Lots of Curtiss Jenny Textures now available. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lots of Curtiss Jenny Textures now available.

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Just downloaded a few beautiful repaints from the Ford tri-motor site for the Curtiss Jenny (Birdman, Lindbergh, DVFC).

Noticed all Virtual Cockpits have brown padding in VC view, but the aircraft exterior views show blue padding in cockpit.

Is there a way this can be fixed, perhaps via the aircraft config somehow ?
    G J smith passed away a while back

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Damn this is the first I heard Garry had passed.....any posts/info Ive had a look and cant find anything........
    The source code for Vista may very well be the longest suicide note in history

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    I'm very sorry to hear of his passing. His work on the Jenny is amazing and I'm sure will be enjoyed by many future generations of virtual flyers.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza View Post
    Damn this is the first I heard Garry had passed.....any posts/info Ive had a look and cant find anything........
    Dear Warwick,

You should visit us more often. Gary passed, more than a year ago, on the 25th of October 2016.

It was announced here at the SOH in several forums: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ther-FS-Legend

Best regards,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Dear Warwick,

You should visit us more often. Gary passed, more than a year ago, on the 25th of October 2016.

It was announced here at the SOH in several forums: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ther-FS-Legend

Best regards,
    Huub
    Thanks Huub.... I pop in here all the time (very rarely log in though) We have lost a few good ones these last few years
    The source code for Vista may very well be the longest suicide note in history

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza View Post
    Thanks Huub.... I pop in here all the time (very rarely log in though) We have lost a few good ones these last few years
    Glad to hear you are still around. We sure did loose some icons over the years and I'm afraid the flightsim community isn't getting much younger.

For those who want Gary's repaints for the Curtiss Jenny, they are still available here:

http://www.ford-tri-motor.net/curtiss-jenny.htm

Cheers,
    Huub

It seems that the Ford Tri-motor site put out all the repaints for the Jenny that I could find.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

Anyone know where I can download this 'Jenny' repaint with the checkered tail, but without all of the 'Circus' logos/advertising ?

Cheers, MZee ...

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Anyone know where I can download this 'Jenny' repaint with the checkered tail, but without all of the 'Circus' logos/advertising ?

Check your PM's.

Thank-you, very much for the links @grayeagle. I just downloaded them.

This red paint suits her very well ....... but I didn't much care for the "Circus" advertising on the original version. Most of the other repaints in the file 'jenny11' , I already had, but thank-you for the update.

Cheers,
    Milan.
    Cheers, MZee ...

Has anybody done an FSX Native conversion of the old MS Jenny? I liked flying it in FSX/P3D v3 but since moving to V4 I miss it.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

From my memory, there should be at least two and most likely three. One done by Dirk Stuck, which is available at Flightsim.com (filename : curtiss-1.zip). I'm not sure whether the Jenny by David Grindele is fully FSX native. This one is available at Flightsim.com as well (filename : jenny11.zip).

Craig "full" Richardson did a full native FSX version of the Jenny, but I don't know whether that one is still available somewhere.

Cheers,
    Huub

Some years ago I uploaded Michal Putu's FsX model files here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=34&id=4793

You need the Fs9 Jenny initially though.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Some years ago I uploaded Michal Putu's FsX model files here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=34&id=4793

You need the Fs9 Jenny initially though.
    Thanks Roger that did the trick!

I dropped Michal Putu's model into David Grindele's update (filename : jenny11.zip) and I am flying again. Only other update I had to do was turn the tail skid into a wheel so it would move on the runway and its ready to go (I had to do the same fix in V3). Three of the textures did not work so I had to remove them but other than that its all working.

On a side note I noticed Craig Richardson's 'www.classicwings.net' site is down, which is disappointing as I know I visited it not that long ago.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Members who have read this thread: 0