Solomon Islands mega-action by Talon! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Solomon Islands mega-action by Talon!

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Talon,

Don't discount the role of people being away for the summer on holiday, although there is considerable truth there. The pictures look very nice...I still can't believe you did 78 missions in ten days.
    It's now 90 missions in12 days for a total of 100,I slowed down.I also did the AVG Complete of 120 missions and 3 campaigns in less than a momth.

I took into account of the Holiday and also know things slow down in the summer.But this this happens almost all year.As of now 143 views which 53 are members and only 3 posting.That shows that only 3 have interest in my book.

Hi Talon,
    great shots!!congrats. I agree with you about the new generation, personally, i'm attempting to improve my skills in several Cfs2 fields, but, when i upload anything, rarely i can find on the forum comments or suggestions, except for the usual aficionados,
    Keep up the great work,
    Gius

Icon9

for Talon: sorry i didn't had the time to try your AVG campaign, but i'm seberely engaged in finding a job and in Italy we have a bad situation...
    However i have teather and scenery installed and, when i'll ready i'll let you know about my impressions,
    Sorry,
    Gius

Quote Originally Posted by gius View Post
    for Talon: sorry i didn't had the time to try your AVG campaign, but i'm seberely engaged in finding a job and in Italy we have a bad situation...
    However i have teather and scenery installed and, when i'll ready i'll let you know about my impressions,
    Sorry,
    Gius
    Guis,

Nothing to apologize for,the work sitituation is bad everywhere and putting food on the table and keeping a roof over your head is more important.I also know you have shown interest in what I do.

I am glad that I am not the only one that likes the PTO. Once I get thoes Guadalcanal missions up I am going to try out your missions.What people don`t understand is that it takes alot of time to do historic missions. You have to find the info and then within the limits of the sim build thoes missions. You are the only one that I know of that is building PTO missions so don`t stop. As soon as I can get a pc that works i will be right behind you.
    BOB EDWARDS

You have to understand the CFS2 AI inorder to command them.

Why walk when you can ride

It is not what CFS2 is doing but what it looks like it is doing that counts

Quote Originally Posted by bobhegf View Post
    I am glad that I am not the only one that likes the PTO. Once I get thoes Guadalcanal missions up I am going to try out your missions.What people don`t understand is that it takes alot of time to do historic missions. You have to find the info and then within the limits of the sim build thoes missions. You are the only one that I know of that is building PTO missions so don`t stop. As soon as I can get a pc that works i will be right behind you.
    Actually Bob I've done everything I wanted to do in the PTO.There is nothing else that really interests me.

Devil Dog is working on an Okinawa Campaign from the British side that sounds interesting.

Years ago it was alot harder to find info on the internet for missions but now you can find just about anything you need.

Nice Pics Talon and great work. You are one of the best mappers/Modders in CFS 2. Great respect for your Campaigns!

I have confessed before that I am a user, but I always try to express appreciation for those who have the talent and time to do ALL the things this sim offers--A/C, skins, missions, campaigns, scenery,etc, etc, I have pointed out to my family and friends when in a mission to look at the detail of all they can see and the accuracy of the parts involved. I have been dealing with radiation treatments for the past two months and "out of Dodge" right now, but I have a whole list of things to get back into soon. I might even try to build a mission myself someday. I have been interested in the A-36 use in Sicily and Italy .
    Thanks you guys

Quote Originally Posted by highpockets View Post
    I have confessed before that I am a user, but I always try to express appreciation for those who have the talent and time to do ALL the things this sim offers--A/C, skins, missions, campaigns, scenery,etc, etc, I have pointed out to my family and friends when in a mission to look at the detail of all they can see and the accuracy of the parts involved. I have been dealing with radiation treatments for the past two months and "out of Dodge" right now, but I have a whole list of things to get back into soon. I might even try to build a mission myself someday. I have been interested in the A-36 use in Sicily and Italy .
    Thanks you guys
    Sorry to hear about the radiation treatments.Hope yoou will be back in the saddle soon.

