A2A Cherokee is here!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A2A Cherokee is here!

A2A Cherokee is here!

Go get her boys, shes a beauty!
    https://www.a2asimulations.com/store/

Cheers
    TJ

"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Now that really looks like a Cherokee!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

First flight from KDXR to KBDL was really nice, both hand flying and tried out the AP. Be sure to read the documentation on it's use....it is different than the typical BK AP.

Just like the real Cherokee, the A2A Cherokee very stable and easy to hand fly. I hand flew the GPS LPV approach into KBDL...easiest airplane I have ever flown an approach in.

RXP users be sure to check the RXP FAQ notes on the A2A Cherokee Tech forum.

All in all, another A2A masterpeice.

Cheers
    TJ

ps...DX10ers, be sure to run Steves DX10 fixer after installing the Cherokee.
    Last edited by pilottj; May 27th, 2014 at 09:40.
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Needs a stickie! Got a stickie
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

absolute brilliant. Hand flying at its best

some more screenies

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Do you guys get VC shadows in DX10? I don't and can not enable them with Steve's fixer. Already asked over at A2A.

Charter Member 2015
    Can you have it without the ACCU-SIM installed?

David

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Do you guys get VC shadows in DX10? I don't and can not enable them with Steve's fixer. Already asked over at A2A.
    I've got em in mine

yes and no. Accu-sim is installed at the same time as the plane, but theres a button where you can turn it off when you load the plane.
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Charter Member 2015
    Thanks for the very quick reply!!!

David

Quote Originally Posted by pilottj View Post

ps...DX10ers, be sure to run Steves DX10 fixer after installing the Cherokee.
    Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by griphos View Post
    Why is that?
    Some of the light textures like beacon and landing light are fixed when running DX10 fixer.

Here are the rest of the shots from this trip. Already have 5hrs logged on the plane lol. I did a speed test at 6000' which is optimum altitude for the Hershey winged Cherokee. With speed mods attached and redline power setting showing about 135KTAS. As with accusim and real planes, flying at redline isn't a wise thing to do. Most of the trip I flew at 8500', leaned for power at 2550RPM, yielding around 124KTAS

Landed at a gusty and stormy Niagra Intl. The Cherokee's stable ride made for relatively painless NDB approach and landing. This is an excellent plane for practicing IAPs.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Okay, thanks. Which part of the fixer do I run again?

You just have to turn on Steve's DX10 fixer and it should tell you there are new effects files that were recently installed to update or something, you press ok, it does its thing, and you are done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Pepere View Post

David
    Why would you want an A2A plane without Accu-sim?

Last time I flew a Cherokee was in 1984, perhaps its time to re-acquaint myself with the type. Enjoyed it then and probably will do the same again!

Martin

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyjo View Post
    Why would you want an A2A plane without Accu-sim?

I like to fly but without all the fuss of the real thing. To many aircraft to remember all the little things if you have to fly it like real.. Would be okay if I only had one or two planes!

David

I have put 10hrs on the plane so far, flown day, night, VFR, IFR, calm weather, stormy weather, flown LPV, ILS, NDB, and Visual approaches. Everything works perfectly, no bugs, glitches, or crashes at all. The one thing I thought was a minor bug is actually feature lol. The night lighting is beautiful, functional, and at realistic levels.

I would be very hard pressed to 'demote' my beloved BTS RV-7 to 'second' favorite GA, but this Cherokee is something special. Sure, it isn't exactly a speed demon, but it has lots of character and what a sweetheart to fly. I could hand fly approaches all day in it. It's simple S-Tec AP has no glideslope or VS control. Who needs that stuff anyway when this plane flies so wonderfully by hand.

Cheers
    TJ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Icon14

Another masterpiece from A2A!

Only A2A gives you a feeling of what it means to own and operate a real airplane

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Oh ONLY 174 euro's on simmarket...

A bit steep for someone who works for a living...

Charter Member 2011
    thats only for the commercial version in p3d.

The FSX version is 45.08 euros

http://secure.simmarket.com/a2a-simu...tainment.phtml
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Quote Originally Posted by stiz View Post
    thats only for the commercial version in p3d.

The FSX version is 45.08 euros

http://secure.simmarket.com/a2a-simu...tainment.phtml
    Hold on, commercial and P3D is not on is it? LM clearly said that they would not be going commercial/retail. They have to. Because of the agreement they have with mickey$oft!

To anyone interested, Michael at A2A helped me find out that the "Force VC walls" option in Steve's fixer was responsible for not showing my shadows as it assumed the windows were opaque. Unticking that fixed it. Very good service by A2A, even for an issue not related directly with their product.

Members who have read this thread: 96