NEUWUC support and updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NEUWUC support and updates

Icon26 NEUWUC support and updates

NEUWUC - Naval Engagement!, Underway!, Underway_Captain! and Captain! are all free as in free beer. All files are hosted over at http://fsx-miramar.webs.com . I will use this thread to post updates to all four programs.

U/W version #105 dll is now available. It fixes a minor bug whereby some platforms were not appearing after implementing the "standard" numbering of all platforms.

The NE! server may go down anytime tonight (16 JUN 2014 or in the next day or so) as the hosting service (UCClouds.com) is migrating us to a redundent server. This is good.

I will issue (probably tomorrow) a new U/W dll and new UC! and Captain! exes.

The NE! server has been moved and is now back up and running 24/7.
    On the MFC site (http://fsx-miramar.webs.com) is the link to the new Underway! dll. This is a mandatory download as previous versions will not be able to connect to the (non-existant) server. Look for underway_fsx_107.7z in the downloads sticky.

Underway #108 is now available on the MFC site. Fixes chocks (on moving ships) and a bug in the TACAN gauge.

#109 is available

Fixes a minor math error in the chocks.
    Updates platform roll/pitch rates to be consistent with the new platform ids.

#110 available for U/W. More fixes for the chocks. Turns out the the complex formula used for steering platforms long distances doesn't work so well for short ranges (ie 200-400 feet), causing, on the Deltasim DDGs, a differential of 6 degrees, which although small, puts a helo which landed centerline over the port netting on the flight deck. Tested east and west. Not sure if it'll work or need to be tweaked for north/south...
    "Being good is not enough when you dream of being great"
    Author of NEUWUC family of programs

U/W 111 is now available -

This fixes the tacan ids ending in Y - the previous freq was .1 when it should have been .5 .

Also this should fix the "floating" altitude problem when chocks are on... this is a MANDATORY download as the server will be expecting the new/corrected chock message... without the dll you won't be able to chock.

New Underway Captain! program is also available... this fixes the IP address to the new NE! server and is also mandatory as the old UC will not connect to the server.

Thought I'd drop a line since it's been a while. We're having trouble with FSX maintaining created platforms. Let me explain - scenery refresh - this occurs when NE! tells UC! the current location of your platform at startup. FSX then moves you to your NE! position and reloads the scenery which can take a loong time - almost 3 minutes in some cases. So, what's happening is that any platform created before the scenery is refreshed (in UC!) is live. Anything created after the scenery refresh is instantly dropped (well according to the simconnect.log within about 0.1 seconds) and subsequent calls to update the platforms' positions are met with an EXCEPTION=3 - no such id, because FSX has issued a ObjectAddDelete call per the log. I have no idea why FSX/Simconnect is issuing this destruction command... I've commented out everything but the update position handling. Anyone that might have a clue as to why this behavior has suddenly appeared (after 5 years of testing) is more than welcome to advise me.

This behavior does not seem to happen in U/W, though you sometimes have to restart U/W in order to get all the platforms to appear - and the programs use the exact same file to handle the positon updates. But U/W uses gauges (.dll), whereas UC! uses a .exe. Pulling my hair out over this one....

Underway_Captain! #68 now available.

Turns out that you have to respond to simconnect (via myDispatchProcRD function call) more than 8 Frames per second... 16 seems to do the trick.

U/W update available

#112 is now available.

This adds the U-2 with id#s 2000000-2099999

New U/W - #113
    New UC - #68

After weeks of hair pulling I fixed a couple of minor bugs - and, the b iggie which was most of the cause, was accidently setting the latitude=longtitude. Must have done something weird to cause this in the last six months. It caused FS to report an error - but not in the initial position information - which is where I was expecting it. It actually gave the error when I told fsx to release the platform to my control. So, no more cycling of the U/W switch to see platforms and missiles with smoke are working once again! Woo Hoo! Can't wait to get some video of the action...

New NEUWUC programs available.

This change adds new radars and sonars in use aboard the Seawolf class of submarines.

There is now a new names.txt file. See the sticky on the MFC site for the download. This file is a *must* if you want to let the sonarmen be able to classify and tell you the name of the platform they are getting sounds from - otherwise, they'll only be able to tell you UNKNOWN or FRIENDLY. Put the file in the underway folder of FSX. You *will* need this if you plan on participating in the Operation Amber battle(s) taking place. See the http://fsx-miramar.webs.com site for details

I also updated the Underway Installer, which includes this file.

Icon23

As a result of our current Mexican/Cuban/Russian "battle group" versus Task Group 24 encounters, there are lots of additions to the user interface to implement, mostly dealing with torpedos and submarines. So far we have a DDG and one FFG in flames, and a Foxtrot that got really lucky in an encounter with a MK-46 torpedo. Look forward to many improvements to come.

New U/W, UC, and Captain. Changes:

1. When you receive an UNDERWATER_EXPLOSION message it will pop up a message requester telling to the bearing - and in the case of sonobuoy also the buoy id received on.
    2. No more passive esm reports about passive sonars - if you get one tell me.
    3. SONAR PROPS messages should now have a speed associated in the esm_report. If not let me know.
    4. REARM switch will now rearm the aircraft with weapons in the loadout file. Same weapon loaded on pylon = 0 minute wait. weapon on empty pylon=5 minute wait, replace a weapon with a different weapon = 10 minute wait.
    5. The Attach button in UC & Captain now is a momentary button.
    6. The first item on the ESM report should always be own ship - if not let me know.
    7. Underwater explosions will now be heard at 50 times the receiver's direct path range.

U/W #116 available.

This should show all switches in their proper position upon starting U/W. Exceptions include master arm switches and the ELT Receiver.

Also this fixes some "twitching motion" on platforms caused by the first esm message not always being own platform.

Camp Pendleton Video

I know it's months late but here's the video we took of Camp pendleton to show off NEUWUC's capabilities two years ago....

Underway #117 is now available. This fixes

1. Platform crabbing (magnetic versus true course).
    2. Additional checking added for positional data being sent to server.
    3. Blanking radar do to recent change where first ESM message is no longer own ship.

A 30 minute video describing Underway!, its gauges, and systems

U/W #118 is posted at fsx-miramar.webs.com
    This fixes a recent bug whereby sonobuoys were not showing up on the panel.

New UC/Captain up. This fixes a problem with turning on/off the TACAN transmitter and setting the frequency. The server had been set to require the TACAN to be on - now it just need not be destroyed to set the frequency.

Also added 12 new Russian torpedoes - yes, including nukes - the damage from them being 2000 points - enough to sink any platform - although I have not (yet) added collateral damage to nearby platforms. I'm still mulling over what to do about that.

U/W 119 is up, as well as new UC and Captain.

This adds 3 Russian helicopters - MI-15, KA-25 and KA-27. It also adds new Russian sonobuoys (RGB-1 and RGB-75).

Enjoy!

russian_corvettes.7z is now available - this contains three small ships - Tarantul II, Poti, and Turya. All three are quick and dirty - no textures, they just vaguely look like them. For use in the upcoming ASW/ASUW engagement off the coast of Mayport., FL and Cuba/Grenada

New Underway_Captain! and Captain! (75 and 33) available.

Fixes a bug whereby if a bad message comes in and it's length=0 it won't go into an infinite loop.
    Adds error messages if your platform is:

repairing in a shipyard - and you aren't in one
    trying to fuel - and you aren't in a refueling area
    trying to load ammunition - and you aren't in an ammo depot.

Members who have read this thread: 1