A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Sounds

Description: I started this project with little knowledge of how sim sound works. I love the B-58 and fly it often and the most disappointing part of the sim was the tower view and flyby modes where I would think" how can a monster jet with 4- J79s sound so quiet "? Some of the problem was my own sound setup but upon learning more and more about sound files and the buying the FSSS program, I think I have gotten the sound of the" beast" in flyby and tower view just right. Never saw a B-58 fly but I have been to several airshows and I think I have a very good idea what sound means to immersion.
This is a reworked sound config file for the Glowing Heat B-58 hustler for FSX. The file uses the stock sounds but I have added sound cone lines to the config to basically "beef up the flyby and tower view modes in the sim. When I tested the files, I found a computer's sound system setup is critical. My particular system is a 5.1 onboard RealTek for Asus sound system. The center speaker is critical for most of the sounds exterior and interior.
I would advise getting familiar with the mixer in the computer control panel. That device makes all the difference in what you hear and do not. On a 5.1 system, the front left and right spreakers interior will give you the wind sound, The rear 2 speakers interior will give you more or less engine sound in the cockpit. The center speaker interior gives all other sounds related to the cockpit.
The front left and right speakers exterior view will provide some engine sounds as well as the rear left and right. But the bulk of the engine sound comes from the center speaker and the sub woofer adds the bass. So it is critical to setup your computer onboard sound or sound card Eq to what suits your taste. I have tried the sound config with stereo and quad setups and they work fine. But the best sound came from the 5.1 setup.
The very best sound setup came from a 5.1 confiquration and using a pair of headphones into the green colored jack on the back or in my case I have a front computer green colored jack. Total immersion with the headphones. Thanks to David Bushell for permission to share the sound config. I usually just open the B-58 sound folder and rename the config to .bak and then copy and paste the new config. Then if you want to go back to the stock config it is a matter of just renaming.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit GlowingHeat B-58 Sound.zip
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.