Rob Richardson's DH.125 Jet Dragon - released
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rob Richardson's DH.125 Jet Dragon - released

Rob Richardson's DH.125 Jet Dragon - released

Go get it!
    http://www.robertjamesrichardson.co.uk/index.html

Many thanks for this lovely contribution, Rob.

Cheers to Rob for this jet ... gonna go log some time now !!! Mike

Great! Onto it like a Seagull after a piece of hot fat.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Just a question and a suggestion: The aircraft vibrates while on the ground, engines off. Actually it isn't just the airplane, the entire screen vibrates, does anyone else see that? It would be great to have the Radar as a pop-up. I thought I would do that myself, but apparently the keys are programmed in the mdl as there is no texture for the artwork as far as I can tell. Beautiful airplane though, easy to hand fly and just has a nice feel to it. Another masterpiece by Rob!!

One other question Rob. . . .is there any chance that this airframe could be modified to become a "SaberLiner"? The exterior looks very close and with the horizontal stab lowered it would have the outward appearance of a Saberliner. I realize it's never "that" easy, especially when considering that while it may "look" close to a Saberliner, it may take much more to modify it than to just start from scratch, and it's just a question, nothing more. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Rob - had a fly yesterday - was superb.

Like Ed said, flies so smoothly - a real winner. Have never heard the Viper previously, so that's a new unique sound that added to the novelty of having a DH 125 in the sim for the first time ever.

All in all - a lovely bird, from a different genre that has been less developed - and very much enjoyed.

Take care,

DL

SOH-CM-2023
    Ed, Not had the vibrate problem, but then I've not sat there cold & dark! Must try it. will keep you posted.
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    . . . .is there any chance that this airframe could be modified to become a "SaberLiner"? The exterior looks very close and with the horizontal stab lowered it would have the outward appearance of a Saberliner. I realize it's never "that" easy, especially when considering that while it may "look" close to a Saberliner, it may take much more to modify it than to just start from scratch, and it's just a question, nothing more. Thanks.
    Hello falcon,
    I know just what you are saying about the "Sabreliner", I suppose it is from about the same era as the "125", not sure when that one first flew though.
    To alter the "125" would be a complete rebuild from the ground up but it would make a very nice project!

RobR

ps not seen the vibration problem but will have a look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by robcarrich View Post
    Hello falcon,
    I know just what you are saying about the "Sabreliner", I suppose it is from about the same era as the "125", not sure when that one first flew though.
    To alter the "125" would be a complete rebuild from the ground up but it would make a very nice project!

RobR

ps not seen the vibration problem but will have a look into it.
    Thanks for answering Rob. . .kinda what I figured, lol. I have had at least one other person verify a "vibration" of their screen when sitting with engines off. . . .but some who also don't see it....A gremlin perhaps, lol

Mine doesn't vibrate so I don't know if this applies or not. Years ago I had a couple of projects that "vibrated" on the ground engines on or off. I looked closely at the screen and it appeared everything was oscillating in yaw. I increased the yaw MOI in the aircraft.cfg file and that took care of it. Don't know if this is it, but I thought it was worth a mention.

Best, Paul

Thanks, Rob!

Flightglobal articles from '61 and '62:
    http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchi...0-%200704.html
    http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchi...0-%202908.html

-E:

Is the paintkit on your homepage?

Might take a few minutes and slap an N-number on there as there are/were few of these birds in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by PutPut View Post
    Mine doesn't vibrate so I don't know if this applies or not. Years ago I had a couple of projects that "vibrated" on the ground engines on or off. I looked closely at the screen and it appeared everything was oscillating in yaw. I increased the yaw MOI in the aircraft.cfg file and that took care of it. Don't know if this is it, but I thought it was worth a mention.

Best, Paul
    Hello Paul,
    Just had a look at that and you are quite right, I had a play around with the MOI section and came up with the following settings.
    I hadn't noticed this vibration on my computer but there was definitely a small amount of movement when I looked closely.
    Anyway, if you set the MOI values as below all will be just fine.
    Thank you Paul.

empty_weight_roll_MOI=50000
    empty_weight_pitch_MOI=50000
    empty_weight_yaw_MOI=70000
    empty_weight_coupled_MOI=0.00000

RobR

That took care of it. . .thanks Paul and Rob.

Sorry but I put one zero too many, see revised values!

RobR

Hello Rob,

Ah, thank you for these new values ​​of MOI, now cancel the vibrate I had too!
    it also seems to me that the front gear have not a compression, for braking it seems not to sink!
    However thank you for this excellent work!
    Cordially.

Alain

-

Lovely aircraft, many thanks for this.
    I'm just hoping that someone will do a red and white Dominie repaint, please.

Rob,
    Fantastic job!!
    Thank you for all the time and effort you put into this aircraft....
    This one will be in my hanger for a long time!
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Thanks Rob...only just had a chance to try it out.

Matt

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Great aircraft, thanks for your hard work, it's really and truly appreciated. The sound is great as these were noisy beasts.

Bob

Dh125

I would like to say nice work and the last De Havilland design. I have a major snag in that when I load the aircraft it loads correctly with no textures or graphics missing and in a cold n dark state (my standard flight start situation) the aircraft proceeds to literally bounce about going left and right up and down like a bit of a jig. I can start the engines and with crash detection off get airborne and it seems to behave normally but will not stop still on the ground, any ideas? Never seen this before with any other sim model.

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    I would like to say nice work and the last De Havilland design. I have a major snag in that when I load the aircraft it loads correctly with no textures or graphics missing and in a cold n dark state (my standard flight start situation) the aircraft proceeds to literally bounce about going left and right up and down like a bit of a jig. I can start the engines and with crash detection off get airborne and it seems to behave normally but will not stop still on the ground, any ideas? Never seen this before with any other sim model.
    Have you got FSX acceleration installed?

Next paint is the Swiss Chartag-operated HB-VAG. Should be up on FlightSim.com tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3319654.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	over birmingham UK.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	9069
    She's a beauty! Flew her a couple days ago over Birmingham, UK Thanks Rob
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Great and beautiful aircraft.
    Thank's Rob.