NAS Lemoore scenery! - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: NAS Lemoore scenery!

Just a couple of WIP Lemoore SLUF traffic !

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    MAIW Greek A-7s with some repaints would do nicely ...

Don't know why the old FS9 AI A-6s never got more repaints - but that's the first model platform that comes to mind for the A-6 ...

dl
    I'd love to see a retro AI set for NAS Whidbey Island... A-6s, P-3s, EA-6Bs, the like.

Just spent an afternoon at the PBY Foundation flight sim adding new stuff. We got about a half-dozen cubs who are ready to do more than just fly and taking an active interest in naval history :-).

Yes! I need the RETRO traffic file!
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Great work Henry. A Naval Air Station in the desert...gotta love the schism. Good shot Corvette. (One technical note - A-4 not a SLUF. SLUF reserved for A-7.)
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    Great work Henry. A Naval Air Station in the desert...gotta love the schism. Good shot Corvette. (One technical note - A-4 not a SLUF. SLUF reserved for A-7.)
    I take his reference to the SLUF as being the parked A-7s ....assuming those are AI ....

DL

I take his reference to the SLUF as being the parked A-7s ....assuming those are AI ....

DL
    That may be. Being an operator, I always take traffic to mean moving aircraft. Oh well, still a good shot.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

These what you had in mind?

Dave

Blog Entries
    Looks awesome.

My understanding was that NAS Lemoore hosted strike units (vs Miramar's fighter orientation) - A-1s, A-4's, A-7s, etc. Were there F-4s there (on a permanent "lodger" basis? ) . I could be wrong, though ....

Love how this is progressing. Am wondering how hard it would be to a simple "back date" where the shelters are removed, and some of the newer structures removed to create a very rough semblance of what the early period (say, '65-'68) looked like. I think this might be a hit with a lot of the naval-oriented folks here. It mightn't be too much work, as it looks like the large square externally-cantilevered hangars were in existence already from the mid-60s, and I think the current tower was too ... I might try a "home brew" / "own use" modification myself, but thought I'd throw it out to the actual dev(s) as food for thought ...

dl

Guy's, question about the VLSO integration. If the vLSO integration pack KNLC_Mk14 for uchi's NAS Lemoore is installed.
    1. I tick the "use vLSO integration" in the scenery configurator
    2. But do I also run the cmd file (KNLC_Mk14_Add.cmd) as per the readme in the vLSO integration pack (KNLC_Mk14)?

Advice needed please..

Thanks very much!
    Anneke

Anneke,

Run the vLSO installation script from Paddles first, KNLC_Mk14_Add.cmd. This will put his scenery files and textures in place.

Then run the scenery configurator to set the MK14 as the correct IFLOLS for RW32L and RW14L.

After both of those steps, your KNLC scenery folder should look like the attachment below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.jpg  

Looks awesome.

My understanding was that NAS Lemoore hosted strike units (vs Miramar's fighter orientation) - A-1s, A-4's, A-7s, etc. Were there F-4s there (on a permanent "lodger" basis? ) . I could be wrong, though ....

Love how this is progressing. Am wondering how hard it would be to a simple "back date" where the shelters are removed, and some of the newer structures removed to create a very rough semblance of what the early period (say, '65-'68) looked like. I think this might be a hit with a lot of the naval-oriented folks here. It mightn't be too much work, as it looks like the large square externally-cantilevered hangars were in existence already from the mid-60s, and I think the current tower was too ... I might try a "home brew" / "own use" modification myself, but thought I'd throw it out to the actual dev(s) as food for thought ...

dl
    Turning the shelters off is the easy part. Run the scenery configurator and un-check "Show Aircraft Shelters". This will also help frame rates on older systems.

Regards a "retro" version, this is a good bit more difficult, mostly because there is a general lack of publicly available photographs..specifically aerial photography. Based on what little I have seen, there was more changed and more significantly changed than just the removal of an apron or building. An example of documentation for which I have nothing is the ramp/taxiway striping.

Without photographs, all I have are the memories of those folks stationed there during any given period. I have been collecting those as they have communicated to me, however without corroborating evidence, there is not enough to build a scenery with. I will avoid the risk of potentially embarrassing several great people who helped immensely with the project, and only say, sometimes those memories proved incorrect.

I am continuing to seek and search for more photography, manuals, diagrams, etc. for a "retro" version, specifically for the "Corsair College" period. If anyone has any personal photographs or knows of some photographs that could be shared, I would love to see them.

Thanks for your interest.

