IRIS P-40 Paint?

Thread: IRIS P-40 Paint?

IRIS P-40 Paint?

Question: To the best of our collective knowledge, did anyone ever put the 343rd FG "Aleutian Tiger" paintjob on the freeware IRIS P-40N? I am aware that the actual AC was a K model, but I like the scheme and would love to fly that particular plane (or at least a facsimile of it).

Thanks,

LA
    ...things will go as they will; and there's no use hurrying to meet them.

Post please an image! It will help you?
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Quote Originally Posted by mirage3 View Post
    Post please an image! It will help you?
    That'll be this one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P-40M_RIAT2007_2407_800.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	104.7 KB 
ID:	10225

In actual service the Aleutian Tigers flew the P-40B and -E, and there are several repaints for the -E available (including one beauty from the much missed John Detrick); but the aircraft Andersel is referring to is G-KITT, currently based with Hangar 11 at North Weald, but formerly with The Fighter Collection at Duxford and Christophe Jacquard in France. She has worn several schemes; a 112 Sqn desert scheme (1985), then the Tigers scheme (2001) and a Tuskegee scheme from 2009 - the latter was supposed to be temporary, applied for her starring role in the movie "Red Tails", but Hangar 11 decided to stick with it.

She has now been repainted again as 'Lulu Belle', an aircraft of the 89FS (the Burma Banshees) which served in India during 1944. More details here.

As far as I'm aware none of these schemes have been done for the Iris P-40, but I'll be very happy to be proved wrong.
    Andy

Try this: at flightsim.com

FSX - FSX Warbirds FSX Curtiss P-40E Aleutian Tigers
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: p40eat.zip
    Size: 4,005,530 Date: 05-24-2012 Downloads: 270

FSX Curtiss P-40E Aleutian Tigers. Textures only for the freeware Iris P-40 Kittyhawk. This represents a P40E assigned to the 11th Fighter Squadron, 343rd Fighter Group in Adak during the 1942 time period. This squadron was known as the Aleutian Tigers, in reference to their commanding officer who was the son of Gen. Chennault of the famed Flying Tigers. By John Detrick.

Quote Originally Posted by johndetrick View Post
    Try this: at flightsim.com

FSX - FSX Warbirds FSX Curtiss P-40E Aleutian Tigers
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: p40eat.zip
    Size: 4,005,530 Date: 05-24-2012 Downloads: 270

FSX Curtiss P-40E Aleutian Tigers. Textures only for the freeware Iris P-40 Kittyhawk. This represents a P40E assigned to the 11th Fighter Squadron, 343rd Fighter Group in Adak during the 1942 time period. This squadron was known as the Aleutian Tigers, in reference to their commanding officer who was the son of Gen. Chennault of the famed Flying Tigers. By John Detrick.
    Clarification, please, John: Will this FSX skin work on the FS9 version of the model, or will a conversion be required?

LA

These are DDS textures for FSX. They will need to be converted.

Bomber_12th did a repaint pack with the Aleutian Tiger in it. It was at Avsim but was lost in the big crash.
    You could pm him here and see if he still has the file. "p40wrhwks.zip"
    The above paint will also work but you would need to convert from dds to bmp and delete the spec files.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Attachment 10259

Attachment 10260

FS9 P40E Warhawk, no idea where it came from but IIRC this has been revised several times.
    I think 'Wild Bill' might have done the deed.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    Bomber_12th did a repaint pack with the Aleutian Tiger in it. It was at Avsim but was lost in the big crash.
    You could pm him here and see if he still has the file. "p40wrhwks.zip"
    The above paint will also work but you would need to convert from dds to bmp and delete the spec files.

Joe

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rid=65&page=10

'bout 1/2 way down.

Thanks, JDT. That link is a veritable trove.

LA

BTW - Anybody that wants to may reach out through cyber-space and give me a serious dopes lap. I TOTALLY missed the fact that there is a version of the "Aleutian Tigers" scheme included in the IRIS install package. DOH!

LA

Members who have read this thread: 4