SimWorks Studios F-4B Phantom II - Page 14
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: SimWorks Studios F-4B Phantom II

We're still late in releasing this boat, but think it's worth the delay. We're adding animated crew (and yet untextured as you've noticed) mostly as ambience, but also guys that are of some use to the plane. Can't say more at the moment but to add insult to injury: https://youtu.be/QaOehSw1QmQ

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

That is simply looking so sweet , Great little video Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    That is simply looking so sweet , Great little video Alex
    +1

Well, that's another step up the immersion ladder! Wow!

Cees

Successfully trapping, too.

Dave

I gotta say that I made a mental note when this project was first announced, but it kind of slipped my mind as time went by. I'm catching up on the progress with this thread and what a great release this is going to be! The F-4B is my main interest but all the extras that will be included will really round it out. Kudos and huzzahs to all involved for getting this "smoke and thunder" F-4 on deck! It is good to read of the progress you are making.

It is definitely going to be in my hangar for a long time.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

There are animated crew all over the Midway.
    There's even supposed to be one throwing up, but I haven't found him yet.....

Dave

Looking absolutely gorgeous Alex!

Can't wait to put the Phantom down on this one!

Cees

Fun, fun, fun.....

Dave

Dave is just being cruel.......

Cees

Is the hook failing occasionally? I made three landings and somehow the cable wasn't grabbed, though nothing was wrong with the landing?

Cees

Yes it does. It is an FSX bug that evaded us. The hook fails to stop you at low weights. Add this to your aircraft.cfg until the next release:

[TailHook]
    tailhook_length = 6.792
    tailhook_position = -18.108,0,-3.082
    cable_force_adjust = 1.6

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator

Quote Originally Posted by SiR_RiPPER View Post
    Yes it does. It is an FSX bug that evaded us. The hook fails to stop you at low weights. Add this to your aircraft.cfg until the next release:

[TailHook]
    tailhook_length = 6.792
    cable_force_adjust = 1.6
    That's kinda ironic as most failed traps are due to being too heavy!! FSX still has some twists and turns
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by SiR_RiPPER View Post

[TailHook]
    tailhook_length = 6.792
    cable_force_adjust = 1.6
    You know what I'm doing the next ten minutes!

Cees

Yes! That helped!

Sorry, I am a known US NavAir freak and Phantom phanatic but I have stayed - somewhat deliberately and skeptically - under a rock while this has been gestating all this time. I have now some x '000 even more hours on the freeware AS F-4 in the meantime, but itchy to get into a quality payware native FSX Navy Phantom!

Is it soup yet? I mean is this still a beta or waiting for other bits, including that flat top that's supposed to come with it? Or bought separately? A little confused. There is another payware F-4 out there, but think it may be a USAF bird in F-4B/J drag (?).

Sorry to sound a bit of a spoiled sport but the trend in recent years has been to release payware in unfinished installments, i.e., no vc, etc, so when it has been in a thread like this spanning almost two years its hard to tell where things are.

Am a card ready buyer, er, when something is . . ready.

expat
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Sorry, I am a known US NavAir freak and Phantom phanatic but I have stayed - somewhat deliberately and skeptically - under a rock while this has been gestating all this time. I have now some x '000 even more hours on the freeware AS F-4 in the meantime, but itchy to get into a quality payware native FSX Navy Phantom!

Is it soup yet? I mean is this still a beta or waiting for other bits, including that flat top that's supposed to come with it? Or bought separately? A little confused. There is another payware F-4 out there, but think it may be a USAF bird in F-4B/J drag (?).

Sorry to sound a bit of a spoiled sport but the trend in recent years has been to release payware in unfinished installments, i.e., no vc, etc, so when it has been in a thread like this spanning almost two years its hard to tell where things are.

Am a card ready buyer, er, when something is . . ready.

expat
    Hi expat,

The plane as it is now is already a great addon. The ship ,Coral Sea, is still under way, but will be available soon and comes with the plane.

Cees

Coo! Thanks Cees.

Oh, specs say it needs a minimum of DX10? I don't run it as it messes up all my AI and other stuff.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Ow. I run directX 12 under win 10

I'm running it without issue under Windows 10 - with whatever version of DX that may use.

See my earlier posts in this thread and judge for yourself if the product is worth the money.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    I'm running it without issue under Windows 10 - with whatever version of DX that may use.

See my earlier posts in this thread and judge for yourself if the product is worth the money.

Dave
    Probably version 12. Just run dxdiag with the search function.

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    Probably version 12. Just run dxdiag with the search function.

Cees
    It says v12, true - but we all know that FSX will only run using V9 or v10 preview.

Dave

OK, I am a dummy. I have a high end system running Windows 7 and dxdiag says its using DX11!

I guess I got confused by the "DX10 Preview" thing which I don't really get or understand. Makes graphics look great and movement fluid but messes up other stuff too much to be "bovered." I seem to have "DX10 - the sequel" but think the preview thing is something different.

Win7 will let you load DX9 (it's part of the FSX install routine) but I gather it's rather more troublesome in Win10. As Dave said.. while DXDIAG will report DX11.. you're almost certainly running FSX under DX9.

ATB
    DaveB

The product is still in beta meaning things will be added and corrected, but it is already functional to a high degree. For the DX10 part, it requires a DX10 video card/Windows Vista minimum to render the new RADAR that is coming in the next versions.

Otherwise the plane will work but without the RADAR functioning.

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator

I have an Nvidia GTX 780 which the specs show "Direct X run time version 11.0"

Will the radar work then even without using "DX 10 Preview Mode" in FSX?

Members who have read this thread: 4