P3D 2.3 is Released!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: P3D 2.3 is Released!!

I run my Prepar3d on a WD Velocieraptor 250gb Sata 6gb HDD. My 770 is an Asus OC http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/GTX770DC2OC4GD5/

That is a LOVELY card there!!

I'm also very frustrated about the pricing of SSD's now. For what I paid for mine, I can get a double sized disk now...

So my bank will hate me, but I'm getting both!

D.

Get a bigger SSD.
    Normal hardrive are a thing from the past. They are good when you need to store huge files (movies, archives, pictures etc...) and that's all.

Also, I'm surprised to read about the FPS impact of the overcast weather.
    The impact is quite limited on my computer. :/
    I'm using the HDE clouds in 512.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    lol, Bill, I'm old. . .but I haven't lost it yet, lol. I'm aware of how to view images. The original size of this image is 1033x777. . .that's not the size it displays at, so "no" it doesn't display full size. It displays at the size the forum limits it to.
    Fair enough. In that case, right click on the thumbnail and open in a new Tab or new Window. Then use Ctrl+Mousewheel to increase/decrease size of the image in the browser...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Also, I'm surprised to read about the FPS impact of the overcast weather.
    The impact is quite limited on my computer. :/
    I'm using the HDE clouds in 512.
    Daube,

What are the specs of your computer??

Dumonceau

i7 960 @3,6GHz with a GTX480, running on Windows 7 64.
    EDIT: ah yes, my transparency antialiasing is totally disabled in the P3D profile in NVidia Inspector. I don't know if that counts in P3D, but in FSX in DX9 mode, it made a drastic improvement.

i7 960 @3,6GHz with a GTX480, running on Windows 7 64.
    EDIT: ah yes, my transparency antialiasing is totally disabled in the P3D profile in NVidia Inspector. I don't know if that counts in P3D, but in FSX in DX9 mode, it made a drastic improvement.
    That reminds me. . .I haven't utilized NVidia Inspector in some time, seems like one of the "pro's" on the LM forum said it was basically outdated now with all the changes that LM has made in the programming and coding. Does anyone still use this?
    Also with respect to REX clouds, I'm using the full range of textures from REX2 and despite some really nice looking clouds I see very little fps hit (ie: less than 3fps tops).

Here are my specs as posted earlier:
    3.80 gigahertz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core
    Windows7 Home Premium-64bit 8Gig Ram
    NVidia GTX650Ti Video Card 2 gig Ram
    2-22" Flat Screen Monitors

[QUOTE=falcon409;900458]That reminds me. . .I haven't utilized NVidia Inspector in some time, seems like one of the "pro's" on the LM forum said it was basically outdated now with all the changes that LM has made in the programming and coding. Does anyone still use this?
    Also with respect to REX clouds, I'm using the full range of textures from REX2 and despite some really nice looking clouds I see very little fps hit (ie: less than 3fps tops).

I am using NI just to get Sparcegrid Supersampling working. It eliminates in my case all shimmering in cockpits, improves readability and is in my opinion worth few frames.

Still getting things set up on my new rig, but right now, 2.3 rocks!!!

Just loaded REX 3 & 4. Should I also load Shade? Have not yet run P3D since I just finished loading REX.

Tried my MegaScenery Earth and it looks fantastic. Haven't loaded any aircraft, yet.

Haven't changed any settings from auto default, and my frames are pegged on 20. Hope to get some screens soon, once I get snapshot set up.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

How to get rid of the text?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	x.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	12979
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

It's just like FSX, Zolt => press SHIFT+Z a few times

It's just like FSX, Zolt => press SHIFT+Z a few times
    Thank you!
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

works RAZBAM A-7 Corsair package here?

Members who have read this thread: 2