JF Chipmunk Update Available - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: JF Chipmunk Update Available

Repaint Request

If it is not too much trouble, could some proficient and prolific repainter please upload a polished aluminum, with no markings, repaint for this wonderful little aircraft? I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I enjoy personalizing my aircraft with some modifications to existing paints, but I just don't have the skills, time or patience to do the work I see uploaded for some of my favorites. I'd really like to have an all aluminum repaint as a base to add a few minor touches.

Thanks

What has the update changed?

Quote Originally Posted by binarkansas View Post
    I'd really like to have an all aluminum repaint as a base to add a few minor touches.
    The big problem with that is the Chipmunk wasn't an all aluminum aircraft! The control surfaces and rear sections of the main wings were fabric covered.
    Larry

Peter: where are you uploading your repaints, please?
    Thank you - I have them now. The first of many, no doubt.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Quote Originally Posted by griphos View Post
    What has the update changed?
    Off the top of my head, the engine cowling has been rebuilt, the wind sound removed and that for the stall warner as well. The tail wheel repositioned in its correct position, the aeroplane now swings the correct way on take off and the flight model amended, although personally feel this could be further tweaked.

Some of the textures have also been amended to show correct positioning of military and civilian serials and registrations although I note that the in house JustFlight example still doesn't have the British civilian registration under the port wing.

Probably a lot more items but at work at the moment (on my break!) and not sat infront of my sim PC!

Cheers,

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    The big problem with that is the Chipmunk wasn't an all aluminum aircraft! The control surfaces and rear sections of the main wings were fabric covered.
    I'm sorry my thoughts were not clear. I just assumed my request implied the fabric areas would be simulated as being painted with aluminum dope. I was just thinking how beautiful the airframe is on G-AKDN. And I would like to see that aircraft without the color paint on it.

Thanks for the input.

There are many improvements in the upgrade but perhaps the most significant is the one which affects repainters. In the uprade pack, the fuselage, tail and engine cover are all on one tile. The airframe basically got a total remap so the old paintkit will NOT work with the new upgrade. A second updated paintkit is provided.Painters will find this a lot easier to use.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    There are many improvements in the upgrade but perhaps the most significant is the one which affects repainters. In the uprade pack, the fuselage, tail and engine cover are all on one tile. The airframe basically got a total remap so the old paintkit will NOT work with the new upgrade. A second updated paintkit is provided.Painters will find this a lot easier to use.

Many thanks for the upgrade and I can confirm that the new paintkit is much easier to use! I will be gradually working my way through the paints that I did for the Rick Piper version and also that I will not be doing any aluminium-only paints! Two reasons : one, I am not in John Terrell's league when it comes to aluminium rendition and two, most of the silver schemes were painted with silver aluminium dope overall. I hope other painters will get cracking on this one - there are so many schemes to cover and the model deserves it!
    My next paint will be the aircraft operated by the Classic Air Force, based at Newquay, Cornwall.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3139988.jpg  

Just wanted to say a big thank-you to Peter for this latest release of the LSF skins, they're terrific

Quote Originally Posted by KevinJH View Post
    Just wanted to say a big thank-you to Peter for this latest release of the LSF skins, they're terrific
    Cheers, Kevin. I intend to do a similar release of four College Of Air Training, Hamble aircraft eventually.

Charter Member 2012
    WK608 of the Royal Navy's Historic Flight

Just had a little flight with Peter Watkins' latest repaint - the Classic Air Force's Chipmunk APLO. Matt Wynn kindly did a repaint of this for Rick's version, so now we have two on the in-house simulator!

What with our new scenery and the generosity of people here - Rick, Dave Garwood and Rob Richardson, we hope that what has been created with the thanks of local companies, Saitek and Chillblast, is something that is educational, but fun at the same time. We want people to go away having learnt something about aviation and treating the software not as a game, but as a learning tool to further their interest. What is interesting is that the majority of our virtual pilots, have never seen Horizon scenery or know of FSX or TrackIR. But then you get the kids that know it all and fly it from the outside view as per 'Afterburner'. This we try to make them not do, as then the whole experience is a complete waste of time for them and ourselves.

The Carrier has been supplied by those nice people at FlyingStations and represents HMS Illustrious. In 1946, an Auster Autocrat of Aeroplane Magazine was the first civilian aircraft to land on a Royal Navy Carrier and so we have Dave's painted up as G-AERO (again by Matt Wynn) and this sits two miles off Watergate Bay. As a challenge we have a short scenario where the 'pilot' attempts to land the Auster on the deck. Only three people have managed it so far. Something a little different, but then historic and hopefully accurate.

Best wishes,

Martin

The little green car in one of the screenshots is a Toyota Wii, a sort of cross between a Nissan Micra and a 2CV. Was installed as is owned by someone initially on the simulator project. Modelled by Dave Molyneaux.

College Of Air Training, Hamble. Mid 60s.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4967118.jpg  

Charter Member 2012

NZ-CPY

Keep on meaning to grab the new paints, they are looking good.

I thought that this Chippy would make a good companion for the two Civil Aviation Flying Unit DH125's I painted earlier.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4622387.jpg  

A drop of the Irish stuff!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 17151951.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by bruce448 View Post

NZ-CPY
    Is this available anywhere? It's very nice.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Charter Member 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Killbilly View Post
    Is this available anywhere? It's very nice.

Both The RNHF http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=3&id=18662 and ZK-CPY http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=3&id=18664 have been sent to the library once approved.
    Last edited by bruce448; July 13th, 2014 at 09:31.

Angry Bloody animations

Anyone else having trouble with the commands for opening the cowling (SHIFT+E+2) and removing the pilots/tie-down (SHIFT+E+3)? It works perfectly on other planes, except this one. I have tried loading a default plane first but that doesn't seem to work. Even reassigning a different key doesn't work (even if it does work with all other planes). Could this be the gauges flooding the keystrokes?
    TFZ-034
    "I fought the law and the law won ..."

Anyone else having trouble with the commands for opening the cowling (SHIFT+E+2) and removing the pilots/tie-down (SHIFT+E+3)?
    Yes. They seem only to work if the engine is running, and when they do work the sounds are the same as for the cockpit opening and closing. I also had a problem with the GPS gauge, but I have cured that.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Quote Originally Posted by bruce448 View Post
    Both The RNHF http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=3&id=18662 and ZK-CPY http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=3&id=18664 have been sent to the library once approved.
    Thanks very much!
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    Yes. They seem only to work if the engine is running, and when they do work the sounds are the same as for the cockpit opening and closing. I also had a problem with the GPS gauge, but I have cured that.
    Thanks for the quick reply, dhasdell. Can confirm the animations work with engine running.
    TFZ-034
    "I fought the law and the law won ..."

I thought that this Chippy would make a good companion for the two Civil Aviation Flying Unit DH125's I painted earlier.
    Hi
    Will you be uploading G-ANWB at anytime?

Members who have read this thread: 6