SimWorks Studios F-4B Phantom II - Page 23
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1315161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: SimWorks Studios F-4B Phantom II

Repaint uploaded - USAF SEA Camo F-4C

I just uploaded a texture set for the SWS F-4B in the markings of USAF F-4C-23-MC s/n 64-0752 of the 480th Tactical Fighter Squadron, 35th Tactical Fighter Wing, based at Da Nang Air Base , Republic of South Vietnam, circa 1966.
    It's in FSX Add-Ons/FSX Skins/FSX Military skins - Vietnam
    File name is F-4C-23-MC_64-0752.zip

StuB

Just uploaded the texture set for F-4C-21-MC s/n 63-7708 ("Half Fast") of the 559th Tactical Fighter Squadron, 12th Tactical Fighter Wing, based at Cam Ranh Air Base, Republic of South Vietnam, circa 1969.
    File name is F-4C-21-MC_63-7708.zip

Just uploaded the texture set for F-4C-22-MC s/n 64-0676 of the 391st Tactical Fighter Squadron, 12th Tactical Fighter Wing based out of Cam Ranh Air Base, Republic of South Vietnam, circa 1966.
    File name is F-4C-22-MC_64-0676.zip

awstub,
    I downloaded your first camo repaint earlier. Very nice work!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Stu,

Downloaded and installed the USAF 0676 paint.. nice job One thing though.. the thumbnail didn't show in FSX. I've checked all the other APR-24 texture folders and they have a thumbnail (as do the texture folders in the F4B PhantomII folder) so I dropped a copy of the thumbnail in the 0676 folder in APR-24 and now it shows in 'Select Aircraft'

ATB
    DaveB

Thanks Stu

your repaints are Phantastic... and having done the one below I can appreciate how much work you put into them. Thanks for your help and contribution to my 57_FIS paint. Ill send it to you after a bit more tweaking and you can upload it.

Matt

Wow Matt, that's looking very, very nice ...especially knowing how much of a hassle you've had to go through with it so far.
    I can't wait to see the finished airplane!

Stu

QUOTE=MDIvey;1081694]Thanks Stu

your repaints are Phantastic... and having done the one below I can appreciate how much work you put into them. Thanks for your help and contribution to my 57_FIS paint. Ill send it to you after a bit more tweaking and you can upload it.

Matt

[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post
    Wow Matt, that's looking very, very nice ...especially knowing how much of a hassle you've had to go through with it so far.
    I can't wait to see the finished airplane!

Stu

QUOTE=MDIvey;1081694]Thanks Stu

Matt
    [/QUOTE]

Awstub,

Nice paints! Do you take requests? If so, I have one.....181st TFG Indiana ANG! NC

Thanks for bringing this to attention, Dave. The texture folders within F-4B Phantom II APR-24 should all have two things......the texture.cfg file and the thumbnail.jpg file.

Anyone with a missing thumbnail can just copy the one found within the F-4B Phantom II\Texture.F-4C-22-MC_64-0676 folder to the same folder that is found within the F-4B Phantom II APR-24 folder ( i.e. Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\F-4B Phantom II APR-24\Texture.F-4C-23-MC_64-0752 ).
    This method should work for any other Phantoms that I missed.

Unfortunately I had many things going on at once while trying to put together the uploads that I have been promising and I let a few details slip through the cracks.

I am going to upload an update shortly for F-4C-23-MC_64-0752 that includes some textures that I had forgotten to change before packing up and kicking it out the door. I'm also going to be uploading a couple of F-4D's.

Thanks again,

Stu

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Hi Stu,

Downloaded and installed the USAF 0676 paint.. nice job One thing though.. the thumbnail didn't show in FSX. I've checked all the other APR-24 texture folders and they have a thumbnail (as do the texture folders in the F4B PhantomII folder) so I dropped a copy of the thumbnail in the 0676 folder in APR-24 and now it shows in 'Select Aircraft'

ATB
    DaveB

Thanks Navy Chief.

Unfortunately, I'm very busy right now working on a Southeast Asia multi-player scenario which requires testing various components and creating a bunch of repaints.

That being said, once I'm caught up with things, I'll definitely be willing to try accommodating requests.

Now, I'm not trying to throw him under the bus or anything but MDIvey is pretty darn capable too.... so if you'd like to see it sooner rather than later, you might want to ask Matt if he's willing to give it a go.

