"Complete" Milton’s and Co. Republic XP-47J for CFS2.zip - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Complete" Milton’s and Co. Republic XP-47J for CFS2.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Really, I did not think that the pilot head animation would work.

It looks like the spinner hub is a little transparent.
    It needs only a texture format change. Now, it's solid!

Cheers

Pepe

Icon5

Hey Milton?

Could you take the file you attached and export them Fs 2004?
    There's a little bug with the engine cowl flaps after running them through mdlc and edits will not take.

Quote Originally Posted by dvslats View Post
    Hey Milton?

Could you take the file you attached and export them Fs 2004?
    There's a little bug with the engine cowl flaps after running them through mdlc and edits will not take.
    No problem; will have them here shortly.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Attached are the XP series as exported for FS2004 to correct the aforementioned cowl flaps issue.

Let me know if we need another go at this.

Including the xp47h, the xp47j, and the xp72.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

XP72 too? Excellent!

I'll get back to you after trials.
    Dv

Hey uhhhh, Milton...They Came Out Perfect!
    I really hadn't checked out the 72 model before. That's one intimidating Machine.

Attachment 9277

These ran through the conversion like greased lightning.
    Any animations possible in Cfs2 are there including those pesky little cowl flaps.

Attachment 9278

Thanks a heap for making this possible. Ya didn't have to do this, but ya did and that's cool.
    Time to finish her out with the detail items in Cfs2.

Cheers Mate,
    Dave

Ah, Dave, that's great to hear! Thank you for all your efforts to get this working in CFS2. I hope it brings some extra fun to the sim here. I appreciate your time and enthusiasm.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Getting There...

Just wanted to let chaKnow, I didn't forget about this. Almost done with the damage profile...still needs more tweaking on the hardpoints.

Dv

Gonna be one bad bird...

slim1

"Complete" Milton’s and Co. Republic XP-47J for CFS2.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - American

Description: This package contains Milton’s and his gang Republic XP-47J aircraft for use in CFS2.

Everything needed is included, weapons profile, weapons, textures, air file, aircraft configuration file, sound, and panel with gauges. No hunting around for errant zip files.

Credits

Original authors;

Model Designer: Milton Shupe.

Pilot Figure: Jan Visser.

Exterior Textures FS9: Nigel Richards, Damian Radice.

Flight Model Designer: Tom Falley.

Technical Advisors: Tom Falley, Steve Bryant.

Tested-Beta: Sim-Outhouse Membership.

Panel, Gauges, textures: Scott Thomas, Milton Shupe, Nigel Richards, Microsoft, and other authors as noted.

Sounds: Nigel Richards.

Conversion, Air file and cfg edits, damage profile, texture conversion, vc panel gauges and some other stuff; Dvslats, fde_bressy.

Panel 2D; Morten

Weapons; Dbolt and K. Malinowski

Alpha Texture for Prop; K. Malinowski

If I missed anyone’s names, please let me know and it will be corrected. With the “J” model completed, look forward to XP-47H and XP-47 72 next. All of the main components are done so these will be much easier.

Enjoy, Dvslats

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit "Complete" Milton’s and Co. Republic XP-47J for CFS2.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thank you to the whole team

Great add-on to the list of interesting planes to fly - I'd hurried to snatch it. Thank you for this beauty.
    Finn

Wow!

Many thanks. I'll go get 'em.

Hey Guys,

Hope y'all have some fun with this bird. It really is a nice model.

BTW, you may not know it but you are also the, how would you say, beta testers. Besides me.
    Seriously though, if anyone finds something that is not right, please post it.
    I always feel like "was every thing there?" every time a file is uploaded.

Thanks, Dv

Beautiful!! Really looking forward to the others as well! Thanks so much!

SOH-CM-2024

Xp-47j

Great Model, flies beautifully.

Thank you to all involved for the obvious amount of hard work to bring this lovely model to fruition .

All we need to do now ---is to find some enterprising individual who can build the Bloch MB-157.(The Holy Grail of Early WWII Aircraft).

Once again --thanks to all for the XP-47J.

Regards,

Thanks for your input M8's.