I also know you are very active in the forums and many times have said thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by highpockets View Post
    Thanks you guys
    highpockets,
    My wife went through chemotherapy our first year here in Germany. (Thank you Germany for having OUTSTANDING healthcare.) I understand the fatigue that goes with it. Take care of yourself. Do what is necessary for you to keep a positive attitude toward the treatments, your loved ones, and yourself. Do some hobby stuff as you desire and only push yourself as much as you need for recovery. We all understand and as we age, we all understand even more.
    DDog
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Thanks guys for your concerns. I am doing just fine. Radiation is not near the debilitatior that chemo can be. I am just taking a break to Oklahoma for some R & R with my wife visiting my sis. I have my CFS devoted XP desktop yearning for my return home.

Solomons 1943.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Campaigns Add-Ons

Description: There are 4 campaigns in this package and a total of 100 missions.They cover the USA march up the Solomon Islands. It's also an add on to my USMC Aces so you need it for these to work.

Campaigns

44th FS 18th FG - This is a Historical P-40 Campaign flying from Guadalcanal. 33 Missions.

Solomons P-38-Historical campaign flying the P-38. 26 missions.

USMC 43-Historical missions flying the Wildcat and Corsair. 29 missions.

USMC 43 SBD - Historical missions flying a SBD Dauntless. 12 missions.

Hope you enjoy,

Talon

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Solomons 1943.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Well done Talon, thanks for the download. Always happy to have SE Pacific based missions - particularly those crafted by master mission makers.

Talon,

Thanks for all your hard work and time spent on this. I'm in the middle of building a dedicated ETO for cfs2 but will give it a try soon.

msfossey

Thank you Talon! Really appreciate it!

Hello Talon!
    Thank you for these campaigns!

Well Done!

Great new Pacific action Talon. Looks like you've been a busy man while at sea. Many thanks!

48.800 N, 118.612 W. North Central Washington State, USA
    Fabulous! I can't wait to see what you do next.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayland View Post
    Fabulous! I can't wait to see what you do next.
    Don't hold your nreath,I only finished up what I started and commited to last year.There is nothing in the PTO left that interests me.

Maybe someday Bobhegf will finish his Guadalcanal missions without a HD crash.

I'll rush to download it - and I hardly finished your bomber campaign before you launch this mega-pack. You write the missions faster than I can fly them.
    THANK YOU great one.
    Finn

Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    ...Maybe someday Bobhegf will finish his Guadalcanal missions without a HD crash.

Sorry Bob, but that's funny right there, for those of us who have been around this forum for the past six or seven years. Your computer gremlins just seem to hate Guadalcanal. Apparently they take the nickname "Island of Death" literally.

Hey Al, thanks for the gift. Working two jobs these days doesn't give me much time for the action. It may take forever and a day to get through the entire package

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post
    Sorry Bob, but that's funny right there, for those of us who have been around this forum for the past six or seven years. Your computer gremlins just seem to hate Guadalcanal. Apparently they take the nickname "Island of Death" literally.

Hey Al, thanks for the gift. Working two jobs these days doesn't give me much time for the action. It may take forever and a day to get through the entire package
    He originally started it not to long after we started PHP2 which was in 2003.

No prblems Bearcat.Like I said in the E-mail " When you get to it".You've always been one of my main supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by SPman View Post
    Well done Talon, thanks for the download. Always happy to have SE Pacific based missions - particularly those crafted by master mission makers.
    SPman,

I think you have me confused with Rami. He is the Master and Guru of Mission builders. I'm just a novice compared to him. At least in his mind that is.

Icon28 Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    SPman,

I think you have me confused with Rami. He is the Master and Guru of Mission builders. I'm just a novice compared to him. At least in his mind that is.
    Good afternoon,

It's nice to see you again, Mr. Sarcastic. Say, have you seen Talon anywhere?

Why don't you just put a pair of horns on my head and give me a pitchfork, buddy!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Members who have read this thread: 4