Poof!

Thread: Poof!

Poof!

Well, I had an interesting thing happen to mee yesterday. My GPS freaking DISSAPEARED from FS9. A couple of days ago it was working fine and then yesterday it just didn't show up when I asked it to. Neither simicon nor keystroke could bring it forth.

To the best of my recollection I haven't done anything (volitionally, at least) to delete or hide it. Anybody have any advice/guidance that might help me figure out
    1. Where it went
    and, better yet
    2. How to go about getting it back?

I rely on that little bugger a lot, so anything/everything would be GREATLY appreciated.

LA
    ...things will go as they will; and there's no use hurrying to meet them.

Have you tried to restore original fs9gps.cab?

Icon5 Did you install this.....

Thanks, JDT! I never thought that might happen so I just installed as per usual. Got the fix and will execute ASAP.

LA

I hate to be seen as TOTALLY inept, but I searched the load discs an was not able to locate the gps9.cab file. I've retrieved files before but just can't find this one. How should I proceed?

LA

Disc2\MSGAME3.cab

Insert Disc 2, then go to (My) Computer and right-click the CD icon and choose Open or Explore. If you have something like 7Zip, WinZip, or WinRar, open MSGAME3.cab with that - otherwise, just double-click it. Look for fs9gps.cab and drag it to your desktop or straight into your fs9\gauges folder. Don't try to extract its contents.

That should get your GPS back in working order.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I had the exact same thing happen after I downloaded the Yak1 by Patrice Grange.The gauges file had another fs9gps folder in it and that replaced the stock gps.I did as Tom said and all is right with the world again(the simulator world).

Thanks, Tom. The .cab was located on disc #2 and replaced and, as they so often say, all is right with the world (at least as far as gps9.cab is concerned).

LA

Members who have read this thread: 2