Paint Schemes MilViz F-4 Phantom - Page 6
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Paint Schemes MilViz F-4 Phantom

Check your email guys, new build is out

And you might be in for a surprise if your speed drops below mach 1 in a turn.
    -JB

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-kun View Post
    And you might be in for a surprise if your speed drops below mach 1 in a turn.
    Indeed... The thing has become almost unflyable. I wonder what a driver like the late Brig.Gen. Robin Olds would have to say about that.

When I was young and still visiting airshows all over europe, I saw many F-4 demo's and these pilots turned HARD below mach 1 Full burner, but still below Mach 1. The German F-4F demo's were most impressive.

With the new version, this isn't possible anymore.

I hope this gets corrected. The roll rate seems more like that of a T-38 than that of a Phantom.

The modelling corrections are nice though.

And yes, I know, we have to take this up on the milviz forums... *sigh*

Dumonceau

Hi,

I have just asked Colin to try this and, for him at least, he was able to fly at burner below mach 1 whilst in a very hard turn. He did nearly black out though and that's the point. In hard turns, where lift is needed, the slats auto open. This creates an immense amount of G force (1G approx). This is what causes the blackout.

If this is what you mean, then it's right.

As well, with three (3) actual, verified Phantom pilots (one of whom flew F-4F's) we're pretty sure we're getting it right. If you wish, feel free to take it up with them but if you check published materials (we will be releasing a manual soon), the performance is pretty much on the numbers.

Its not so much the ability to turn below mach 1 but what happens if you are turning above mach 1 and your speed drops below mach 1 in the turn. You are in for a little surprise there....one that is warned of in the manual.
    -JB

Its not so much the ability to turn below mach 1 but what happens if you are turning above mach 1 and your speed drops below mach 1 in the turn. You are in for a little surprise there....one that is warned of in the manual.
    That's called "Mach Tuck" - the point at which the stabs "suddenly" become more effective than they were supersonic - was around .94, I think.

Gene K

Yep. I don't think it has been seen in FSX till now. Anyone else feel free to correct me.
    -JB

"Mach Tuck", things have come a long way since my first Flight Sim purchase from Circuit City years ago. Great work guy in all areas of our hobby.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Kat... really enjoying the new build... but I was hoping the J model would be included in this one as it was so long in the pipeline. Next build maybe?

Its great to have the working slats in this model...very impressive.

Matt

Hi,

Colin says that the J will be in the final product for sure but until the external is done 100%, the J will not be released. We will need to assign everything over to the J so doing it twice is not in the cards.

Thank you.

Kat.

4th TFW CO Hill scheme

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

90th TFS Flagship 1983

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Is it me or is Zsolt mass producing paints?
    -JB

Is it me or is Zsolt mass producing paints?

I need the correct USAF roundel template pack!

Any idea?

What you mean with that?

?
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Quote Originally Posted by mirage3 View Post
    What you mean with that?

?
    The kit, in which the layers are USAF roundels

Thought I would just wait til it is complete but I cant resist to get the beta version NOW. However my GPU is not dx11 supported, will I have issues running the Phantom?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peg o my heart View Post
    Thought I would just wait til it is complete but I cant resist to get the beta version NOW. However my GPU is not dx11 supported, will I have issues running the Phantom?

Thanks
    If it supports DX10 at least then no you will be fine.
    -JB

Members who have read this thread: 10