David Eckert's B-26 Marauder

Thread: David Eckert's B-26 Marauder

Question David Eckert's B-26 Marauder

I almost forgot this work of art by David Eckert and R.L. Clark. I've kept it in my hangar for a too long time! Two days ago I got it airborn with this beautiful paintjob, (Mary Ann) by Damian Radice. This beauty needs more paints... where can i find them???

daypharris

Have you searched AVsim and FlightSim? There used to be a lot repaints; should still be. Those locations are where I got all of my repaints.

Outstanding model; IMHO Mr. Eckert's masterpiece.

Bob
    CPU: Intel i7-5960X OC 4.5
    MOBO: Asus X99 Deluxe
    RAM: 16GB (4x4) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2800
    GPU: Asus STRIX GeForce GTX980
    PSU: SeaSonic X850
    SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB (FS9)
    SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB (FSX)
    SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB
    HDD: WD 7200 Black 1TB
    CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo (white)
    CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D15

Lightbulb

Yep - Flightsim has a few by Radice...

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

And don't forget Willy's Merc Air Marauder.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.ph...fo&FileID=7852
    Brent aka "dogknot"

Quote Originally Posted by dogknot View Post
    And don't forget Willy's Merc Air Marauder.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.ph...fo&FileID=7852

Ya beat me to it dogknot :costumes:
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Thanks alot! I'm downloading... Do not forget this proptexture by Bob Rivera: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.ph...o&FileID=12219

:ernae:

My favourite Radice repaint ....

Cheers! Mike :ernae:

SOH-CM-2019
    Does anyone know what if any, are the differences between this version of Dave's Marauder and the one sold through Abacus?

Didn't know there is a payware Marauder. Learn something new every day.

I just popped over to Abucus and had a look at the screen shots of the payware B-26 and compared them to what I know the freeware version to look like....and I saw nothing that set them apart. I fly the conversion of Dave's Marauder in CFS2 (best B-26 going for CFS2)...and it is a superbly detailed aircraft...and I saw nothing in the screen shots of the payware aircraft that the freeware version does not have.

OBIO

My favourite Radice repaint ....
    Probably mine as well. Now with Bob's props. Trouble is with great repaints it makes you wish there were more . .

Has to be my favorite freeware WW II bomber to fly in FS.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Windrunner
    The Abacus B26 has some eye candie(guns fires) and overall it's more or less the same plane as the free one. The texture mapping is different...but that doesn't count if you just enjoy the flight.

Let me say this: it's amazing how Marauders are still so popular among warbird pilots. To me is the most fascinating Medium Bomber in the Allied Arsenal, not only by its revolutionary concept but also its history.

I wouldn't mind to see a completly new up to date B26 one of these days...payware designers have lost tons of good sales by neglecting Marauders...:d

Nice to see some interest in this bird. Damian did an awsome job on my dads' K9-X and I would like to say thanks again here :ernae:. Do any of you use my modified aircraft cfg I made to go with the repaint? I tried to make it fly as close to real as I could based on accounts and literature.

Oh, and that is a cool picture of dad flying Mary Ann I found among his war pictures.
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

I think building the early short-winged version, which gave the B-26 its bad reputation, like the 1940-example owned by Kermit Weeks, would be interesting, and would require the most commanding piloting skills if done right. The B-26 overall, the early models more specifically, were a plain definition of hotrod. I have heard that on one of the first test flights after restoration of Kermit Weeks' B-26, it was reported that even after putting take off power on the aircraft while in flight, there was no tendency for it to climb, unless the pilots put the control input in to do so, a real testiment to how much wing area there is on the aircraft.

Speaking of which, I think a repaint for Dave's B-26 in the current appearance of Weeks' B-26 would be nice to have, complete with the highly faded and weather-stained paint.

Thank you Damian for all of your excellent repaints for this aircraft! They have always brought me back to it.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    [quote=Bomber_12th;8751]
    Speaking of which, I think a repaint for Dave's B-26 in the current appearance of Weeks' B-26 would be nice to have, complete with the highly faded and weather-stained paint.

I couldn't agree more!

SOH-CM-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Windrunner View Post
    The Abacus B26 has some eye candie(guns fires) and overall it's more or less the same plane as the free one. The texture mapping is different...but that doesn't count if you just enjoy the flight.

Let me say this: it's amazing how Marauders are still so popular among warbird pilots. To me is the most fascinating Medium Bomber in the Allied Arsenal, not only by its revolutionary concept but also its history.

I wouldn't mind to see a completly new up to date B26 one of these days...payware designers have lost tons of good sales by neglecting Marauders...:d
    Thanks for the info Windrunner.
    I had not yet reinstalled this classic so I'm just putting it all together now with your Mary Ann paint,Aeromed 202's config, Bananna Bobs prop textures, some of Damian,s paints and a couple factory fresh from Bearcat241 that I found here in the SOH library as well.
    Thanks to all the talented people who contributed.
    Looking forward to some flights this weekend.

Windrunner
    Well, guys I'm done with the B26. Sorry, no more paints from me.

(But...never say never...)

Had to get her out of the hangar - coming up through some building thunderstorms over East Anglia . . .

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Windrunner View Post
    Well, guys I'm done with the B26. Sorry, no more paints from me.

(But...never say never...)
    Windrunner (Damian), thankyou for all the paints you have done! Always top notch and plenty to choose from. :ernae:
    Brent aka "dogknot"

Members who have read this thread: 2