Issues with Milviz P-38 Redux

Thread: Issues with Milviz P-38 Redux

Issues with Milviz P-38 Redux

I bought the Milviz P-38 Redux yesterday (I have the FSD one as well) with high hopes but have 3 issues:
    1) There is no RXP GPS integration
    2) the fps performance is too much for my PC (the first plane ever for me to say that, I accidentally loaded the plane in a desert with no buildings as far as the eye can see - no mesh, no landclass, nothing and yet it performance, with the engine off, indicated the textures? were simply too much).
    3) Colin says there are "TONS" of repaints but there are only a few - does he mean the old FSD paints are compatible?

Can anyone shed some light on any of these issues?

GPS
    I have recently been using the RXP GNS 530 GPS in the A2A Cessna 172, the Carenado Cessna Skymaster 337 and RealAir's Lancair Legacy and Duke V2.
    I am asking here because even though it says it offers "RXP integration" in the product description there is none because as Colin says here "I can't really help you on the RXP integration" lol. The product once installed actually has no integration at all - you have to do it. I spent 3 hours last night to no avail.
    http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=2966

Also I saw Chuck Jodry the coder said this on the release "Complete instructions and sample panel cfg's are in the Milviz forums , both at Avsim and for registered clients at Milviz" - I could not find any at all.
    http://forum.avsim.net/page/index.ht...m-milviz-r1546

Hi,

We cannot help you here. Please use the MV support forums for that. The method for getting registered is in the mail you received.

We do not do the RXP integration. We supply the parts but due to the myriad possibilties, we do not even try to do the setup(s). That is up to you. You can get help from a variety of sources, up to and including Avsim.

As for FPS, that's a problem with your system. There is, I believe, a low rez texture set. I suggest that you use that.

The FSD/Milviz textures will work as it's the same model.

Thanks,

Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    Hi,

We cannot help you here. Please use the MV support forums for that. The method for getting registered is in the mail you received.

We do not do the RXP integration. We supply the parts but due to the myriad possibilties, we do not even try to do the setup(s). That is up to you. You can get help from a variety of sources, up to and including Avsim.

As for FPS, that's a problem with your system. There is, I believe, a low rez texture set. I suggest that you use that.

The FSD/Milviz textures will work as it's the same model.

Thanks,

Kat
    Thanks Kat!

Yes I know but there are only 3 "main" possibilities - 430, 530 or both. I looked and tried for 3 hours straight...to no avail. My feedback would be to simply provide a panel.cfg for each of the 3 (or 2 if the both doesn't apply).

I only want to install just the 530.

Where on Avsim? - there isn't any I could find.

I hope someone else can help me.

No, there's no problem with my system. Fantastic it can use the old paints!

Do I need to register to get this low-rez texture set you are talking about?

Yes, the FSD repaints work with the P-38 Redux.

-- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Glad to know the FSD paints work. Never knew, or thought about the possibility.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Also it seems there are other versions for this Milviz version from FSD here (link in 2nd post)?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-Shots!/page4&

Bit confused??

I have bought both the FSD one, years ago and now the Milviz one. The 400MB download is for a Milviz/FSD model?
    (the Milviz download was less than 70mbs)

Or is it extra paints for the Milviz model??

The FSD/Milviz product is being sold illegally by FSD. They have refused time and time again to remove it.

Oh well.

The plan on our side is to redo the VC (done) and then, redo the external (not yet done) with the intent of releasing a better product. Coding will also be done to ensure that this happens.

Thank you.

Kat.

Glad to hear, Kat. Looking forward to another P-38 from MV.

As for the P-38 Redux, I forgot to mention that there are some additional repaints in the SOH library. Each is a different take on reflective qualities of the aluminum skin, with and without the Red Bull logo.

I was hoping someone might try and do Lefty Gardner's "White Lightning" repaint which was the original P-38 before sold to the Red Bull folks, but so far no painters have taken it up. Maybe some day.
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Glad to hear, Kat. Looking forward to another P-38 from MV.

As for the P-38 Redux, I forgot to mention that there are some additional repaints in the SOH library. Each is a different take on reflective qualities of the aluminum skin, with and without the Red Bull logo.

I was hoping someone might try and do Lefty Gardner's "White Lightning" repaint which was the original P-38 before sold to the Red Bull folks, but so far no painters have taken it up. Maybe some day.
    I agree about hoping a repaint depicting "White Lightning" gets done someday. Was disappointed that the Red Bull owners didn't retain the original paint scheme as they had originally hinted at doing when their purchase of the aircraft, and subsequent rebuild was announced. (Or so I seem to recall.)
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Just to get back on topic - still have the same 3 issues (I took it off...)
    - actually there is no low-rez pack (they have other ones for other planes) - so nothing to do here.
    - chasing a panel.cfg for a single RXP 530 (there are none I could find on avsim or milviz and milviz offer no rxp integration anyway)
    - it appears that repaints require tweaking - so that means FSD repaints are out though, doesn't it?

edit: tweaking has been removed by warhorse! (thanks muchly!)

