Solomon Islands mega-action by Talon! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Solomon Islands mega-action by Talon!

Don't short change yourself Talon. I'm still loving the last set for the Korean War. I had to do a fresh install for it but I finally got them going. I messed up my old one when I added SWs scenery then got everything confused while trying to put it back. Now I have 2 installs for Korea.

I haven't flown any of the PTO campaigns, YET. I do plan on it. I'm just juggling to many irons right now.

So how about doing some WWI since your burned out on the PTO.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Good afternoon,

It's nice to see you again, Mr. Sarcastic. Say, have you seen Talon anywhere?

Why don't you just put a pair of horns on my head and give me a pitchfork, buddy!
    If I put horns on your head you'd need the pitchfork so you can stand and not topple over.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    Don't short change yourself Talon. I'm still loving the last set for the Korean War. I had to do a fresh install for it but I finally got them going. I messed up my old one when I added SWs scenery then got everything confused while trying to put it back. Now I have 2 installs for Korea.

I haven't flown any of the PTO campaigns, YET. I do plan on it. I'm just juggling to many irons right now.

So how about doing some WWI since your burned out on the PTO.
    Not burned out on the PTO,there's just nothing left I want to do

You mean like these pics?

Why don't you get back to your WW1 missions?You work on everything else but that.Same with your Korean Missions.

BTW was just a joke with Rami and he knows it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Voss 002.jpg   Voss 003.jpg   vOSS 007.jpg  

oh I know. You guys like the banter.

Yes I should get back to them. I'm in a learning stage with all the Gmax work that I've been doing. So its not wasted time. I have two versions of my Bell tents finished. I'm working on a few others. Then I'm getting back into the scenery.

Korea is still in the back of my mind. Again I'm learning alot. Plus you and Shadow Wolf have done alot to enhance Korea. Some of the scenery I've been working on for other project may end up in that as well.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

I think that's enough CFS2 and time to enjoy my vacation a little more.In other words I'm taking more shore leave and have some fun.No ,ore Skype for awhile and less internet except to check E-mail.

Takecare everyone and enjoy life.

Yeah have some fun. Send pictures.

Thank YouTalon.

I like how you have different planess taking off from the same runway.You'd be on the runway in a P-40 and the flight in front of you is Corsairs or P-38s.Another nice touch is having all the flights taking off from multiple runway and join up at the next waypoint.Makes it much more realistic I think.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation.After this package you earned it.

TheBookie

Quote Originally Posted by TheBookie View Post
    Thank YouTalon.

I like how you have different planess taking off from the same runway.You'd be on the runway in a P-40 and the flight in front of you is Corsairs or P-38s.Another nice touch is having all the flights taking off from multiple runway and join up at the next waypoint.Makes it much more realistic I think.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation.After this package you earned it.

TheBookie
    I totally agree with TheBookie! I noticed that from the very start. Very, very nice touch!

I've decided to continue the P-40 and Corsair parts of the campaigns in the Fall.I like flying the P-40 and Corsair.The P-40 that will be used is the M model.Corsair Squadrons will be VMF-124,VMF=213 and VFM-215.

Thanks

Hi Talon,
    100 missions is a lot of work. I have only had time to try out a couple of them so far but they are of the usually high standard. Very many thanks for all of your efforts, they are well appreciated.
    Dick.

48.800 N, 118.612 W. North Central Washington State, USA

Lovely!

I like the SDB missions. It's nice to fly a precision bomb strike for a change, and I've always loved the Slow But Deadly.

I've flown many of Talon's missions/campaigns and think he is a Master builder.His Pearl missions are outstanding.He gives us History Lessons in the Pacific.

48.800 N, 118.612 W. North Central Washington State, USA

Talon the Historian

Talon's work is so intricate and detailed you live the mission. I vaguely remeber a documentary program on TV waayyy back when called "You Are There!". That's the way Talon's missions are... you are there.

