Prelude to Axanar

Thread: Prelude to Axanar

Prelude to Axanar

I've been out of the loop for a while so I'm not sure if this posting should go here or Canelo's but I'll leave it to the mods to move it if they see fit. I know there are Star Trek people here who will appreciate this. IMO the effects are at least as high quality as are on the Remastered TOS. A few things had to be changed from strict "canon" due to copyright issues, which I only mention to get ahead of the issue; personally I'd rather slide down a long razor blade butt naked into a pool full of starving piranhas than argue Star Trek canon. Anyway, this is the prelude to a full length feature under development by the Star Trek: Axanar team on YouTube. Enjoy.

JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

That looks great The show had my undivided attention when I saw Tony Todd and JG Hertzler. Can't go wrong with those two lol, they probably know more about Klingon culture than anyone, perfect to have them portray Starfleet officers battling Klingons.

Great to see some high quality fan films really gaining some traction.

One of my favorites is Star Trek Aurora, a wonderful 3D animated film that deals with life outside of Starfleet.
    http://www.auroratrek.com/

I agree with you James about arguing with 'canon' with Trekkies...it is pointless lol. Everything is canon in an unlimited multi-universe. They seem to have missed the episodes featuring the Organians, Q, The Traveller, The Prophets....etc beings who all had a much broader understanding of the non linear nature of time, space, and realities lol. That and a founding principle of the show is IDIC "infinite diversity, infinite combinations" so, anything and everything is possible.

Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Holy smoke! Frankly the acting, the CGI, the dialogue, and the special effects are truly professional quality. I'll go so far as to state IMHO this is far better than anything coming out of any major studios these days.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by pilottj View Post
    That looks great The show had my undivided attention when I saw Tony Todd and JG Hertzler. Can't go wrong with those two lol, they probably know more about Klingon culture than anyone, perfect to have them portray Starfleet officers battling Klingons.

Great to see some high quality fan films really gaining some traction.

One of my favorites is Star Trek Aurora, a wonderful 3D animated film that deals with life outside of Starfleet.
    http://www.auroratrek.com/

I agree with you James about arguing with 'canon' with Trekkies...it is pointless lol. Everything is canon in an unlimited multi-universe. They seem to have missed the episodes featuring the Organians, Q, The Traveller, The Prophets....etc beings who all had a much broader understanding of the non linear nature of time, space, and realities lol. That and a founding principle of the show is IDIC "infinite diversity, infinite combinations" so, anything and everything is possible.

Cheers
    TJ
    AWESOME preview! I love the documentary format, and it was a genius stroke to gather such an ensemble of actors together. It took until the Credits for me to discover that Richard Hatch portrayed the Klingon Chancellor... brilliant!
    It's always a pleasure to see Kate Burton in any role, and Gary Graham as Soval... as Hertzler and Todd know what it is to be Klingons, The Vulcans find their voice in Graham.

About Trek canon... as someone who can honestly say they have followed Trek passionately from the beginning, all canon does is ignore the diversity and imagination of its fan base. Combine whatever elements as you see fit, from whatever source, and enjoy Trek for what it brings... simply, great entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Holy smoke! Frankly the acting, the CGI, the dialogue, and the special effects are truly professional quality. I'll go so far as to state IMHO this is far better than anything coming out of any major studios these days.
    At least better than anything from Michael Bay. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    At least better than anything from Michael Bay. LOL
    A friend of mine told me Michael Bay's production company is remaking Hitchcock's The Birds. He will find a way to make the birds explode, in 3D.

JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Members who have read this thread: 0