Man builds flight simulator in his bedroom

Thread: Man builds flight simulator in his bedroom

Man builds flight simulator in his bedroom

Hi Guys,
    Just found this on one of my News pages Man builds flight simulator in his bedroom Plane enthusiast Richard Hutchinson can fly around the world without laving home, after he built the cockpit of a Boeing 737-800 in his bedroom.

I read more about him. He spent over 10,000 English pounds building it. Some might say that is crazy (I wouldn't!), but then again, I have spent way more than that on a boat, motorcycle, etc.... I guess it's all in what one considers important! NC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I read more about him. He spent over 10,000 English pounds building it. Some might say that is crazy (I wouldn't!), but then again, I have spent way more than that on a boat, motorcycle, etc.... I guess it's all in what one considers important! NC
    That's so true.
    My system would have cost about 9,000.00 US. But I have been able to use materials from around my property, Cockpits made up of PVC pipes, Dashes made from scrap aluminum from grandpa's G21, thrift store towers that I rebuilt to what I needed, 6 projectors that turn my spare room into a live environment.
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

Like this comment
    “She is not really interested, but she doesn’t mind me having it,” he added. “She says at least she knows where I am."

£10,000. Cheaper than the real thing and he can't crash the house.

While I have a tremendous respect for someone with that much dedication, I couldn't be happy with such a specific cockpit. I fly an ecclectic mix of aircraft; hardly any of which have glass cockpits. If I could figure out how to build a generic single seat cockpit with working steam gauges I could really have some fun!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pfflyers View Post
    While I have a tremendous respect for someone with that much dedication, I couldn't be happy with such a specific cockpit. I fly an ecclectic mix of aircraft; hardly any of which have glass cockpits. If I could figure out how to build a generic single seat cockpit with working steam gauges I could really have some fun!
    I know that feeling.....
    I have 7 different cockpits made up. With a quick change of a few little things here and their, I can fly most every aircraft I have in my collection.
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

Members who have read this thread: 92