NAS Lemoore scenery!

Thread: NAS Lemoore scenery!

Hybrid View

NAS Lemoore scenery!

Somebody here is working on a great scenery package for NAS Lemoore (KNLC) in the Great Central Valley of California, land of cotton farms, 100 degree heat in summer, fog in winter, and Home of the West Coast Hornets. I will let him tell you about it in more detail, but I've been helping test it, which has been a privilege, and he has given permission to release a couple of otherwise Top Secret screen shots.

As you can see from the screen pics, it's quite up to date, including the new control tower, and the sun shade tent things on the ramp. Those actually have been there for a while, but not when I was working on A-7s out there! We didn't have no tents to work under in my day! We worked on planes under the direct sunlight in the 100 degree heat, and we loved it! Darned kids!

Also, note the F/A-18 approach in the dark. You can select “normal” or “FCLP” runway lighting, which is definitely a “cool factor” enhancer.

He has really done a first rate job, and it will be out “soon”!

MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Three more pics...

HP Reverb G2

Looks great Paul, and Lemoore looks a bit different then when I had been there several times in the early 90's ... payware or freeware ? Mike

That is looking awesome! I've been flying in and out of there often since the release of Orbx NCA, although this is just south of the edge of that release. It's nice to have some well detailed mil bases in FS. Thanks for the previews.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    That is looking awesome! I've been flying in and out of there often since the release of Orbx NCA, although this is just south of the edge of that release. It's nice to have some well detailed mil bases in FS. Thanks for the previews.
    I normally do my Naval aviating out of Lemoore or Fallon. Like those both. I also have Orbx NCA, but have been using the MAIW NAS Lemoore. Had to do some tree chopping on the base though because I had a problem with trees all over the place including runways etc!

Hopefully this is new, separate and better scenery and I can do away with the MAIW stuff (which is FS9 anyway!)

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    I normally do my Naval aviating out of Lemoore or Fallon. Like those both. I also have Orbx NCA, but have been using the MAIW NAS Lemoore. Had to do some tree chopping on the base though because I had a problem with trees all over the place including runways etc!

Hopefully this is new, separate and better scenery and I can do away with the MAIW stuff (which is FS9 anyway!)

Eric
    Yes, Eric..all new, native FSX based on current aerial photography. Literally dozens of custom objects, 99.9% accurate stiping, and a good bit more.

This month is the 1 year anniversary of my starting the project and it has been quite the intellectual adventure. Not exactly mega-airport quality but badly needed in FSX.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy208 View Post
    Looks great Paul, and Lemoore looks a bit different then when I had been there several times in the early 90's ... payware or freeware ? Mike
    Hi Mike, it will be freeware with limited distribution. The final package is probably 2-3 weeks away but will be uploaded here at SOH. Paul and Jim have graciously pitched in to provide some last minute testing and feedback. I will make a more formal announcement when the upload occurs.

Cheers!

Henry

Looks great, finally can put my "made for FS9" NLC to bed now, while great scenery pretty big hit on frames along with all the AI Bugs.

PRB, the sun shades are not so much for the "darned kids" but for those very $$$ plastic jets.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    ... PRB, the sun shades are not so much for the "darned kids" but for those very $$$ plastic jets.
    That makes sense. Probably a very cost effective idea. Hope somebody got a "benny-sug" award out of it...
    HP Reverb G2

Members who have read this thread: 2