Black & White Hurricane

Thread: Black & White Hurricane

Black & White Hurricane

Who knows who flies a Hurricane in 'Polish' squadron colours in Britain?
    A similar one to this came over my house in Eastbourne, accompanied by a support plane today.
    I've never seen it on the airshow circuit, and can't find any info on the internet.
    Curiosity has now taken over...
    (The one pictured is based in NZ)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b&w hurri.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	10174

Regards, Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by stuartcox View Post
    Who knows who flies a Hurricane in 'Polish' squadron colours in Britain?
    A similar one to this came over my house in Eastbourne, accompanied by a support plane today.
    I've never seen it on the airshow circuit, and can't find any info on the internet.
    Curiosity has now taken over...
    (The one pictured is based in NZ)

Regards, Stuart
    It was the same aircraft Stuart!

Now based in France (registered F-AZKR), and over this weekend for Flying Legends.

(Not in Polish markings btw).

Apparently departed Duxford earlier today with another aircraft.

Some pics of it departing here: -
    http://forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php?128152-Duxford-Diary-2014&p=2152717#post2152717

It put on another cracking display at Legends, with Keith Skilling at the controls again. (He used to fly the aircraft when it was based in New Zealand).

Cheers

Paul
    Last edited by Bradburger; July 14th, 2014 at 13:16. Reason: Link edited

It is actually the very same aircraft you saw! It only used to be based in New Zealand. Last year it was sold to a new owner and it has been based in Cannes, France since the spring/summer of 2013. It was at Flying Legends last year and it was at Flying Legends again over this past weekend. When you saw it, it was heading back to France. The aircraft is P3351, registered F-AZXR, and its owner is a gentleman by the name of Jan Friso Roozen.

(Edit: Paul beat me to the punch.)

(Edit: Paul beat me to the punch.)
    Indeed, but thanks for including the extra info!

Here's a video of the aircraft taken during last years Flying Legends.

Cheers

Pau;l

Thank you very much for your help guys!

There is nothing worse than seeing an extremely rare airworthy aircraft, and not knowing where it belongs...

Cheers, Stuart

Has that scheme ever been done for either the AH or Sky Unlimited Hurricanes? Its such a simple scheme, yet somehow prettier than many of the later ones, would be nice to add that to my line-up.
    Andy

I've been hoping to take a look at the painkit for the JustFlight/AH FSX Hurricane, as I would like to make some repaints for it of all of the different Hurricanes flying today and a few more which are nearly completed/ready to fly - those that I'm immediately aware of are, are in the U.S. (2 flying, 1 under rebuild to fly), Canada (1 flying, 1 under restoration to fly), U.K. (5 flying, 6 under restoration to fly), France (1 Flying), and Belgium (1 under restoration to fly). I haven't heard any reports yet this year of test flights being conducted yet, but I believe that at least two of the Hurricanes under restoration in the U.K. are essentially, if not already, complete (G-HITT and G-ROBT).

As you mention, Andy, I too have always loved the understated early Battle of France markings that P3351 is painted in - the same can be said about the Battle of France era markings on the restored Mk.1 Spitfires N3200 and P9374 (which also have the white/black identification scheme on the bottom). Its been fantastic to see P3351 go to an owner which is displaying it at air shows - the last few years it was in New Zealand it sat idle.

Sounds great John. I don't have that version but, if you do those repaints, I might be tempted to get it.

But it seems as though nobody did it for FS9, which is a shame. Guess I'll have to take a crack at it myself; it'll be the Sky Unlimited model though, as that is the only one I have a paintkit for.
    Andy

Members who have read this thread: 1