stupid trees

Thread: stupid trees

SOH-CM-2023

stupid trees

Hi All,

I was flying from NAS Key West, to NAS Pensacola and on arrival I have found no place to land. The runway was overrun with trees along with the ramps and taxiways as well. Is there an exclude or something to make the trees go away? Is there some tool that do define the flatten area? Is Flatten the right word?

Sean

Do a little search for these two "FST Flatten" , flatten area utility, and "EXC Builder" exclude file builder, both do what they say on the tin so to speak.

ttfn

Pete

links

EXCBuilder on this page -----> http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/res...ools.9/?page=2

and all about FST Flatten here ---> http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...How-to-flatten

ttfn

Pete

Or "Instant Scenery" - it allows to do almost "surgical" exclusions!

Bernard

You may also use Airport Design Editor (ADE9), use it to open the airports AFCAD, slew your aircraft to any offending growth and make an exclude box for that location. You then save the new afcad into the same folder and cut and paste the old one to that scenery's main folder so FS won't load it, in case you want to switch them back. If the trees won't go away, they must be getting placed by another addon scenery and will have to be tracked down for removal from that folder.
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

And while you get ready to learn those new tools, you might turn down the autogen density slider a notch. That might or might not help, but it just takes a few seconds to try it.

Go to Settings, Display, and on the right you'll see (among other things) the slider to adjust autogen density.

SOH-CM-2023
    its weird, its maiw scenery and I never have problems with then (well almost never, Nellis AFB messed up my NAS Fallon install but that was along time ago). Im going to try building an exclude bgl tonight and Ill let you know.

Sean

Members who have read this thread: 4