Just Flight DC-8 50-70 series released! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just Flight DC-8 50-70 series released!

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    How did you get the shiny glare off the plane? I have tried in numerous lighting and can't get this look.
    skyhawka4m,
    Absolutely nothing, I run a bog standard FSX install on a drive that I hot swap in so I can test additions outside of my 'real' FSX installation, just in case anything goes wrong.
    Could it be you have something in yours that boosts the shine?
    Look for envmap.bmp in root texture folder, it should be exactly 42.7k.
    That's about all I can think of.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by RAS_JF View Post
    Here is the paintkit for the DC-8 Jetliner 50 to 70 series:

http://cdn.mastertronic.com/justflig...0_PaintKit.zip
    Has anyone got the 50-70 paintkit? The link no longer seems to work and the JF website only has the 10-40 kit.

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyBing View Post
    Has anyone got the 50-70 paintkit? The link no longer seems to work and the JF website only has the 10-40 kit.
    Send me your e-mail adress in a Private message and i can send you the paintkit.

Cheers,
    Randy

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy92 View Post
    Send me your e-mail adress in a Private message and i can send you the paintkit.

Cheers,
    Randy
    I'll take a copy too...

PM on the way
    You can't take the sky from me...

I've tested the 50 to 70 series for the first time and found that the early and late 61 series and 63 series cockpits bring FSX to a standstill. I couldn't trace this behavior down to a gauge (removed them all and didn't see any improvement), so I assume that the model file itself is to blame.
    All other variants in the package perform nominally, albeit with a general framerate hit (the variants without FMC perform slightly better).

For what it was worth, I tried to run the "bad" models through MCX in the hope that a reexport might fix whatever bad pieces are in them. However, each and every time, the result was that XToMDL crashed because it ran out of memory. Can't blame it. Each cockpit variation has around 350000 polygons and over 1000 drawcalls and produces a 50 MB .x file (default 747: 28600 polys, 68 drawcalls, 4.5 MB .x file).

By the way: "High Performance" models only apply to the exterior, by the way, so you may safely leave the aircraft in "High Quality".

And speaking of "High Performance" mode...
    If FSX/P3D throws an error when selecting the "high performance" configuration 53 Series, go to "JF_Douglas_DC8-53\model.53_std\model.cfg" and change
    interior=JF_DC-8-53_int
    to
    interior=..\model.53\JF_DC-8-53_int
    then restart FSX/P3D.
    That should fix it.

Members who have read this thread: 5