Cessna U206G Soloy Mark I Turbine Conversion project
Contribute Now
Goal amount for this year: 10000 USD, Received: 9,430.00 USD (94%)
Welcome Back, Unregistered     Today's Date:       Current Time: 

Please Support the SOH "2020 Charter Membership Drive"

Accepted Payment Types

Page 1 of 16 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Cessna U206G Soloy Mark I Turbine Conversion project

Cessna U206G Soloy Mark I Turbine Conversion project

Since 1983 Soloy has produced nearly 80 Cessna 206 conversions using the 418 HP Rolls-Royce / Allison 250-C20S Turboshaft engine combined with Soloy’s Patented Turbine-Pac gearbox drive system. The conversion adds extreme reliability, versatility and performance to the already tough Cessna 206 airframe. It is also one of the quietest high-performance singles available giving the Soloy 206 high marks as a neighbor-friendly aircraft. The Soloy Cessna 206s are used world-wide for a variety of applications ranging from Police surveillance to skydiving.

It is my first turbine plane project for FSX/P3D. First shot:

Hope you like it.

Always three Greens

Thomas

niiiiiiiiiice..ill be looking forward to having this in my hanger for certin.

YES!!! Awesome work Thomas. I know it's way too early to ask, but will there be float variants?

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

First, I will do the Mark I Conversation. Yes, float vaiants are on my list. Later on project I will start Mark II Conversation.

For both, Pilot Manuals are needed. Any help is more than welcome.

Thomas

Project update: the texture mapping is almost done. I compiled it as an aircraft in FSX for the first time. The very first steps are done. Now I have to correct a lot of things like rudders or engine cowling in exterior.

Thomas

looking nice
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

WIP-Update

This bird was the initial to build a Soloy. D-ETHW was used as a skydive aircraft in Southwest of Germany in Mannheim area and was sold three years ago to Poland. Today it is SP-ASI and wears the same painting.

Thomas

Looks awesome!
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Great! We just had one of these rare things stop by our airport a few weeks back!

Noone knew what it was - I thought it was a 207 but then I noticed the exhaust manifold when it taxied past the tower

FAA FCM ATCT
    PPL ASEL

|Win7 x64 | Gigabyte P67A UD4 B3 | Intel i5 2500k @ 4GHz | eVGA GTX980 | 4x4 GB DDR3 RAM | 500GB Samsung 840 Evo SSD | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint | 120GB Mushin Callisto SSD | 36GB Raptor | 250GB Seagate | Seasonic X750w | Corsair 650D|

Nice shot, @ryanbatc, thank you for sharing. Working on exterior modelling is going on. New are 3d-pilot and skydiving doors and steps.

Project is going on: I got the Pilot Manual of this unique bird. The turbine engine, VC and cabin working are the next steps...

Thomas

Great work, Thomas - looking really good!

Freeware or payware?

Either way looks great!
    FAA FCM ATCT
    PPL ASEL

|Win7 x64 | Gigabyte P67A UD4 B3 | Intel i5 2500k @ 4GHz | eVGA GTX980 | 4x4 GB DDR3 RAM | 500GB Samsung 840 Evo SSD | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint | 120GB Mushin Callisto SSD | 36GB Raptor | 250GB Seagate | Seasonic X750w | Corsair 650D|

The Soloy U206Gs will be freeware.

Exterior models of Mark I are nearly complete. Floating version is on the way. Both D-ETUA and D-EJNB are current models with 5-blade propeller, flying in Germany for skydiving services at EDME Eggenfelden, Bavaria.

Thanks for the previews, it's looking amazing!

One of Exterior is missing:

WIP, first try.

Looks fantastic! Thanks for the updates.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

She looks GREAT!!!! I am looking forward to this one!! VERY nice work!

Don BP

Great work! Looking forward to this.
    Cheers, Bert

Intel i7-4790K, 8 GB RAM, MSI GTX 970, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Prepar3D 4.5

Gear and water rudder animations are done after a long time of try and error. 3- and 5-blade versions are done.

Always three Greens

Thomas

thanks for all your hard work - looking forward to the final aircraft.

Work is going on. WIP. Hope you like it.

Thomas

I was wondering what had happened to this project. This is looking GREAT!!! Many are looking forward to this one!!!

Don

Members who have read this thread: 9