Decisions....decisions......new Sim PC or stick time!

Thread: Decisions....decisions......new Sim PC or stick time!

Decisions....decisions......new Sim PC or stick time!

and Stick time won, I'm afraid. For the cost of a new sim PC, spent an enjoyable afternoon having two flights in an ex-US Navy SNJ-5. After American service it later saw service with the Japanese and is believed to be the sole surviving JASDF
    T-6.

For further details have a look at:

http://www.thechilternclassicflight.com/

Martin

AWESOME.....i must say...the middle photo scared me at first.........naw..you look very happy to be where you are at that moment...and im happy to see your smiling face there...awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    AWESOME.....i must say...the middle photo scared me at first.........naw..you look very happy to be where you are at that moment...and im happy to see your smiling face there...awesome.
    I should told people who had a nervous disposition to look away when viewing the middle photo.....too late now!

Cheers,

Martin

There's nothing like flying in vintage aircraft!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by T6flyer View Post
    I should told people who had a nervous disposition to look away when viewing the middle photo.....too late now!

Cheers,

Martin
    Front seat view is much better Martin....

Attachment 9666

/\ Me!

ttfn

Pete

Many thanks, but it's only there in the States that you can fly from the front seat! Maybe one day as the SNJ-6 or T-6F is my favourite sub model.

i have a lot of time in various T-6 models and that one yesterday was my 11th, with two more to fly this Summer. Seem to be going back more to the real thing now rather than the sim. That hour cost me £650 and I still think it was worth it.

Only time have flown from the front seat is when someone was being checked out to fly Spitfires as the back seat has the same amount of view or not!

Happy Landings,

Martin

You just look...too Happy. I tried doing a T-6 flight last year and it never happen. Looks like I need to go do it at 700 US, it seems like a steal.
    Curt

T-6s for me seem to be a bit like busses for me - nothing for 13 years and then get two within a month! Today am at Duxford to fly what will be my 12th. This time an ex-Italian Air Force Harvard Mk.4. Have another lined up later in the year that of course will take me to 13. Not a good number for some, so perhaps need to hunt for something that will make the total an even number. After that I retire and so does my bank account!

Cheers,

Martin

Nothing beats the real thing!

Members who have read this thread: 0