Looks like everything that needed to be there was.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dmaloof View Post
    will the xp-72 be converted too?
    Yes dmaloof, the 72 and H are next. Just taking a little break for now. A week or so.

Cheerz, Dave

Thanks guy,s , a new bird to play with ,

Quote Originally Posted by Sarg Willy View Post
    Thanks guy,s , a new bird to play with ,
    There's never enough Sarg.

Ok, back at it again. Looking towards a late weekend upload. Pending any unforeseen. Pretty satisfied with the performance. With a R-4360 engine, the rate of climb should be like a home sick angel. (A quote of Richard Bong's)

Just the ordinance loads remain. I'm not sure of the type of drop tanks to use. Here's one option. Dbolt's P47_150gal_drop.

Any opinions?

That looks great.

Attaching some info that may help.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Icon26

Thank you for those Milt.

Looks like the choices are between 75, 150, or 165 gallons. The ones in the picture are the 165's.

BTW, the 20 mm pylon mounted cannon, pretty interesting. Never saw that one before. The predecessor of the gun pod you might say.

Well, Thanks Again,
    Dave

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22 Dv_XP_47J Texture Question?

Cough!Hack! Cough!

Ahem! Phew! Excuse me but this thread is so old I breathed-in dust when I opened it!

This post is aimed at Dave or Morton or anybody who might know.

I have been updating and playing around with my Republic P-47 hangar recently.

The process involves going through the AC packages along with their related skin packs and fleshing-out the aircraft.cfg file titles and descriptions so that they more fully describe the personal/locational details of each AC in its various skin versions.

WRT Dv_XP_47J package let me say first of all that the AC is a great looking AC and behaves very nicely in the air. No worries along those lines.

However, the descriptive details and so on are a tad, well, on the thin side. :^)

Am I right in thinking that very few if any of these AC were ever actually flown in active service and therefore the textures included in the pack are most likely purely fictional? Or were they actually active duty AC?

The textures included are the default"Olive Fights Back" texture and three others: 73 OTU; Duxford Eagle; and SEAC.

The only title included in the aircraft.cfg file is the not too informative "title=XP-47J". :^)

I don't mind digging around and coming up for historical details for actual squadron and serial number markings but I'd rather spare myself the effort if this plane never went into production and never actually flew on active service.

If that's the case, then I will give them titles such as;
    title=Republic XP-47J Superbolt "Olive-Fights-Back"
    title=Republic XP-47J Superbolt "73 OTU" - I think this is 73rd Operational Training Unit, RAF, Fayid-Egypt, Autumn1944. No XP-47J attached
    title=Republic XP-47J Superbolt "Duxford Eagle" - I think the 78th Fighter Group (P-47s and P-51s) was stationed at Duxford during the war called themselves the Duxford Eagles. Don't think any XP-47Js were in the mix.
    title=Republic XP-47J Superbolt "SEAC" - Pretty sure this one is attached to RAF SEAC (South East Asia Command?) 1944-45. Need to come up with a passable squadron and group number. But again no XP-47J attached.

Anyway, guess what I am asking is were any of these skins actually ever a working skin for an actual serving XP-47J?

Thanks,
    MR
    Last edited by MaskRider; August 9th, 2020 at 06:47.
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!
    Thanks BC.

Yeah, I had also seen basically the same write-up at a couple of other websites.

However, no matter. After doing some more research I believe I will go ahead and pretend that the XP-47J did see service- this is a simulator after all, and re-title the 4 AC included in the pack:

title=Republic XP-47J "Superbolt" "Olive Fights Back" 84-FS 78-FG 8th-AF Duxford1943-45
    title=Republic XP-47J "Superbolt" 73rd Op-Training-Unit RAF Fayid-Egypt Autum1944
    title=Republic XP-47J "Superbolt" 82-FS 78-FG 8th-AF Duxford-AB 1943-45
    title=Republic XP-47J "Superbolt" 134-S RAF-SEAC Arakan-Burma 1943-45

Based on research into the squadron markings and so forth.

Again thanks for taking the time to supply the link.
    MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Members who have read this thread: 3