update and have it.

1. Do I need to create stand-alone installations for all 5 versions: ETO, PTO Solomons, PTO Rising Sun, MAW, and Korean Skies, or do some/all stack on top of each other in a single installation?

2. Should I install the v3.1a update to my v3.1 version with each installation I create, or is it needed in some/all/none of my installations.

3. Same question for FirePower. Should I add FirePower to v3.1 (or v3.1a) automatically before I start to mod it up to ETO, PTO, etc. Not sure where FirePower fits in the equation?

Looks like there are a million more bits and pieces to consider as time goes on, but want to get my mind around the base installations of all the major mod packs first.

Thanks in advance for your help!