OT: Another tragic loss this weekend.....P-51 down

Thread: OT: Another tragic loss this weekend.....P-51 down

OT: Another tragic loss this weekend.....P-51 down

Time to take a few of these planes that helped win WWII & lock them behind plexiglass so they will be preserved for the future. Not all of them tho; we still need to hear that beautiful sound when they are running wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    Yes, very sad. I'll be interested to see what the crash investigation comes back with for a cause, especially who was flying the airplane. . .the owner, or the instructor. . . .if that's even possible.

Terrible tragedy especially for the families and friends.

I would like to know what happened too. I am always afraid they (the FAA or other government agency) will ground WWII and older War birds out of a sense of they know what is best and they need to protect everyone. I may be a little cynical. If so, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    Time to take a few of these planes that helped win WWII & lock them behind plexiglass so they will be preserved for the future. Not all of them tho; we still need to hear that beautiful sound when they are running wide open.

I disagree entirely.
    I was not alive yet during WW2, and certainly do have an interest in those aircraft. But seeing them in museums does little for me, compared to seeing them actually flying. This is where aircraft belong. Up in the air flying.

My thoughts and prayers to the families involved.

Sorry to here this.
    Here is some information about the history of the lost plane.

http://www.mustangsmustangs.com/p-51...erial/44-74446
    When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
    Henny Youngman

Members who have read this thread: 5