Microsoft Shuts Down Aces

Thread: Microsoft Shuts Down Aces

Lets keep this in mind. CFS2 stopped being supported by M$ practically after it had left the printing press. There were not official service packs, no updates, no M$ expansion packs.

...Now look was we have with CFS2 8 to 9 years later...:woot:
    Take my love, take my land / Take me where I cannot stand, I don't care, I'm still free / You can't take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black / Tell 'em I ain't comin' back.

Burn the land and boil the sea / You can't take the sky from me...

xx

thats exactly why i started my own sight just incase.....
    dog1

That's really unfortunate for those losing jobs, but it won't effect anything for any of their existing FS/CFS products at this point. Everything from CFS to FSX been on the market long enough to pull sufficient followings and community support. All the critical in-house work's been done already: patches, expansions, etc. The only things currently rolling are sundry third-party developments which don't really require Aces input since they've already published all the necessary SDK tools. We'll just have to wait for some other gamer to eventually put together a future equivalent to the proposed "FS11-Combat Sim".

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Fellows it is not only the flight sim end of it but MS has had to replace almost if not half of the XBoxes sold due to bad workman ship.Now it is time to dig into those dll files and get this sim on the road. I am not going to lose sleep over the closing because it will open up a road for new companies to come in and take over.As for me I am going to keep on flying CFS2 untill something better comes along .:typing:
    BOB EDWARDS

You have to understand the CFS2 AI inorder to command them.

Why walk when you can ride

It is not what CFS2 is doing but what it looks like it is doing that counts

Bobhegf, we've been waiting a long time for that to happen. It will take something really special and extremely user-configurable to knock the old girl off her perch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by bobhegf View Post
    Fellows it is not only the flight sim end of it but MS has had to replace almost if not half of the XBoxes sold due to bad workman ship.Now it is time to dig into those dll files and get this sim on the road. I am not going to lose sleep over the closing because it will open up a road for new companies to come in and take over.As for me I am going to keep on flying CFS2 untill something better comes along .:typing:

that's right, I still dream about CFS9X or CFSX. They haven't to do much, only to make guns and bomb´s available and give the Ai aircraft some Ai. Oh, and a good mission builder is needed also.

wolfi

One sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes (Antoine de Saint Exupéry)

with the amount of people who follow cfs and fs from many years, that are something that does not happen with any game,comparable to Half life series (Counter strike) that tube the luck to have fans programmers and some patch of the company that an expressed to him to the maximum.
    I can´t believe that microsoft' executives cannot make money in amount with this fenomeno.There is no a policy to offer support and to commercialize patch,
    always I was interested in spending my money in an expansion of cfs2 in the European theater with the same engine,etc.
    but it seems that the money of all the fans of the world is little for microsoft

This news should inspire us more since we are now the frontline in keeping the CFS2 the only truely total WW2 representing Sim in the World keep going. We need to keep this going to be able to teach future generation about the sacrifyces our previous generation had to endure to keep us free from World Tyrany.

I believe our Kids should know about the AC they flew and how they fly them and what tactics they used. I believe this and the other Combat Simulator Simulators should be use not only for entertainment but also as a teaching tool.

If there is a market and somebody can make money catering to that market, something else will come along. Suddenly there is a bunch of very talented and skilled people out of work, it's not impossible that somehow they can band together and make something happen. Meanwhile I have seen this so-called out of date CFS2 make tremendous strides in the few years i have been involved. Look at the new web sites just from our little community, Sopwith Camel, Rami and now Dog1. I don't think I'm being naive, but this AMERICA. Giving up is not part of our national heritage. "Build it. they will come." :Banane36:

Members who have read this thread: 1