Iris Phantom - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iris Phantom

Nice Marines Phantom!
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Remember IRIS announced to re-release their former FS9 Phantoms as freeware last year? Yesterday, they published an update on IRIS FB: "Here's a quick shot from Prepar3D V2 of the updated Phantom. It's got brand new higher resolution artwork and paintkit along with some improvements in the modelling (nose was in need of some love!). Next will be porting in the FS9 animations and adding in some other tweaks such as 3D lighting, 3D afterburners etc."

Looks like the models will be recompiled for FSX/P3D2, the VC will not be re-modelled (IRIS: "I doubt very much will be altered in the cockpit as much as we'd love to do it").

Last edited by hschuit; August 7th, 2014 at 04:49.

Thanks for the bump.. And there's some great paints there Zsolt.. Well done!

Yes I am doing a bit of work on the model in my spare time, which is fun... going back into Gmax to do the work though is like pulling teeth though.lol. I'm a bit spoilt by 3DS Max now.

I'll post a paintkit soon for repainters to do some awesome schemes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yea

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Sorry - I should have made it clear (and have corrected my original query) - has anyone gotten it to work in FSX+DX10?

I have used it extensively pre- DX10, it's only now with DX10 that I have issues. I have Steve's fixer enabled, and all salient effects toggled. But the VC canopy is still solidly opaque from the inside.

Since the Phantom projects extant (Milviz and Jamal's) focus on B/E/J models, the Iris model is the only K/FG model we're likely to see for quite a long time. I know Flying Stations bought the model rights to a certain unfinished British mesh/model - but gauging from the development time on the two Bucc's, I'd be surprised to see it this side of 2016. Of course, that project would doubtlessly result in a lovely model - but to enjoy the impending John Young / ACG RAF Wattisham, as well as general RAF/RN FAA flying - that - a fix of the Iris model would be a timely - and enormously appreciated endeavour.

Thanks,

dl
    dl, i have FSX+DX11 (before i had DX10) with acceleration and it works & worked perfectly. i had a problem with the DX9 preview but i solved unabling it. cheers

M3
    Last edited by mirage3; August 7th, 2014 at 09:15.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mirage3 View Post
    dl, i have FSX+DX11 (before i had) with acceleration and it works & worked perfectly. i had a problem with the DX9 preview but i solved unabling it. cheers

M3
    Hello - and thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure I understand, especially what is "DX11" and "DX9 Preview"?. What I have is DX10, and that's where it's a solid opaque canopy when viewed from the VC ....

I do appreciate if you can help, though - maybe a miscommunication?

dl

No, there's no misscommunication. DX11 is the last version of DirectX and a step over DX10.
    Generally, if DX11 work so does it also DX10. But, if you have the "DX9-Preview" enabled on the FSX options, the aircraft will be show white and the canopy is opaque or not transparent. disable this and you will see it right. generally it functions... tell me how it's going!
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Blog Entries
    It was fine in FSX+Accell on my old machine (with I assume DX9), the issue is with DX10 preview. I don't have a DX11 preview option that I know of.

If I disable DX10, all my FPS goes down drastically, negating the whole reason for a hardware upgrade.

thanks,

dl

Ok, then download this: http://www.flight1software.com/fsxto..._vcrainfix.exe
    Tell me if it functions
    Miro

But, if you have the "DX9-Preview" enabled on the FSX options, the aircraft will be show white and the canopy is opaque or not transparent. disable this and you will see it right.
    There is no DX9 Preview option. You are referring to DX10 Preview.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PreviewDX10_zps39a9f0e9.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	11033
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

No, there's no misscommunication. DX11 is the last version of DirectX and a step over DX10.
    Generally, if DX11 work so does it also DX10. But, if you have the "DX9-Preview" enabled on the FSX options, the aircraft will be show white and the canopy is opaque or not transparent. disable this and you will see it right. generally it functions... tell me how it's going!
    FSX does not work with DX11, it cannot work with DX11, the software was not designed to use DX11, even DX10 was a last minute thing, thats why it has a DX10 preview mode. if you mean you have WIN8, from what I understand it has DX9 and 10 loaded as well. Win 7 was DX10 you installed DX9 ro run FSX.
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

I didn't understand. I have Win7 Professional installed with DX11 and FSX works great
    Miro

I didn't understand.
    FSX uses either Direct X 9 or if you select Direct X 10 preview, Direct X 10.

It cannot use Direct X 11 as it did not exist when FSX was released.

Direct X 11 is backwards compatible as far as Direct X 8, which means that any program written for
    Direct X 8, 9, 10 or 11 will work but each uses the Direct X components for which it was written.

It is quite common for glass textures in models made for Fs9 to display incorrectly in FSX, whether in Dx9
    or Dx10 mode.
    It is normally to do with alpha channels being handled differently by each mode and can usually be
    corrected, though the same fix will not necessarily work for both modes.

Of note folks.. the Phantom while it is freeware now, won't be up on the Iris site any time soon... in fact, its pretty much dead from that end, but I think I've seen it on a few freeware sites.

Zolt: ever considered an Israeli scheme?

The IRIS - Classics Series - Phantom for FSX/P3D/P3D2 is now on the IRIS servers. I've not made it public knowledge as yet and it IS a part build an work in progress, but it's something for the painters to play with.

The Paintkit will be uploaded later on. It uses the same UVMapping as the original phantom, but file names are different and resolution is doubled.

Please make sure you read the readme first.

http://www.irissimulations.com.au/fi...cs_phantom.zip

Enjoy!

David.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ah, well, David speaketh! Ignore me folks

David, thanks for this nice gift! Looking forward to the finished version.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IRIS_PhantomX.jpg  

Thanks David, The gift is very much appreciated. Class act as usual.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Members who have read this thread: 5