Werneuchen airbase scenery over at Avsim

Thread: Werneuchen airbase scenery over at Avsim

Werneuchen airbase scenery over at Avsim

This is intresting scenery for the former East Germany----

Category: Flight Simulator 2004 - Scenery
    New! EDBW - Airfield Werneuchen
    Images related to this file:

File Description:
    In 1945 the airfield was occupied by the Red Army and afterwards used by the 16th Air Army. During the early 1950 s the airfield was expanded under utilisation of the existing infrastructure. By building a 2500m long concrete runway, the necessary conditions to allow the deployment of the IL-28 and Jak-28 bomber squadrons, were created. Since 1971 the airfield was further expanded, amongst other things special arms depots of the type Granit 2 were built. Simultaneously the reconnaissance aircraft MiG-25 was based in Werneuchen. In 1991 the airfield was left by the GSSD and afterwards in civil use. Today there are a concrete plant and a solar park in the northern part. The runway was shortened to 1500m. This scenery shows the airfield situation in a period some when between 2012 and 2013.

Filename: werneuchen_2013.zip
    License: Freeware
    Added: 4th June 2014, 13:29:43
    Downloads: 155
    Author: Frithjof Koch, Matthias Ewald, Volker Loew
    Size: 7741kb
    Although this is model'd on how the airfield looks now, do hope there's a retro version in the pipeline, i like the idea of Mig 25's, belive there on Mike Pearson to-do list, although, i didnt realise 25's were station'd in east Germany.
    cheers ian

Shall have to check that out. Presumably with a bit of judicious editing & extending the runway that could be backdated to the WarPac era.
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    Shall have to check that out. Presumably with a bit of judicious editing & extending the runway that could be backdated to the WarPac era.
    No problem by deleting according files. However LC folder seems changing anything.

Bernard

Werneuchen in WW II

Hallo,
    can some one please tell me which files must be delated from the actual scene to have more the impression as Werneuchen has been in the time 1939 to 1945?
    I searched about pictures and plans about as the airfield was in Luftwaffe era, but found anything to use. Can some one indicate me where to find ?
    This airfield might be interesting because it was the test ground for armament and radio equipment for the former Luftwaffe.
    So it is interesting for me to reproduce it as it was.

Happy landings
    Papi

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelvader View Post
    Hallo,
    can some one please tell me which files must be delated from the actual scene to have more the impression as Werneuchen has been in the time 1939 to 1945?
    I searched about pictures and plans about as the airfield was in Luftwaffe era, but found anything to use. Can some one indicate me where to find ?
    This airfield might be interesting because it was the test ground for armament and radio equipment for the former Luftwaffe.
    So it is interesting for me to reproduce it as it was.

Happy landings
    Papi

Hi Papi, the guys who have released Werneuchen can be found here: http://forum.ddr-flugzeuge.de/viewfo...1f97c37cc9d9eb

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by michaelvader View Post
    By force of circumstance probably all!

Bernard

Members who have read this thread: 15