So a lower texture repaint may solve the fps issues (I am confident it will).

That leaves only 1 out of 3 - the gps. Anyone actually have RXP Integration with the Milviz P-38?

That's correct. No tweaking on the textures. But it's not straightforward either.

The FSD and Milviz Redux have different cockpits. The FSD has fewer texture files than the Milviz Redux.

The process I followed (if memory serves me correct):
    1. Create a new texture folder for the Milviz Redux and copy over the entire contents of an existing texture folder.
    2. Copy only the texture files for the exterior model (body01.dds, body02.dds and body03.dds) from the FDS texture folder to the newly created Redux texture folder.
    3. Create a new aircraft.cfg fltsim entry for the new Redux texture folder..

..and that's it (other than creating a new thumbnail).

Hope that helps.
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    That's correct. No tweaking on the textures. But it's not straightforward either.

The FSD and Milviz Redux have different cockpits. The FSD has fewer texture files than the Milviz Redux.

The process I followed (if memory serves me correct):
    1. Create a new texture folder for the Milviz Redux and copy over the entire contents of an existing texture folder.
    2. Copy only the texture files for the exterior model (body01.dds, body02.dds and body03.dds) from the FDS texture folder to the newly created Redux texture folder.
    3. Create a new aircraft.cfg fltsim entry for the new Redux texture folder..

..and that's it (other than creating a new thumbnail).

Hope that helps.
    It certainly does and it is very much appreciated, thank you.

You're welcome..

-- WH

I actually downloaded the latest P-38 from FSD and installed it (bought it 2011 so license was OK) and it is not in any way the Milviz version to my eyes.

The VC is the same old one.

I haven't flown it for ages so (and perhaps my taste in paints has changed) I could not place that red paint, Warhorse but it is included in the latest FSD ver.

A great paint!

Only had time to install (I wasted another 30 mins on trying to get RXP GPS working but no dice!), got something I have to do.

EDIT: asking on other forums.
    Last edited by P38man; August 27th, 2014 at 22:15.

I have it working I believe (all by meself) - adjusting now to join em.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gpsworking.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	11827
    Aah, thanks Warhorse!

It is difficult to see but that is the RXP 530 linked to show waypoints in the default 430 (I think) with the Yippee repaint!

edit - Yes "Active flight plan" in the default 430 says "00 Direct to RealityXP"!

The only problem is the knobs on the 530 are weird.

Hi,

The VC in the redux version is just that. A redux. (by that I mean that it's been redone). As well, it's ONLY the Redbull version. The external model is pretty much the same as the one from FSD/Milviz.

We are going to be working on the P-38L in the new year.

Thank you.

Kat

Am I crazy or did you actually just state what you already stated earlier in the thread..and I mean exactly.... because I have now by myself without any assistance (other than WarHorse for the paints) got the gps working ?

Maybe you could have waited a post or 2 more before marketing considering that lol!

Zaphod Beeblebrox - Okay. So, ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, huh?

The knobs are all wrong though.

Chuck Jodry the coder has promised me proper RXP Integration so will wait for that.

In the meantime I have another issue - I flew IL-2 1946 for about 3 years before I switched to FSX. During this time I had (and still have) an old pilots manual for it and I tried flying by the numbers etc a lot rather than dog-fighting.

They feel like very different beasts - the IL2 and this FSX version.

The IL-2 was heavy to roll at lower speed. The FSX one is much lighter.

The IL-2 one you could hold your foot on the rudder to change direction. This FSX one goes into a roll without any change of direction at all - I tried at many different speeds, it just rolls.

With a hammerhead you are just out of breath so you kick the rudder and it rolls/twists.

Seemingly opposite to this rolling - even though the P-38 has to be bullied to get a spin this FSX one doesn't want to do it and you have to hold the rudder.

Note I haven't tried a flat spin which to me the best plane in all of FSX for this that I like is the me109 by Bernt and Mike - Flight Replicas.

Even with accufeel on not getting much of a stall buffet - however that is probably spot on but just thought I would mention it.

I haven't tried diving much yet so cannot comment on that.

Approaches feel funny with the rudder making rolls so no real side-slipping even engines off and gliding.

I installed this one then the FSD one and it said it was going to change some XML because there was an error. I clicked yes then thought oops!! and reinstalled the Milviz version - could this be a factor? or is it just my ignorance and this thing was a real roller?

I wonder if I have developed a busted saitek rudder pedal set?

Sorry. This is not our support forum. If you wish support, register and got our forums.

thank you.

Kat

All is good - problem my end which will be fixed shortly - all good. Disregard the rolling.
    Last edited by P38man; August 29th, 2014 at 02:45.

I was going to say, I tested the rivets out of the plane with Diego back when and didn't have any of the issues described. Glad you got it sorted out. If you haven't registered on the MV forums, you should, the devs support is very quick generally for issues like this. I flew it again last night after reading this thread.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Members who have read this thread: 1