Paint Schemes MilViz F-4 Phantom - Page 11
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Paint Schemes MilViz F-4 Phantom

Icon26

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Per requested by Tabo, Capt. Steve Ritchie and Capt. Chuck Bellevue F-4E Phantom after their second kill. 67-0362.

And just for good measure, Capt. Steve Ritchie and Capt. Chuck Bellevue F-4E Phantom Triple Nickel after their fifth Kill. 67-0463.

Juste splendid job !

Thanks
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=121699&dateline=14080  45285

Is anyone working on any Navy skins for this beauty ?

Quote Originally Posted by Corvette99 View Post
    Is anyone working on any Navy skins for this beauty ?

E model was exclusively a land based USAF airframe. No Navy or Marine versions.

Hi,

Though that is true, we will be including a J external which was in both the Marines and the USN.

We will also, slightly after the E is released, be releasing a F-4S.

Thank you.

Kat

Regarding stovall's F-4E flown by Ritchie:

Quote Originally Posted by FlKp21_Tabo View Post
    Juste splendid job !
    It's a beauty ... hope he corrects the nose area (black) - if he hasn't already.

We are fortunate so many talented painters like stovall are working this model!!!

Gene K

I was just over to the Milviz site thinking about pulling the trigger on this and noticed the F-4J external is not carrier capable. That is disappointing since that was one of the scenarios I was looking forward to.
    I have no idea what is involved in making an aircraft carrier capable for FSX but I would have thought that it would have been one of those things that would be on the priority list, even if the E was not NAVY.

Hi,

The J will be carrier capable once the final product is complete.

We have now released a new build with materials done (external). It looks good

Thank you

Kat

Blog Entries
    Thanks for clarifying, Kat.

DL

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    We have now released a new build with materials done (external).
    What does "materials done" mean? I hope it does NOT mean that the external visual features are finalized since there are still "errors", in particular the alignment of the bleed air holes on the splitter, and the seam on the wing tanks.

Gene K

Just downloaded and installed the latest iteration, and the number of extra repaints is impressive. Thanks Kat! It's becoming better and better!

Dumonceau

Hi,

The J will be carrier capable once the final product is complete.

We have now released a new build with materials done (external). It looks good

Thank you

Kat
    So Will I have to buy the cow just to get the milk? translation, Buy the E just to get the J?

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    So Will I have to buy the cow just to get the milk? translation, Buy the E just to get the J?
    Colourfull language there GE!!

I think that is the deal yes. Buying now will get you the J and S versions later on. But even in its present form, it is more than worth it.

I have it, enjoy it immensely, and the latest version has quite a few (understatement) repaints in the pack.

it's a must for every Phantom Phanatic!

Dumonceau

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    If you have no interest in anything airforce F-4 you could always wait until the S is complete.
    -JB

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-kun View Post
    If you have no interest in anything airforce F-4 you could always wait until the S is complete.
    If the J is offered separate then, yes, I might consider it. Otherwise, "Brand X" is offering the Navy B with a carrier I think.
    I'm not that keen on the USAF long nose versions. Sorry.

Hi,

The J is to be included in the F-4E release. It is the external only.

The F-4S is a separate product entirely.

The splitter plates and the fuel tank strips are fixed but only in new liveries. We didn't do the liveries but we will ask those who did to apply the fixes.

Thank you

Kat

The F-4S is a separate product entirely.
    Now that is disappointing....

F-4J/S Info

Good skinny on the F-4J/S models.

http://aviation.watergeek.eu/f4j-panel.html

I am sorry you feel that way.

Kat

I am sorry you feel that way.

Kat

Well, (Sigh).... It is what it is. I've got my Virtavia/Alpahsim "J's" to tide me over and I don't even fly them that much either.

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloa...tom-ii-update/

Quote Originally Posted by joe bob View Post
    I have no idea what is involved in making an aircraft carrier capable for FSX...
    With FSXA you need 2 entries in the bird's aircraft.cfg, [launch_assistance] and [TailHook]

This is what I used for the Alphasim/Virtavia Pack 1
    [launch_assistance]
    launch_bar_pivot=21.694, 0.000, -6.000 //Nosewheel position; 21.694, 0.000, -7.000
    launch_bar_lug=21.694, 0.000, -6.500

[TailHook]
    tailhook_length = 3.90
    tailhook_position = -20, 0, -1.2 // -20, 0, -2.2
    cable_force_adjust = 1
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E, i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP wet), EVGA GTX 970 FTW, 16GB DDR3-2400,
    128GB SAMSUNG 830-Win 7 Ult x64, 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro-FS9/FSX/P3D, WD 1TB Black-FS98, ROF, etc. WD Black 2TB-Storage/Backup,

Any news on this item?

It's been very quiet for a while. Likewise on the other "B"-model.

Dave

There was a new build sent out to the clients mid December last year although it had a incorrect gauge version in it.

I just finished the NAV mode of the INS so it puts out proper ground speed and ground track values and am working on the platform drift (which is what affects the latitude/longitude drift) and finalizing the alignment procedure. This hasn't been released to the testers yet though.
    -JB

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    Any news on this item?

It's been very quiet for a while. Likewise on the other "B"-model.
    Yes, very disappointing.

Gene K

We are progressing and getting near(er) to final release. No specific date yet.

Tacpack work is ongoing and we will have an announcement about that shortly.

The initial release will include everything BUT Tacpack and that will be an addon.

It needs to be noted that the TP version will require two to properly fly/fight this bird. It's extremely complex (like the B) though we are looking at ways of simplifying things the problem is that if you're two people in one and then your opponent is one, that might not be fair. Something we're concerned about.

Thank you for your patience.

Kat

Members who have read this thread: 9