NAS Lemoore scenery! - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: NAS Lemoore scenery!

Very nice indeed. This looks to be my new virtual homestead. Great looking work.

One question, the FLCP, does it utilize wire trappings too? I've heard of the concept for honing their skills, and would love to practice trapping with the upcoming Aerosoft Tomcat, Dino's Goshawk and the VRS Super Hornet.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Woohoo! Is good to know. Was debating bumping it up again but didn't want it to get annoying. Looks great though!
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Quote Originally Posted by airattackimages View Post
    Does the RW Lemoore have FCLP trapping gear???
    Matt, no carrier arresting gear at Lemoore, only the emergency arresting cables. None of the Navy's FCLP is done with actual arresting cables as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadburner440 View Post
    Woohoo! Is good to know. Was debating bumping it up again but didn't want it to get annoying. Looks great though!
    Keep the faith! working on the manual......

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    That is looking awesome! I've been flying in and out of there often since the release of Orbx NCA, although this is just south of the edge of that release. It's nice to have some well detailed mil bases in FS. Thanks for the previews.
    I normally do my Naval aviating out of Lemoore or Fallon. Like those both. I also have Orbx NCA, but have been using the MAIW NAS Lemoore. Had to do some tree chopping on the base though because I had a problem with trees all over the place including runways etc!

Hopefully this is new, separate and better scenery and I can do away with the MAIW stuff (which is FS9 anyway!)

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    I normally do my Naval aviating out of Lemoore or Fallon. Like those both. I also have Orbx NCA, but have been using the MAIW NAS Lemoore. Had to do some tree chopping on the base though because I had a problem with trees all over the place including runways etc!

Hopefully this is new, separate and better scenery and I can do away with the MAIW stuff (which is FS9 anyway!)

Eric
    Yes, Eric..all new, native FSX based on current aerial photography. Literally dozens of custom objects, 99.9% accurate stiping, and a good bit more.

This month is the 1 year anniversary of my starting the project and it has been quite the intellectual adventure. Not exactly mega-airport quality but badly needed in FSX.

Quote Originally Posted by henrystreet View Post
    Not exactly mega-airport quality but badly needed in FSX.
    God bless you my son... Looking forward to it and darn right its NEEDED!!!

Not exactly mega-airport quality
    It'll be the perfect level of quality for me! Greatly looking forward to the final release!

Matt, no carrier arresting gear at Lemoore, only the emergency arresting cables. None of the Navy's FCLP is done with actual arresting cables as far as I know.
    Thanks Henry. I'll still be using this as soon as it's available.

Matt
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Drooling in anticipation of this Naval Air Station!
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Quote Originally Posted by airattackimages View Post
    Does the RW Lemoore have FCLP trapping gear???
    I was in lemoore during the early 80's being stationed in VA-122 and then on to VA-195. The short field arrestors do not work on the runways but are beautifully modeled, as is just about everything else. This is the best lemoore package to date for FS and there is no impact on frames during my testing of it. Henry has done a beautiful job....one down...300 to go...300 years should about do it. Thanks again for a wonderful addon, Henry! forever in your debt.
    FSX Miramar XO, RAZBAM Flying Club founder, Team member, crud crew, beta tester, and all around good guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Warhawk1130 View Post
    I was in lemoore during the early 80's being stationed in VA-122 and then on to VA-195. The short field arrestors do not work on the runways but are beautifully modeled, as is just about everything else. This is the best lemoore package to date for FS and there is no impact on frames during my testing of it. Henry has done a beautiful job....one down...300 to go...300 years should about do it. Thanks again for a wonderful addon, Henry! forever in your debt.
    I was only at Lemoore in 84 for about a month (if I recall correctly) for F/A-18 Egress/Environment System training. The one thing I remember the most about the place was the intense heat. Dry, but very hot.

Also had fun taking a train to Fresno, and eating at The Spaghetti Factory, close to the train station. NC

This'll be great to have in our sims. Looking forward to the finished product Henry!
    Jim Stewart

Looks like the fleet has deployed.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Looks like the fleet has deployed.
    Frank,

I'm going to leave it to the next guy to develop some AI and statics.

Well are parking spots set for AI? I hope the MAIW NAS Lemoore squadrons would fit right in.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Frank,

I'm going to leave it to the next guy to develop some AI and statics.

This looks like great scenery! Amazing detail; when will release be?

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Well are parking spots set for AI? I hope the MAIW NAS Lemoore squadrons would fit right in.
    Chris,

I'm sure that some of us will take care of that when this scenery is released, but unfortunately FSX's bias for AI push backs are a real detriment to military airbase realism. I've converted a couple airbases in FSX to drive through parking using Don Grovestine's FSX trick, but I find it much more difficult using ADE in FSX than I do using AFCAD2 in FS9.
    Mike M.​

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    The visual striping and the underlying taxi/apron links are completely separated. All the taxi/apron links are connected, none are orphans. All the parking spots are uniquely numbered and organized (see the kneeboard link).

I'm familiar with Don's paper but it is not implemented in the AFCAD of the scenery.

After v100 is published, I would be very receptive to assisting any interested party in making adjustments for AI. Not so much doing the work myself but incorporating someone else's work into the package.

Quote Originally Posted by conrex1 View Post
    This looks like great scenery! Amazing detail; when will release be?
    Waiting on one last set of comments from a tester...but soon. Re-writing the manual as we type.

Waiting on one last set of comments from a tester...but soon. Re-writing the manual as we type.
    That's good news. Seems nothing is ever really completed until the paperwork is.

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I was only at Lemoore in 84 for about a month (if I recall correctly) for F/A-18 Egress/Environment System training. The one thing I remember the most about the place was the intense heat. Dry, but very hot.

Also had fun taking a train to Fresno, and eating at The Spaghetti Factory, close to the train station. NC
    Getting hungry for NAS Lemoore! Yes, the Old Spaghetti Factory in Fresno is making me home sick. It will be a great day when this is released. Bring the heat!

Waiting on one last set of comments from a tester...but soon. Re-writing the manual as we type.[/QUOTE]

Outstanding! Thank you for the reply. Best of look getting everything finished

from the install section of the updated manual. this part of the install was the hardest for most folks......

Members who have read this thread: 2