Jordan Moore helo rotor problem

Thread: Jordan Moore helo rotor problem

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries

Jordan Moore helo rotor problem

I've just noticed that my Jordan Moore UH-1s lose their main and tail rotors when the engine is started - this applies to UH-1D and UH-1H models. All I get is a rotor shaft, without blades or rotor head, sticking straight up out of the engine/trans housing on top. Has anyone had a similar problem?

Missing texture file? Sometimes you can copy the relevant file from another bird and it works. I can't check because my machine is boxed up for awhile during house renovations.
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I've tried that with other JM UH-1s, but no soap. I also tried re-downloading the offending texture but still get the same effect when it's installed and run. Time now to try another main rotor/tail rotor texture swap from another maker and see if that does the trick.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Well, I've tried everything I can think of to fix this problem, including changing the "air" file out for an identical helicopter that works perfectly. Only the texture is different.

Everything is perfect, both rotors show until the "ctrl-shift-F4" or "start" switch is activated on the inst panel, then both rotors and heads instantly disappear.

Does anyone know how to contact Mr. Moore, if he's still around?

Just a thought - which version of Jordan's Huey are you using? He did one for FS2002 and then an updated version for FS9, and it rather sounds as though you may have the earlier version; vanishing props, rotors etc was a serious frustration when I switched from the older sim, lost some old 'friends' at that point. The newer version is available here, maybe give it a try?
    Andy

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Andy, I'm beginning to think along the same lines, although this thing actually worked in FS9 at one time.

I've visited the link you kindly provided and have downloaded the 2004 version. I may already have it installed, so I'll now do some checks for that.

I also posted this in Jordan's special forum at Hovercontrol, so am waiting to see what he comes back with. I suspect it will be as you said.

Members who have read this thread: 1