best Auburn CA (KAUN) freeware

Thread: best Auburn CA (KAUN) freeware

best Auburn CA (KAUN) freeware

Just whipping my Orbx Northern California scenery into shape. Maybe this is a question for Daveroo but which KAUN freeware scenery is the best? I see one from Phillip Coyle from 2008 and one from Smith Graphics 2009. Are there any others I should consider??

i didnt even know those two existed..lol...where can i find those?...

Charter Member 09
    I'd be interested in Auburn myself. I used to call at Laser Physics that was at that airport. It was full of air tankers flying in and out, fighting fires. There was only one bar in the city, filled with Cowboys. If you ask for a Martini, they give you a jelly glass and a bottle of Vodka, and tell you, "Help yerself"
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

i did some looking around...what i found isnt as good as the FTX Orbx northern california package.in the ftx orbx scenery they have the small hanger which houses old man Clarks stearman ,rather than just lumping it into the nearby modern hangers..it shows as a small building on its own..like it is rl...

Quote Originally Posted by Helldiver View Post
    I'd be interested in Auburn myself. I used to call at Laser Physics that was at that airport. It was full of air tankers flying in and out, fighting fires. There was only one bar in the city, filled with Cowboys. If you ask for a Martini, they give you a jelly glass and a bottle of Vodka, and tell you, "Help yerself"
    Helldiver..are you mixing Auburn up with the Nevada county airport?...Auburn doesnt have an Airattack base..its at nevada county which is approx 30 miles north,BUT that said..just outside of the auburn airport property was a bar called Casadobie,dont think thats the spelling,but its how its said,they allowed the cowboys to ride their horses INTO the bar ,,id have thought the place woulda stunk terribly..but my dad has told me that most guys didnt notice the smell..lol....it was gone by the time i turned 21...the auburn airport is owned by the city of auburn,but its approx 3 miles from the city limits proper.Old Town Auburn had a couple of cool bars back then,the Shanghai (which was an important part of my life)and the CalClub,which was a biker bar.

Charter Member 09
    I'm talking about Auburn, California, about 40 odd years ago. I wouldn't doubt that the Cowboys wore their horses in there. I was the only one in there with a suit and a tie. They took me for being an undertaker.
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

Quote Originally Posted by Helldiver View Post
    I'm talking about Auburn, California, about 40 odd years ago. I wouldn't doubt that the Cowboys wore their horses in there. I was the only one in there with a suit and a tie. They took me for being an undertaker.
    i dont doubt that one bit,i had asked my dad what the name of the place was as i couldnt remember...he got to telling me stories...99% of i can not share here.then tonight he told me he ran into one of our old fire captains ( my dad was in the local FD as well)and dad went into his room to visit a bit,and he told bill i was asking about the casadobie...dad said he and bill sat there laughing for 45 minutes about the "old days" in the bar.

I made some photoscenery, but it lacks seasonal variations, night textures, and annotated autogen. It is, however, color corrected, blended, and water masked. I can upload it as is if anyone's interested.

Members who have read this thread: 3