Chipmunk released - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chipmunk released

Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    I was doing some circuits and bumps when the engine conked out. Left tank empty right tank fuel. How do you switch between tanks or transfer fuel? I checked the manual but can't find what I'm looking for.
    Great model, especially at a tenner.

NickB
    Hi Nick, are you flying the standard or bubble Chipmunk?
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Lovely models! Will be doing a lot of repaints for this one.
    One point though - the underwing serial numbers for all military versions has been painted as if they were civil registrations i.e. under the left wing facing forward. This is incorrect on two counts. Firstly, the serials were painted on both wings. Secondly, they faced forwards on the right wing but backwards on the left wing. The RAF and RCAF adopted the same method. This is a great shame as otherwise the schemes are great.

Peter W

Only in a Supermunk (Chipmunk with a Lycoming) is there a fuel selector. In a normal Chipmunk there is the on/off selector between your legs and then the fuel just flows from one tank to the other.

Martin

I've known of some Chipmunks that drain fuel from the left hand tank first, before using that from the right.

Downloading now...can't wait to get airbourne.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    Hi Nick, are you flying the standard or bubble Chipmunk?
    Hi Martyn, really nice aeroplane.

I'm flying the standard, haven't even looked at the bubble yet.

Nick
    Norwich, a fine city.

I Know this is FSX but my Chippie seems not to want to fly in P3d, cant even load a flight...

at $15, I surely am not supposed to complain.
    Fly nicely, but the flat files for sides and canopy is a real killer. It does not even look like curved areas. it is just FLAT.
    uninstalled.

Quick screenie...Just want to fly.

SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

Quote Originally Posted by snow_white View Post
    at $15, I surely am not supposed to complain.
    Fly nicely, but the flat files for sides and canopy is a real killer. It does not even look like curved areas. it is just FLAT.
    uninstalled.
    Flat files? Mine looks curved...see above.
    SYSTEM :

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Sykes View Post
    I Know this is FSX but my Chippie seems not to want to fly in P3d, cant even load a flight...
    Hi Chris. P3D v1 or v2? What happens when you attempt to load a flight?

Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    Hi Martyn, really nice aeroplane.

I'm flying the standard, haven't even looked at the bubble yet.

Nick
    Thanks Nick. I'll look into this issue tomorrow morning when I'm back in the office.

Quote Originally Posted by peterwatkins2 View Post
    Lovely models! Will be doing a lot of repaints for this one.
    One point though - the underwing serial numbers for all military versions has been painted as if they were civil registrations i.e. under the left wing facing forward. This is incorrect on two counts. Firstly, the serials were painted on both wings. Secondly, they faced forwards on the right wing but backwards on the left wing. The RAF and RCAF adopted the same method. This is a great shame as otherwise the schemes are great.

Peter W
    Hi Peter. Thanks for the information, we'll get the registration layouts changed if they are inaccurate.
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

For me only near 4 Eu : D. Easy craft and very good fps (for sure, not too complicated aircraft), 2 versions for now. TY J.F.!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Fabulous model... now just need a bit more time to fly it

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    Hi Chris. P3D v1 or v2? What happens when you attempt to load a flight?
    Hi Martyn. Im using V2 using the V2 installer. Gets to 100% loading, then crashes Prepar3d. Any other aircraft works OK. FSX also OK.

Would anyone mind posting some more screenshots from inside the cockpit? I would very much appreciate it, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    Would anyone mind posting some more screenshots from inside the cockpit? I would very much appreciate it, thank you
    OK:

@Martyn, here I have textures bug - flashing textures:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On first impressions, am finding it very interesting....not so sure on the wind sounds, seems to have almost STOL flight characteristics on take off, brakes seem a little fierce and can't fly it with the canopy open. Seems to shut on take off.

Going back for more,

Cheers,

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by T6flyer View Post
    On first impressions, am finding it very interesting....not so sure on the wind sounds, seems to have almost STOL flight characteristics on take off, brakes seem a little fierce and can't fly it with the canopy open. Seems to shut on take off.

Going back for more,

Cheers,

Martin
    Hi Martin,

You must have the canopy shut for all takeoffs and landings in a standard Chipmunk. In the bubble, you must have it open for all takeoffs and landings.

If you wish to fly with the canopy open, you need to equalise the pressure in the canopy of the standard Chippies. Tod do this you need to push the flap in the roof, open. This equalises pressure and allows you to open the canopy in flight.

In the bubble, you can open the canopy by pulling the cord on the right canopy rail. This operates a small spoiler flap fitted to the rear of the canopy. It creates drag which makes sliding the canopy back in the slipstream easy.

We are looking at the stall and braking.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Hi Martin,

You must have the canopy shut for all takeoffs and landings in a standard Chipmunk. In the bubble, you must have it open for all takeoffs and landings.

If you wish to fly with the canopy open, you need to equalise the pressure in the canopy of the standard Chippies. Tod do this you need to push the flap in the roof, open. This equalises pressure and allows you to open the canopy in flight.

In the bubble, you can open the canopy by pulling the cord on the right canopy rail. This operates a small spoiler flap fitted to the rear of the canopy. It creates drag which makes sliding the canopy back in the slipstream easy.

We are looking at the stall and braking.
    Many thanks, knew there was something that I was doing wrong....was a long time ago now and not something that you do often in the UK, with the weather that we normally experience. Did look out for the flap, the other day when had a little jolly in APLO, but then forgot today when doing the same. Must be old age.

Cheers,

Martin

Regarding the bubble canopy fuel selector, it indicates that it is supposed to be selectable. But I cannot select the right fuel tank. It is stuck in the left tank position.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

I like it...
    Sounds great
    Nice exteriors and interiors
    its a classic aircaft
    good price
    two models
    mil and civ pilots
    plus I am a big fan of the chippie

you can't go wrong... Nice job guys

Question, what is the MilBubbleShine Model??? tried it and can seem to see any difference

Bought the Chipmonk and love it. Superbly done and a dream to fly.
    visability incredible. I think this will become my favourite, especially
    with Orbx scenery. I hope some one can do an Irish Air Corp repaint.

Quote Originally Posted by jojohnson9 View Post
    Regarding the bubble canopy fuel selector, it indicates that it is supposed to be selectable. But I cannot select the right fuel tank. It is stuck in the left tank position.
    Hi John,

Don't know what's going on there.

Try shutting down and a Cntrl/E start. The fuel selector should automatically go to left tank and the engine start.
    Now mouse the lever to the right position.

It's working fine here.

B

Quote Originally Posted by doublecool View Post
    I like it...
    Sounds great
    Nice exteriors and interiors
    its a classic aircaft
    good price
    two models
    mil and civ pilots
    plus I am a big fan of the chippie

you can't go wrong... Nice job guys

Question, what is the MilBubbleShine Model??? tried it and can seem to see any difference
    It's for the repainters if they prefer to have a shiny military version. They need to add alpha greys to create the shine and then use this model in the sim.

Nicely done, lads. Nicely done. Very enjoyable.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by T6flyer View Post
    Many thanks, knew there was something that I was doing wrong....was a long time ago now and not something that you do often in the UK, with the weather that we normally experience. Did look out for the flap, the other day when had a little jolly in APLO, but then forgot today when doing the same. Must be old age.

Cheers,

Martin
    No worries Martin, at my age I have a lot of trouble finding my emergency flap....

Members who have read this thread: 11