Mare Nostrum - aka The Italian Job aka Asian Adventure - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mare Nostrum - aka The Italian Job aka Asian Adventure

Good morning SOH Land!

Here we go, left UMII (Vitebsk, hehe spelled it this time) for UUEE (sheremetyevo, these names keep up like this, need someone else to spell them). Now for the question of the day: Why in the heck would we be flying German jets into Moscow, seem like a bad idea! Well, any way we did it. No dumb mistake this time with the exception of yours truly, getting low on fuel and one engine quit on final, Got a little hairy, but we kind of landed a little side ways, and it was a pistol trying to taxi with just one engine! Now we need to fuel up and get the heck out of Dodge!

Hey there!

Having problems with this here computor, so just a short note.

Avery nice flight from UUEE (sheremetyevo) to UUOB (Belgorod). Only problem this flight is again I hit the wrong button and dropped my external tanks again, will I ever learn!

Into UGEE Yerevan, Armenia today. (Willy had just blinked out of sight when I took the photo).

Hi there,

We were off again after some engine problems. We left URKM (Mayhop) to UGEE (Yereran) all in all it was a good flight. Yep, folks, I did feel out of place with those crazy flying wings. Enough said see you all next time.

Hehe here I am again.

Just some ramdon pictures. One of these pictures it looks like I will be flying with Batman (H-229s). I flew ahead to Ashgabat (UTAA) from Ramsar (OINR) to check out if any of those bad guys from,not going to mention it, would come up and take a few pot shots at us.....But I made thru without any problems. I think!

It seems there was a slight problem with my landing at Jalabad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1 Oops.jpg  
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Hey there!

Just three photos from last nights flight. We are preparing for our flight from OAMN (Maimana) to OAJL (Jalalabad) which turned out to be a good flight, and we had some fireworks put forth by an H-229. Cya later.

Into the interior of Nepal. Thankfully the weather was optimal.

Hey folks,

Here are a few shots of the F-86E that we are driving into Nepal. shucks, Moses forgot to mention that we have been mowing the grass in the last two landing we have made. So far, all aircraft have taking off from the last short grassy runways. Now, this maybe a little different we have some steep hill around VNTR (Tumlingtar). Something is fishie, there are some scrap metal trucks parked near the runway. Huh, interesting.

Hello

Just a couple of photos of Flight 19 flight from VNTR (TumlingTar) to VEIM (Imphal). One was taken before takeoff and the other after landing.

I'll be darn, here we are again.

Nice flight from Imphal (VEIM) to Kengtung (VYKG), Darn, it getting harder and harder to spell this here places, and I sure ain't going to try to say them. Well folks, we are now on our way to Hanoi, and I have no idea why. Some conversation about where we will be flying after Hanoi, and it looks like we maybe like the old tramp steamer of old just traveling to little known places. A couple of things, Things should be interesting, and I hope all the folks are friendly. Oh, one more thing, sure hope they have a McDonalds. hehe.

LOL, here we are again,

We left Kengtung (VYKG) and with all are glory flew onto Hanoi (VVNB). Along the way, while day dreaming, I spotted a couple of Mig-15s, and so I thought I would have a little fun. It didn't last to long they put the metal to the pedal, or whatever pedal to the metal, any way they took off like a pair of hunting falcons. I just fired a quick burst just to let them know I was there. hehe. I really think they didn't care I was even around. Then the weather turned sour on us, and all the way into Hanoi couldn't see a thing for the doggone fog.I couldn't find the airport, and for sure I thought someone stole the bloody airport. When I did see it I was a little over speed and high, so full speed brakes and flap, throttle full back and diving. hehe. Susprise, We all landed safetly!

Hi again,

Here are some pictures from flight 19 from Hanoi (VVNB) to DaNang (VVDN) I deverted from the flight plan and headed for the coast of Vietnam to check out some of the places where a little bit of fighting may have taken place. And to do some fun flying. Note pictue, flying upside down, and doing a few rolls etc. Now thats what I call fun, maybe next time will have time to play a little cat and mouse.

Hello,

%$#&*^# darn picture taking machine just took black pictures except for the one where we landed. A nice flight from DaNang (VVDN) to Hochiminh (VVTS)(Saigon). Doing a little R&R here in Saigon, really getting all the needed paper work done so we can contintue on our junket. Seem having some American fighter jets, and one jet from Sweden have caused some concerns here. The Migs no problem. Wow! the city sure has changed since the last time we were here. hehe.

It's me.

We are back in the air again after a little R&R in Saigon (VVTS) and headed for (VTSM) Samui. A well known tourist spot, but due to our travel agent we are blowing in, blowing off, and blowing out. No R&R here! Alas, it was a good flight we were three out of five flying, and the two other should catch up today. The Mig and Cutlass needed some little repairs.

Some one along the flight called MM's plane a PORKY SWEDE, hehe, but when that PORKY hit Altitude it flew like a bat out of heck. Darn, I had a heck of a time trying to keep up with PORKY!

Just a couple of shots of before and after from our flight from Suamui (VTSM) to Kerteh (WMKE). Enjoying the flight so much forgot to take any more pictures. Oops!

Howdy,

Just a couple of snaps of last nights flight. Today is another R&R time, will see you again Tuesday morning.

Did a little trading
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2014-sep-22-001.jpg  

• Whoa! it looks like that cat is loaded for bear.......! Nice plane Willy, see you tonight.

Bent the wings a little bit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2014-sep-25-001.jpg  

Here are some shots of the Flight 19 flight on the 24th.

Wow! its a good morning here in New Mexico!

Had a great flight from WGBB to WBKL, But, we the pilots of flight 19 was wondering where in the heck are we? I think that the next junket, our great and what ever, Travel agent will need to go with us, and maybe he just might get lost in some water town in some small country.

I think Willy is a born horse trader here with all the aircrafts he seems to find in some of the far away places we travel! The high light of our flights is"What the heck is he going to fly this time!"

CYA later

Good morning

A few pictures from last nights flight. All in all a very nice flight. We landed at a place I have no idea where it is, and no McDonalds! But what the heck, we ain't been here before so that is something.

My pic from last night...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2014-sep-26-002.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 3