Totally agree

Yep, can only agree. Talons missions are historically masterpieces. I am still trying to get through his last effort (being killed several times already). Yet, WW1 missions and campaigns are indeed missed, så if you can get away from dreaming on your sailtour, please think of all us WW-1 fans. Do enjoy your trip, you really deserve it - and I envoi you. Please send us Pictures.
    Finn

I think he is waiting for me to get the lead out and get the scenery finished. I've only been working on it for four years.

Fiinn

.I have no interest in doing WW1 missions. Those pics are over 10 years old.

Blood_Hawk.,

WW1 is your baby and not mine.

I do fly WW1 but not in CFS2.CFS3/OFF is what I fly.It was made especially for WW1 with great scenery and better planes for that time period.

I've been AWOL for well over a month now. I've been in Alaska, Yukon Territory, Wyoming, California and Hawaii and have had zero time to even check in. Back to Hawaii again Monday morning for more work, so no letup yet in sight. But I wanted to pop in to say thanks Al. At some point I'll get a chance to load the campaigns up and fly them and I'm looking forward to it.

Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

muy buena campaña

Hola amigo Talon ,muchas gracias por esta campaña mega-action ,tiene muy buena pinta .

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano
    Aloha Talon!

Thank you so much for this late effort of yours! Happy sailing!

Cheers!
    KH

My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

pensar en los novatos

Hola amigo Talon y demas uploaders ,siempre pasa lo mismo .Haceis una campañas,misiones etc con un monton de esfuerzo y de tiempo para que despues de todo solo puedan jugar los de siempre , y dereis ¿por que? muy facil no todos los usuarios somos expertos en cfs2 y su instalacion.
    Ya es un problema tener que andar bajando diferentes partes de distintas webs , por lo menos poner los links y explicar su instalacion.Sino todo vuestro trabajo y esfuerzo no lo veran mas que los de siempre y es una verdadera pena .
    Un saludo y espero que penseis un poco en los novatos ,muchas gracias.

Blog Entries

Just in case....

At the risk of being accused of meddling... but in a spirit to facilitate communication... I am accurately translating the Spanish text... so non speakers get the exact message written by our friend Tiopuerco... and it is not misinterpreted by any "thin skinned" folks....

"Hello my friends Talon and other uploaders... it is always the same thing... You create campaigns, missions, etc. spending a lot of time and effort... and at the end of the day, the only folks who can play are the usual people (experts...my edit) You might ask yourselves... Why? It is very simple, not all of us users possess expertise in CFS2 and its installation..
    It is enough of a chore to have to download different parts from different web sites... The least that could be done is to show the pertinent links and their installation. Otherwise, all your work and effort will only be seen by the usual folks... the experts... which is a real pity...
    A warm greeting in the hope that you think a bit about the "newbies"... Many thanks..."

USMC Dauntless Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    10 missions starting in August 1942 and ending Becember 1942.You will be flying 7 of the missions.In 3 missions you will be flying either an SBD or an Avneger,all others you will be flying the SBD.

I worked on this Campaign while doing my USMC Aces Camapaign so you will need that also for them to work.Since UT did new textures for USMC SBDs it inspired me to use them and finish the camapign ( I had only 1 mission left to do ).The missions are Historical.

If you want this campaign post in this thread and I will contact you and send it to you.
    I would like a copy of this Campaign, Thank you.
    JP

I am in awe

I am always in awe of the details and specifics of these campaigns that Talon, Rami, et. al. create. The research that has to go into these to get those little details correct is impressive. Now throw in the scenery and the different aircraft and you just have to go "Wow". These missions and campaigns should be included as a "history primer" for anybody who wishes to study the Air War in WWII. Thank you for all your efforts that have given us so many hundreds of hours of history lessons and entertainment.

DvlHownd

I doubt if I could do 78 missions in 10 years! I am way behind the curve. Just finished installing Talon's complete AVG and LOVE IT! More to go. Hope this one will be available in the library sometime. If not, Talon has published plenty of others that I have in my sights to install.

Members who have read this thread: 4