View Panning FSX

Thread: View Panning FSX

View Panning FSX

So I have the Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X for a joystick + throttle. It has a swivel thing on the joystick to pan around the cockpit, external views, etc. Just yesterday, it simply stopped working. The joystick was plugged in, I changed nothing. It just stopped working. I reset the controller and FSX + a restart on my PC. The joystick appeared to be working okay until I tried to pan around my cockpit. It now pans much slower than before. It's super slow! It appears to have extreme lag too. But when I hold shift and pan with the mouse, I have perfect frames! What could be wrong with my controller. Any insight would be great as I'm pretty lost here.

That's called a hat switch, and it sounds like yours is pressure sensitive, and that it broke.

Well my friend has the same joystick setup. Same model and his has done it forever but I just assumed it's because his computer is junk. I have a custom gaming rig. So what are my options in your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator22 View Post
    Well my friend has the same joystick setup. Same model and his has done it forever but I just assumed it's because his computer is junk. I have a custom gaming rig. So what are my options in your opinion?

Hi Aviator

Are you using EZCA ? Then perhaps try to turn it off. Also maybe try to check the "view pan" slider in your control settings

Soeren

I assume you're not trying to pan in one of the fixed camera views?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Unplug the stick and plug it into another socket. Sometimes you may bump the plug and bend the socket a bit. A small screwdriver, if it's too big will bring it back to proper shape.
    Joe Watson
    Lake Placid, Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Hi Aviator

Are you using EZCA ? Then perhaps try to turn it off. Also maybe try to check the "view pan" slider in your control settings

Soeren

No I am not

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I assume you're not trying to pan in one of the fixed camera views?
    No I am not trying that. It's the virtual cockpit. I just got the PMDG 777-300 and am not able to use it. Pretty frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    Unplug the stick and plug it into another socket. Sometimes you may bump the plug and bend the socket a bit. A small screwdriver, if it's too big will bring it back to proper shape.
    I also believed this to be a possible solution but all USB inputs have the same result, everything functioning fine but my hat switch and or view panning in fsx.

Icon14

Thanks for the input everyone. I figured it out. Had to turn my repeat all the way to the right as it was only in the middle in the controls section of FSX.

Members who have read this thread: 1