Concours 'Het Loo' 2014.

Thread: Concours 'Het Loo' 2014.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Concours 'Het Loo' 2014.

Just a few photos form the 2014 Concours d'elegance that took place two weeks ago at the palace 'Het Loo' in Apeldoorn. It keeps getting bigger every event it seems, this year with more importers showing their latest products, and of course they have to show the best (And most expensive!) at this event, so some of the new cars on display included the BMW i8, Rolls Royce Wraith, Lamborghini Huracan, Porsche 918 Spyder (In plain white, quite a boring car..) and one of the best looking and performing sports cars of this moment, the McLaren P1:

The Dutch Renault club had a big delegation present, as Renault celebrates their 115th (!) anniversary this year; I like this little Renault 4CV equipped with a lot of extra's:

Some of the cars used in the sprints:

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

I probably have an odd taste in cars, but one of my favourites on display was this 1954 Greyhound Scenicruiser; built like a Dakota and showing plenty of wear and tear. Love it!:

This 1952 Trailways Red Ghost (Great name for a bus!) gets my vote for second place:

Beautiful Fiat 1100 Turismo Veloce from 1954:

1934 Jaguar SS100 'Airline':

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

1953 Fiat 8V by Vignale, a somewhat odd looking car:

Another 8V by Vignale, I like this one a bit better:

Impressive line-up of Facel Vega models:

1968 Healey SR Le Mans racer:

More about this car here: http://classiccarsglobal.blogspot.nl...-for-sale.html

An orginal Gar Wood boat; it can be yours for a smidge over $61,000 USD!:

French Art Deco, a Panhard Dynamique from 1939:

Nicely matched pair on the parking lot for classic cars:

An Original 'Kei' car, this 1969 Subaru 360 Deluxe:

1938 Bugatti T57/64:

Also 'just' on the parking lot, this well-used 1931 Blower Bentley:

Now that Bentley is what owning a Classic car should be about, driven on the road and kept 'alive', not locked away in a jewel box!
    Lovely Bugatti and SS 'Jaguar' fast backs Ferry, and I agree with you re the period style Greyhound, very 1950s.
    Vingale was going through a strange period, the obvious American 'Styling' influence rather spoiled his work at the time.
    The #6 Austin Seven strikes a chord with me as I have a few old (very old!) friends who race them, one fitted with blower that is physically larger than the engine!!!
    One thing about #6, there will be little or no understeer with front tyres like that.
    I can almost smell the scent of Castrol R in the air.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Now that Bentley is what owning a Classic car should be about, driven on the road and kept 'alive', not locked away in a jewel box!

The #6 Austin Seven strikes a chord with me as I have a few old (very old!) friends who race them, one fitted with blower that is physically larger than the engine!!!

I can almost smell the scent of Castrol R in the air.
    During my visits to this event I learned that there are two kinds of classic car owner; those who want to polish and show off, and those who want to preserve but still use it what it was made for. I very much prefer the second group.

where was this?...if i have "money" that scenicruser would be mine..ive wanted one to restore since childhood,there used to be several in my area which had been converted to motorhomes..and as far as i know..three of the four i knew of..were scrapped like old firewood.

also,if you or anyone else here likes those wooden boats..come to the concour's at lake tahoe..litterally hundreds of wooden boats all in one place...its awesome...also i know the son inlaw of the man who owned Stephens boats,for the most part they built large cabin cruiser type yachts,they did have some small runabouts too..one of the boats richard still owns is in the Hagen museum in stockton california.last time i was down at the marina,i was taking my rv there for up to three weeks at a time...richard went to the museum and took it out (guess rich people can do what they want..lol.) and we joyrided all over the san Joaquin delta..

Members who have read this thread: 0