Stu

Awstub,

Nice paints! Do you take requests? If so, I have one.....181st TFG Indiana ANG! NC

Just uploaded the texture set for F-4D-33-MC s/n 66-8820 with the 489th Tactical Fighter Squadron, 366th Tactical Fighter Wing based out of Da Nang Air Base, Republic of South Vietnam, circa 1969.
    File name is F-4D-33-MC_66-8820.zip

I'd like to help... but I'm about to start work on textures for the FSX Brewster Buffalo that Gordon Maddison and I have created, and I also do some beta testing for some of the payware developers so I need to be careful not to spread myself to thin. I particularly wanted this paint scheme that's why I was prepared to spend some time (quite a lot as it turned out) on it. I'm not sure how widespread the use of this style of Camo was (whether it is USAFE or just an Icelandic thing), but I'm certainly happy to share it with others who want It but the problem is mainly its size because of the 4096x format of the textures. Anyway If Alex wants it to redistribute that's ok by me as long as Stu is ok with it... It includes the C panel lining and stencils which he created.

Matt

Just uploaded the texture set for F-4D-30-MC USAF s/n 66-7601 with the 435th Tactical Fighter Squadron "Eagle Squadron", 8th Tactical Fighter Wing based out of Ubon Royal Thai Air Force Base, circa 1968.
    File name is F-4D-30-MC_66-7601.zip

Really Liked that one since you first posted a picture of it.

the 57FIS paint is done I think so will try and get a copy to you tomorrow Stu

Matt

This is great. Having the SWS F4B/N and the MV J/S.. with these paints, I don't need to go to the expense of the MV F4E to enjoy some USAF Phantoms

ATB
    DaveB

That looks great, Matt! I'll get Alex to look it over to see if anything needs to be added/modified on it before it's uploaded.

Stu

Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post
    Really Liked that one since you first posted a picture of it.

the 57FIS paint is done I think so will try and get a copy to you tomorrow Stu

Matt

In Its natural environment... over Keflavik in the winter

Matt

I just uploaded a texture set for the SWS F-4B in the markings of USAF F-4C ... .
    Thanks,Stu,beautiful work! I particularly liked 64-0676 of the 391st TFS out of Cam Ranh Air Base circa 1966.

Wish there were a way to load USAF inboard wing pylons. The USN pylons were no longer used at Cam Rahn Bay in the '69 time frame.

Thanks again.

Gene K

I know. Maybe if enough people petition SimWorks Studios they will give us an F-4C/D.
    SIR_RIPPER is usually monitoring the forums here....

Quote Originally Posted by Gene K View Post
    Thanks,Stu,beautiful work! I particularly liked 64-0676 of the 391st TFS out of Cam Ranh Air Base circa 1966.

Wish there were a way to load USAF inboard wing pylons. The USN pylons were no longer used at Cam Rahn Bay in the '69 time frame.

Thanks again.

Gene K

Thanks Navy Chief.

Unfortunately, I'm very busy right now working on a Southeast Asia multi-player scenario which requires testing various components and creating a bunch of repaints.

That being said, once I'm caught up with things, I'll definitely be willing to try accommodating requests.

Now, I'm not trying to throw him under the bus or anything but MDIvey is pretty darn capable too.... so if you'd like to see it sooner rather than later, you might want to ask Matt if he's willing to give it a go.

Stu
    Thanks for your reply. No hurry at all! If it happens someday, then great! I was with them for a VERY short period in the late 70s, when they still had F-100s, and about to transition to Phantoms. NC

Stu... 57FIS paint is now in your drop box to check. If all ok then feel free to package and upload.

Matt

Just uploaded the texture set for F-4C-21-MC s/n 63-7708 ("Half Fast") of the 559th Tactical Fighter Squadron,Vietnam, circa 1969.
    Another beauty, Stu, thanks. Here are the tail markings:

Gene K
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F-463-770801800xweb.jpg  

Maybe if enough people petition SimWorks Studios they will give us an F-4C/D.
    Well, they are a long way there with the F-4B/N, at least graphically. However, systems, cockpits, ordnance, and inboard/outboard pylons, as well as tanks, would of course need modifications, among other things.

For me, simply give me the option to add USAF pylons in the F-4B payload manager, and I'd be even more overjoyed using your repaints, Stu!

Gene K

EDIT TO ADD: I just uploaded an update for F-4C-21-MC_63-7708 that has the correct textures for the tail and helmets and an updated thumbnail.

It looks like I somehow included the wrong texture for the tail.....since I used this very picture as a reference for it .....and I remember doing it.
    I'll put together an update for it tonight.

Thanks,

Stu

Quote Originally Posted by Gene K View Post
    Another beauty, Stu, thanks. Here are the tail markings:

Gene K
    Last edited by awstub; May 9th, 2017 at 13:28.

Simply with time out able to look at the Phantom again .. Jeeeeez when you really study it , I simply love to have one parked up my driveway just for the hell of it.

Members who have read this thread: 4