Installation of FSDS 2.24 in windows 8.1

Thread: Installation of FSDS 2.24 in windows 8.1

Installation of FSDS 2.24 in windows 8.1

Has a problem! The installer is not recognized as a valid installer. I contacted Abacus, but got no reaction. Alas! Is there a workaround that anyone knows of?

Cees

Yes there is, if you run the installer in compatibility mode!

Rightclick on the installer, select properties and in the tab compatibility select "Windows XP SP3".

Hope this helps!

Dumonceau

Alas! The setup.exe is not compatible with the 64 bit version of my Window 8.1

Cees

Got one step further: in installed it on my laptop and then copied it to my computer. It said on the first run that it is in demo mode! There is no possibility to register the copy as that part of the help menu seems to be disabled........

Cees

Everything is running at my WIN 8.1 64 system but you can`t register the copy, so you can’t create objects or aircrafts. I ask Abacus last year about this issue but also with no answer. I think it must be solvable for Abacus, but it doesn’t look they have any interest to solve this issue. So I run it on a second Win8.1 32 installation. By the way I do it the same way, I started the in WIN8.1 32 installed version in WIN 8.1 64, but as I said I can’t register the version in a 64 bit operating system.

One sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes (Antoine de Saint Exupéry)

Maybe something can be done with an emulator?

Cees

I installed the win XP emulator (Windows XP Mode) but without success, FSDS2 can’t be installed at a 64 Bit system. And Abacus doesn’t support their customers very much so I use the unregistered Fsds2 version at my WIN8.1 64bit install. By the way, FSDS3.51 works fine with Windows 8 and is downwards compatible to FSDS 2.4. Unfortunately you have to go to 32 bit windows to compile the source file to a CFS2 MDL

One sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes (Antoine de Saint Exupéry)

Interesting Thread.....

I was able to run an XP virtual machine under Windows 8.1, installed just fine on the XP VM, but can't get DirectX to work right, so I can only get a wireframe render. If you have any success with Windows 8, I for one would be very interested in the details.......

Paul

Members who have read this thread: 1