Pitching Deck - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pitching Deck

A Sandwitch

Port Royal in between Nimitz and Ike. Would of been nice to see the skivy wavers (SignalMen) using their flags from the signal bridge or the signal lights flashing. That would
    of been pretty neat.

Attachment 10586

Is this software still available? Link to download from first post is dead. Thanks. NC

Quote Originally Posted by orionll View Post
    Link still works here. However, here's an alternate just in case.

Got it that time. Thanks! Pete

No problem! Hope you enjoy the program.

I found the idea of a pitching deck very interesting so I had to try it out. I used the preset for San Diego (Pitch Freq: 60%, Pitch Amp: 1º, Bank Freq: 20%, Bank Amp: 0.5º) and flew my Grumman Duck out to the ship. I noticed from a distance that the ship was pitching as much as 45º but as I approached it settled down closer to the preset but not 1º. Being in an amphibian I landed near the ship and noticed that the proximity of my aircraft to the ship seemed to change the pitch amplitude as I moved around it. I'll have to try it in other aircraft.

I think this is a very good start to something that will add to the realism of carrier landings in FSX with the caveat of only very slight pitching and overcoming the problem of lights staying attached, the proper functionality of the catapult would also be a plus.

For more radical pitching in high seas there will need to be ships with modeled hulls (can be done in FSX) and visible ocean waves which may be possible in future versions of P3D but I don't think that is possible for FSX.

Keep up the good work because I would very much like to see "Pitching Deck" move from the realm of novelty to the potentially great addon it could be.

Visible waves already exist in P3D v2.x, when the water sliders at at full right. Will this program work on this platform?

It will however, as you say need a deeper modeled hull as well as P3D v2.0 compatible wake effects for the complete experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Visible waves already exist in P3D v2.x, when the water sliders at at full right. Will this program work on this platform?

It will however, as you say need a deeper modeled hull as well as P3D v2.0 compatible wake effects for the complete experience.
    Does anybody know if you can use pitching deck offline?

Has anyone tried to obtain the pitching deck effect since 2014?
    Every link i try results in an error 404.

If anyone knows of a good link, can you please post here.
    Many thanks.

Deke
    Navy81

Posted a link which I thought did work but doesn’t. If no one else finds a copy I’ve got it still packaged on a backup drive somewhere I’ll dig it out and PM you where to get it

ATB
    Gaz

Many thanks Gaz!

Members who have read this thread: 6