REX4 install cont.

Thread: REX4 install cont.

REX4 install cont.

Still hung up on this. Have all the REX4 files downloaded and waiting in IDM. The 'save to' address for each is C\Users\Dave\Downloads\REX4install but that folder remains empty. It's something stupid so, besides me, what is it?

you need to register on the REX Support forum and post your problem.

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/
    When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
    Henny Youngman

Quote Originally Posted by Smashing Time View Post
    you need to register on the REX Support forum and post your problem.

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/
    It's actually a PC Aviator problem. This is a 6+ Gb download broken into 11 separate unzipped files. The idea is to download and send these in a single designated folder then, from there, execute the install. IDM did the downloads but won't deliver them to the folder. Four attempts to contact the vendor but no joy yet.

Try doing it without the download manager. I did not use one. Just right click each file in the list and save target as...into your designated folder. It takes a while because of file size. I don't know your set up or download situation but it worked for me.

Steve
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Quote Originally Posted by olderndirt View Post
    Still hung up on this. Have all the REX4 files downloaded and waiting in IDM. The 'save to' address for each is C\Users\Dave\Downloads\REX4install but that folder remains empty. It's something stupid so, besides me, what is it?
    I am assuming you mean REX 4 Texture direct?
    Did you download the Installation manual on the PC aviator web site?

Here is the link for the download:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	REX4TextureDirectInstallGuide.pdf 
Views:	0 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	10034

Rick

You really need to register at the REX support forums, lot's of information there

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

[QUOTE=papab;894485]I am assuming you mean REX 4 Texture direct?
    Did you download the Installation manual on the PC aviator web site?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	REX4TextureDirectInstallGuide.pdf 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	10034

Rick

I have a copy of that guide and it's based on the assumption that I have them all in a single folder ready to run 'set-up.exe'. I have all the downloaded files but they're still in IDM and I don't have a clue how to get them on the path I assigned to IDM before download. PC Aviator probably knows how but there's nobody home - four tries now. Don't really need this agony with Essentials working great but thought, for the price, what the hey.

Icon4

I use IDM as well with no problems...
    You should have 4 folders in IDM:
    Compressed
    Documents
    Programs
    Videos

I think some of the files from REX 4 went into the program folder-make sure you have all the files that are listed in the install manual on page 6
    You can simply make a new folder on your desktop( right click the mouse and select new-> folder)
    Copy and paste all the files from the compressed folder and any others related to REX 4 into the new folder and run the setup.exe file
    Direct the install into the root drive C:\REX texture direct\

If you register at the REX forums,they can even give one-on -one assistance

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

I purchased REX4Direct from PCAviator and downloaded with IDM back in April without problem.

I just checked, and my download links to the Rex4Direct files are still active, so I created a new folder
    and re-downloaded a couple of the small files (autorun.exe and autorun.inf), and no problem.
    But I did have to browse to the new folder, and then open it, each time.

Are you sure you browsed completely into and downloaded to the correct folder? And when you
    downloaded, did IDM show it's download screen with the green bar above and the smaller purple bars
    below, and show completed when done? Sorry, that's not very scientific, but if you have IDM, I'm sure
    you know what I mean.

I'm wondering if maybe you have in fact downloaded, but have maybe dumped all the files all over your
    drive instead of into the folder (I've done that myself through not browsing all the way into the new
    folder I created, with the resut IDM dumped things into the drive in general. I've done that more than
    once).

But if IDM did not show its download screen at all, then maybe it's a set up problem with IDM.

In any case, there seems no limit on the number of downloads you can do, so why not retry with just one of
    the small files, like the autorun.inf (only 1 kb) or the autorun.exe (only 9 kb), taking care to browse to
    the correct new folder, and opening it, see if you can get those small files to download to the folder.

If you can get one the small files downloaded to the correct folder, then you should be ok after that with
    the larger CAB files.

Just some thoughts. I hope that helps.

Thanks - Rob.

I have a 'REX4install' folder on desktop and all the files are in there but clicking 'setup.exe' gets me thisClick image for larger version. 

Name:	rex4install.jpg 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	10050

Members who have read this thread: 0