Mare Nostrum - aka The Italian Job aka Asian Adventure
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mare Nostrum - aka The Italian Job aka Asian Adventure

Mare Nostrum - aka The Italian Job aka Asian Adventure

Flight 19 has been fitted with proper Regia Aeronautica aircraft for a tour of Italy and the influence thereof during WWII.

Started off with a decent shakedown flight from Aviano over to the fighter bases of Campoformido and Gorizia. Then down the coast over Venice and stopping at the CANT base in Vicenza.
    Last edited by Moses03; September 16th, 2014 at 17:42.

"Off we go into the wild blue yonder" Oops! wrong song for the Mare Nostrum. Well, anyway, it sure is nice to be back flying with old friends of the famous Flight 19

Passed through Florence today on the way south. "An art museum for every citizen".

Remember, the world was black and white in the 1940's.

1940 Black and White huh Moses. Well, with my last flight and landing in the 205 my color is different, now I am black and blue, and am I sore! Sorry no pictures forgot to turn on the photo box. senior moments!

Off to Naples with a victory lap around Mount Vesuvius.

Quote Originally Posted by Taco View Post
    1940 Black and White huh Moses
    Hehe.

Hey There!

Here are three shot of the same scenery, but from different angles. These pictures are of Flight 19, flying Fairly Swordfish(stringbags)
    after a very succesful attack on the RM Naval Bass at Taranto. (The Battle of Taranto 1904)

Taco.

After landing at LIBR we again changed over to the tri-motors aircraft, with the exception of Willy who kept with the twin engine Fiat, and headed out to LYTV (Tivat) to raise a little heck. Rumors were that ammunition dump was near by, and it looks as we might have hit it or came close. The flight contintued on down the coast to LATI (Tirane) for refueling in order to contintue this junket. (but of course, we will test the local spirts, and chow while we are at Tirane!)

Taco.

Hi there!

After a day for maintenance and a little R&R we are off to LGTT (Delelia), plus over fly LAKO (Korce Northwest), Plus our main objective is to bomb the airbase at LGIO (Loannina). we will be flying over the battle field where the Greek Army is holding the Italian Army in a stalemate. The powere in Greece sent the majority of there army up to stop the Italians, and this left the door open for the German invasion of Greece. The bombing raid went without a hitch for a change, and then we flew onto Delelia (near Athen) for refueling by our German allies. Next Flight 19 will be off to North Africa!

Mersa Matruh in Egypt...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2014-jun-20-001.jpg  
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Netstorms hit on the way to Tripoli. We fought through it as best as possible.

We picked up the pace with fighters. Made it to DTTG, Gabes.

Here are a few random pictures that I have taken when I remenber to turn on the picture taking box, hehe sometimes I have it on and still forget to take pictures. Seniors moments,

Made it to Pisa, but couldn't find the number to Domino's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2014-jul-9-001.jpg  

Vienna Austria
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2014-jul-17-002.jpg  

Hey There!

Here are some pictures from the last few days of flying. I sure hope I didn't get them all mixed up, you know senior moments. As you can see we have had some nice weather during our flights from Northern Italy to Austria

Here are a few more pictures.

Hehe, here I am again!

We had a very nice flight doing the following, LOWW, where I think I got a little culture, Vienna being a world cultural center. Dudley said no way Vienna culture would help me. You know that bugger is still laughing about it! Well anyway, we contintued on to LKTB-LKVO, and landed at LKKV. Made a low pass over LKVO, and you should of heard the language coming from the tower, you know, those folks were a little upset, and I sure don't know why! Need to fuel up and do a little maintenance to the He-111, darn, while in Vienna should have picked up a new being that is where they are built. Dudley said why we didn't think about a new bird was that I was big headed about the culture I picked up.

Taco and his buddy Dudley P. Fudpucker

Did a little "hoss trading" and got into a Junkers light twin for the flight to Salzburg.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2014-jul-19-001.jpg   Flt 19-2014-jul-19-002.jpg   Flt 19-2014-jul-19-007.jpg  

Howey Folks, have one on Flight 19,

A very nice flight from LKKV-LOWL-LOWS, Plus flying over some bad guy's homestead up in those mountains. While at LOWL one of the pilots, who will remain unknown hehe. Did some horse trading will an local airport and ended up with a JU-88 a real speed burner. Heck, I had the pedal to the medal and couldn't hardly keep up with the flight. To prove a point, one of the attached picture shows me taxing in while the rest of the flight is parked and headed for the local pub. I know I am going to get stuck with the check. hehe.

Hey here we are again, hot to trot! hehe.

Well, we left Salzburg (LOWS) and headed to the final destination Riedrichshafen (EDNY). As usual the flight was just great, the weather held, and no German jumping bean trees gave us any problems. Changed aircraft in the middle of the flight went from the GC he-111 to the Virtavia he-111 flew well enough but on landing had a big Oops! The bloody thing went over on it's nose, and I hardly touch the brakes, seems this is a problem with the Virtavia mode. So who knows what we will be flying Monday! hehe the shadow knows!

Taco and Mr. D.P. Fudpucker

Somewhere over the Black Forest on the way to Stuttgart.

Great picture Moses.

Here are some picture taken last night before the He-111 tried to plow up the runway with it's noses.

Members who have read this thread: 3