Phatoms, Phatoms, Phatoms

Thread: Phatoms, Phatoms, Phatoms

Phatoms, Phatoms, Phatoms

Hello,

I have wanted to have a Phatom into my FSX Hangar, but I am a little confused because there seems to be several different Phantoms in differet phase available. Can you give me some advices of the status of them and where I could get one. For example Milviz Phantom.

You can get the Milviz Phantom here.

Dave

ajaakko, you are right. There are a lot of Phantoms for FSX.

The first group are basically FS9 portovers. That would include IRIS, AlphaSim and Cloud9. The Cloud9 phantom is still payware, I believe, and there's a full thread somewhere on porting it over to FSX. Same for the AlphaSim model. IRIS recently announced an updated version of theirs for FSX - the announcement is on their website with a link to the download on Facebook.

The second group are FSX native payware models. Milviz recently released theirs as beta which means updates are expected as development continues. Dhazelgrove provided the link to the Milviz beta. SimWorks Studio is working on another payware Phantom and from the images I've seen they must be getting close to releasing it.

The only Phantom I'm flying in FSX is the portover from Cloud9 since I already had that installed in FS9, so I can't add much more than that. Perhaps someone else can chime in on the various FSX Phantoms.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by ajaakko View Post
    Hello,

I have wanted to have a Phatom into my FSX Hangar, but I am a little confused because there seems to be several different Phantoms in differet phase available. Can you give me some advices of the status of them and where I could get one. For example Milviz Phantom.
    Terve Jaska!

Minä käytän Virtavian (entinen Alphasim) F-4 Phantom II Pack 3:a, joka on FS2004:stä modifioitu versio FSX:lle. Hyvin toimii ja on ilmainen. Löydät sen esimerkiksi täältä: http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloa...pack-3-update/

och samma på engelska:

I am using Virtavia F-4 Phantom II pack 3 which is port over from FS2004 Phantom. It works nicely in FSX and is freeware. It can be downloaded for example from the link above.

Pekka

I was about to recommend this one as a good free starter, but Pekka replied first. There are three packs containing different versions of the Phantom.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

The three packs by Alphasim/Virtavia make a good start - especially with Jafo's panels - and they're freeware.
    They cover just about every marque that has seen service somewhere. The models do show their age, though.

Make sure you get the FSX-updated versions from Simviation, and then add Jafo's panel/VC upgrades.

You could also try the Cloud9 offering (not freeware). Many people swear by it, and Jafo has again provided upgrades.

Want FSX-native?
    There are some coming. Milviz is doing the F-4E/EJ/F. They're also supplying an external-only model of the F-4J (common panel/VC with the F-4E) for the USN/USMC enthusiasts.

There's also the F-4B being done elsewhere.

British Spey-engine variants? The new IRIS teaser has promise.

It's slow going, but there will be Phantoms in FSX/P3D before too much longer.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    There are some coming. Milviz is doing the F-4E/EJ/F. They're also supplying an external-only model of the F-4J (common panel/VC with the F-4E) for the USN/USMC enthusiasts.
    Actually its an F-4S and there is a VC in the works for it now as well. Shots are on Facebook.
    -JB

Members who have read this thread: 2