A Choice

Thread: A Choice

A Choice

Hey there Guys & Gals -

If you could only have one airplane in your flight simulator, which one would it be? Personally, my hangar is approximately the size of a small town, but for me it was a pretty easy choice: The Beech D18S by Milton Shupe et al.

So I was wondering what plane would be chosen by my fellow simmers. Anybody else have an absolute, you can only have this one, go to plane of choice?

Freeware or payware, single or multi, recip or turbine. Makes no difference.

Just thought I'd ask.

LA
    ...things will go as they will; and there's no use hurrying to meet them.

Just one? My favorites change almost hourly. Thinking of which one I seem to go back to the most it has to be the KBT P-3 series.

But that can always change tomorrow. :-)

Jim

Bear studios Mig17 for me
    cheers ian

Too hard to answer!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

One of the main reasons I fly in MS flight simulators is that you can nearly fly any aircraft.

But In FS9 I would most probably fly the A2A Bf-109 E (even with all its shortcomings) and in FSX it would (currently) be the Classic Wings FW-190 A8.

Cheers,
    Huub

Easy choice. The Aerosoft Beaver. Simply great for bush and vfr flying. My start flight is the beaver amphibian with the misty moorings paint sitting at PAKT.

Cloud9 F-4? Virtavia Lightnings?

Help!!

Dave

David Maltbys VC10. But I would love to have a HS125 Dominie for my FS9 hanger.

Version 4.0 L-1649 with the N1649 paint from earlier versions. The XML code that reveals the developmental pitot is still present in the 4.0 model. If you want the skin, search N1649 in the library here.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

My favorite seems to be the one I installed most recently or the one I'm tweaking at the moment.

If I have a 'default' aircraft it's Owen Hewitt's Bell 206 with euroastar's lowskid mod. I fly it most in an OH-58 skin and use it to explore new sceneries and such.

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by pfflyers View Post
    My favorite seems to be the one I installed most recently or the one I'm tweaking at the moment.

If I have a 'default' aircraft it's Owen Hewitt's Bell 206 with euroastar's lowskid mod. I fly it most in an OH-58 skin and use it to explore new sceneries and such.

I wish I could find a really good UH-1 or Bell 204/5. I always loved the Huey.

As for my favorite, Aerialfoundry's F/A-18 hornet. Love that plane.

Sean

MAAM DC-3. At least if it was the only one I could get round to flying all the repaints I have for it!

for me it'd be a new version of the good old BAC Tactical Strike/Recce 2 (that's TSR.2)... just imagine how it could be with the advances since the old Alphasim/Virtavia one was new! *Drools*

but my FS9 'Squadron Hack' has always been, and always will be Kirk Olssons F-16 Block 52/52+, naturally in Polemikh Aeroporia markings... just can't keep away from the thing

Quote Originally Posted by andersel View Post
    ... t for me it was a pretty easy choice: The Beech D18S by Milton Shupe et al...
    Funny you should think of that one. That was the first one that popped into my mind when I saw your question!

I love Connie....

For me it's the FSDZigns L-049 Constellation, it's the first add-on of FS9 I installed and it's still my fav aircraft.

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Funny you should think of that one. That was the first one that popped into my mind when I saw your question!
    LOL. Me too.

Like the RW aircraft, it has something for everyone.

Awesome aesthetics, powerful TWIN radials, amphibian capabilities, great bush flyer, a joy to fly...

and in the hands of someone like Matt Younkin; a truly sparkling performer second to none!

Anyone for the Elephant Waltz?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1qSzCnzXvY

And a touch of Vangelis.
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    for me it'd be a new version of the good old BAC Tactical Strike/Recce 2 (that's TSR.2)... just imagine how it could be with the advances since the old Alphasim/Virtavia one was new! *Drools*
    You hit the proverbial nail on the head, mate. The TSR.2 has been a mainstay, through the last 3 'puters I have had FS installed on. However, Milton's XA-28/38 'Grizzly' has probably seen more mission time, than any of the planes in me virtual hangars.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post

but my FS9 'Squadron Hack' has always been, and always will be Kirk Olssons F-16 Block 52/52+, naturally in Polemikh Aeroporia markings... just can't keep away from the thing
    Agree on plane but I would have to come to North America for the markings. . Couldn't pick a specific squadron though.

Hi,

Any CalClassic DC6 and when I have crashed that for a final time I would like to replace it with an SM79, either one of Manuele Villa's versions which have the 'hump', or the original passenger airplane from LAGO which has no 'hump'. They both have Handley-Page leading edge flaps and fly very fast Beautiful.

Andy

I have to confess...

Lately, I've been dabbling into rotary wing ops with the likes of the Chinook, the Seahawk and Owen Hewitt's B206. But, I have been playing around with the Colonial Raptor from Battlestar Galactica! It was made for FSX, but it seems to work in FS9 as well! I was just looking for a change of pace, I guess...

However, I did take a spin in the Alphasim PBY Catalina last night, with one of Mick's PBY Paint schemes (the USN 1943 one). She looks AWESOME!
    The low and slow festivities continued with a couple hops in the Super Cub...

But... one 'go to' airplane? I guess it would have to be the Rutan Boomerang; she's a fun airplane to fly, and also has a very unique Panel!

A2A Spitfire mkI, when a Spitfire was pretty much the pure invention of it's creator and IMHO in it's most beautiful form. Failing that the AH Spitfire prototype. Not as nice a model, but purer concept.

Jamie

Members who have read this thread: 5