CFS2 Aces missions

Thread: CFS2 Aces missions

CFS2 Aces missions

In the original game they had Aces mission which will probably flew.They of Medal of Honor missions on the USA side.One I think they should have done was of Lt.James E Swett while he was at Guadalcanal.They even had on History Channel years ago.

On April 7,1943 he and his 4 plane section landed to refuel after their patrol when word came of Japanese planes were sighted coming down the "Slot".His section tookoff and were vectored to Tulagi Harbor.When they got they he heard over the radio "There's a million of them".In reality Adm.Yamamoto ordered a strke force of 400 IJA and IJN planes to attack.A convoy by the Russell Islands and the ships in Tulagi Harbor were the main targets.

Climbing to 17000ft Swett section and other Wildcats spotted the Vals and Zeros coming in.Some of the fighter took on the Zeros,not by choice, and Swett went after the Vals shooting down 7 with 1 probable.He was an Ace in his first combat mission and the first USMC pilot to shoot down 7 planes in 1 mission.His plane was damage and he had to ditch but survived.

Lt.Swett was awarded the Medal of Honor for this mission.He later flew a Corsair from USS Bunker Hill off Okinawa against Kamikaze attacks and getting 8.5 victories for a total of 15.5.

I just had to recreate this mission.Thanks to UT I had the right skin for his plane.

Greg "Pappy"Boyington is the one Corsair pilot in the Solomons you hear most about being awarded the MoH but there were more in the Solomons Campaign that received that Honor also.

WOW

Sounds like a great mission - and I didnīt even know about it. Though I'm still trying to survive your fantastic bomber missions, I hope you'll share this mission with us lesser beings.
    Finn

muy buena

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled Logo.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	129.3 KB 
ID:	9760

Hola amigo Talon si creas la mision del Lt.James E Swett yo hago el video , un saludo.

Finn,

It's part on a campaign I started over a year ago for the Solomons-USMC 43..It has never been completed.

I also started the 44th FS 18th FG which is a P-40 campaign from Guadalcanal at the same time.95% completes.

Plus a P-38 campaign flying from Guadalcanal.Also not completed.

Not sure if they will be finished.

I now do missions for fun and my own enjoyment.What I posted maybe someone else can do for everyone.

Members who have read this thread: 3