For Piglet

Thread: For Piglet

Charter Member 09

For Piglet

A friend of mine in Wales U.K. is trying to find out what was the name of a twin boom aircraft. It has a pusher prop that he thinks is a ducted fan. It seats two passengers in a side by side configuraton on a Bell helicopter like cockpit. He thinks it might be an ultra light. I don't think so since the plane appeared on flight simulator before the Ultra Lights became plentiful.
    Does anybody remember this strange aircraft?
    Helldiver
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

Edgley Optica

..could it be the Edgley Optica Light Observation AIrcraft.? Fly High punch Holes in the Sky..! Walt

You'll find Craig's FsX Optica here http://www.classicwings.net/edgley_optica.html

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I was just thinking that I would like to recreate this flight again: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...nd-Isle-of-Man

One of the best freeware planes ever produced, but the same can be said for so many of Craig Richardson's productions. I've always been interested in this aircraft ever since coming to know the one that is based/flown here in Minnesota, N130DP - one of only two that are registered here in the U.S. (the other is located in Florida). Conversely, there are only three registered in the U.K.

For those living in the U.K., you may have seen the Edgley Optica G-BOPO flying this past weekend, as it was flown to and displayed at last weekend's Shuttleworth show at Old Warden (having traveled together with the fantastic Travel Air Mystery Ship G-TATR).
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Charter Member 09
    Thank you guys. I knew somebody would remember it. At my age I have to remember who I am.
    A nice looking but weird aircraft.
    Helldiver
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

Helldiver...

..you are a magnificent example of manhood who is to be emulated....you ARE a member of greatest generation. You raise my spirits when you post!!

FYI...that said...from a 29-year AF O-6...

SALUTE!

Kent

Members who have read this thread: 4