Quote Originally Posted by henrystreet View Post
    Regards a "retro" version, this is a good bit more difficult, mostly because there is a general lack of publicly available photographs..specifically aerial photography. Based on what little I have seen, there was more changed and more significantly changed than just the removal of an apron or building. An example of documentation for which I have nothing is the ramp/taxiway striping.
    I think that there's always a huge amount of speculation in almost every 'retro' scenery project.

A lack of perfect accuracy, in my opinion, has never decreased the enjoyment of any scenery for me, and that's on modern stuff; on retro scenery, as long as it looks the part, it works for me!!!

But at that point, for this scenery, hiding the shelters and running some retro AI would work for me as well.
    Jim Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    SLUFs being on the ground and active traffic ! Sorry .

Anneke,

Run the vLSO installation script from Paddles first, KNLC_Mk14_Add.cmd. This will put his scenery files and textures in place.

Then run the scenery configurator to set the MK14 as the correct IFLOLS for RW32L and RW14L.

After both of those steps, your KNLC scenery folder should look like the attachment below.
    Ok followed your steps (thanks )
    However the KNLC_Mk14_R32.bgl and KNLC_mk14_R14.bgl from your screenshot are not in the scenery folder after running either the cmd's and/or the scenery configurator.
    Anneke

Quote Originally Posted by Anneke View Post
    Ok followed your steps (thanks )
    However the KNLC_Mk14_R32.bgl and KNLC_mk14_R14.bgl from your screenshot are not in the scenery folder after running either the cmd's and/or the scenery configurator.
    ummm....you may want to contact Paddles at vLSO.blogspot.com to help with the installation of his integration.

Anyone have any idea just how hard it is to source suitable AI for this retro project?

To get some A-6s, I'm having to use Ito-san's Intruder and Prowler (strictly for my own use, and both available at flightsim.com), each of which only offers a single model variant.
    There are quite a few texture sets available, but they all take time to install.....
    It's the same for the A-7, but there are very few naval textures.

Some whole squadron texture sets for these would be very welcome.

Dave

A-6s.

EA-6s.

A-4s.

??

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by conrex1 View Post
    Would this work with P3D V2 as well?
    The current version was developed for and only supported in FSX Acceleration. Some folks have ported it to P3D on their own with varying success.

Before the end of the year, I will be producing the last FSX version and (likely) the first fully compatible P3D version.

Hope this helps.

Bump. Any progress on a P3D 3.4 version?

Ran into all kinds of problems when I tried. Posted it all over in the P3D forum.

Love it though.

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

Quote Originally Posted by ST0RM View Post
    Bump. Any progress on a P3D 3.4 version?

Ran into all kinds of problems when I tried. Posted it all over in the P3D forum.

Love it though.

-Jeff
    Hi Jeff,

Yes, the current download version (as noted in the manual) was not and is not compatible with P3D. I have a version running in P3D v3.4 but have declined to package as the real world base is rapidly becoming very different than it was in 2013-2014 when my original package was developed.

The re-activation of VFA-125, the transfer of the east coast squadrons, and the start up of new construction has persuaded me to hold off a bit longer on a formal update.

The good news about the original FSX package is that it installs into P3D pretty well except for:
    1) You need to get and install the MAIW Scenery Objects for FSX/P3D from their website
    2) The AFCAD(s) will need to be edited for the "Display surface" attribute of the taxiways (this will disrupt the custom apron and taxiway edge lighting)
    3) The vLSO integration does not work in P3D.

Otherwise, follow the install instructions in the manual (except for the MAIW libraries as referenced above) and the scenery will work pretty well for most general daytime simming.

Hope this helps and explains the delays.

Thanks

Henry

Henry,

Did your NAS Lemoore scenery originally have AI installed, i.e. A-7s? Version 1.50 doesn't have any, that I can see. Thanks. Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Henry,

Did your NAS Lemoore scenery originally have AI installed, i.e. A-7s? Version 1.50 doesn't have any, that I can see. Thanks. Pete
    Catch up with Pappy (Corvett99 here), he did some A-7 AI. It might be available for download on the FSX-Miramar page.

The good news about the original FSX package is that it installs into P3D pretty well except for:
    1) You need to get and install the MAIW Scenery Objects for FSX/P3D from their website
    2) The AFCAD(s) will need to be edited for the "Display surface" attribute of the taxiways (this will disrupt the custom apron and taxiway edge lighting)
    3) The vLSO integration does not work in P3D.

Otherwise, follow the install instructions in the manual (except for the MAIW libraries as referenced above) and the scenery will work pretty well for most general daytime simming.
    Thank you for the reply Henry. I'm still experiencing the loss of the hangars and black parking soot marks, despite adding the mentioned libraries. I've even imported them into the airfield. But they're still missing.

MAIW's Lemoore traffic looks great there though.

V/R
    Jeff
    I pass gas!

Members who have read this thread: 2