Revised Chipmunk - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Revised Chipmunk

Love the cockpit shadows!
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingManNeil View Post
    Funny, I don't remember Airfix or FROG getting into FS...

N.
    Naw, man, this is a Guillows sim addon.

Blog Entries
    Baz you have done some awesome work in the past but this is the best yet...takes me back to the 1983 Microprose flight sim Solo Flight. You are a genius Amigo. Yours is superior to that one and it sold for $99.00. I want to see more like this for FSX :O)))

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/170637657650?lpid=82
    Ted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5qZfFmBNaM
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Naw, man, this is a Guillows sim addon.
    Ahhh, yes. Guillows. The cutting edge in stealth and aerodynamics R & D...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	No.55Jetstream.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	370.9 KB 
ID:	8668

N.

Cute. This really would be interesting to see for the sim, and also serves as an apparently effective distraction away from the currently identified issues with the "other" Chipmunk.

Hopefully we'll see this novelty released for fun, and the developer will choose to at least acknowledge those points made in the other thread for the proper aircraft, rather than just make light of those pointing out their concerns through exercises such as this.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingManNeil View Post
    Ahhh, yes. Guillows. The cutting edge in stealth and aerodynamics R & D...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	No.55Jetstream.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	370.9 KB 
ID:	8668

N.
    Ah, how many hot, humid, summer evenings did a similar model airplane take me away to distant lands! Every once in a while, you got it trimmed just perfect, and had a perfect takeoff and landing, pure Heaven!

Forget FSDS, Gmax, 3ds, Blender, etc. My next project will be done with a pair of scissors and a piece of cardboard. Very Cutting Edge!

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by PutPut View Post
    Forget FSDS, Gmax, 3ds, Blender, etc. My next project will be done with a pair of scissors and a piece of cardboard. Very Cutting Edge!
    Tsk tsk! An X-Acto razor saw gave a much cleaner cut! I see they're still made, too...
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Bah! Pilot's head too small............that's a definite deal breaker for me.
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Everyone said it ... Its just .. Just .. Just Friggen Brilliant ! , look at that texture

" the developer will choose to at least acknowledge those points made in the other thread for the proper aircraft, rather than just make light of those pointing out their concerns through exercises such as this"

or what?

For those interested, there is also a cardboard Spitfire available here int the FSX files:

Card_Mk1A.zip

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    " the developer will choose to at least acknowledge those points made in the other thread for the proper aircraft, rather than just make light of those pointing out their concerns through exercises such as this"

or what?

For those interested, there is also a cardboard Spitfire available here int the FSX files:

Card_Mk1A.zip

Sad to see that developer arrogance is alive and well within the FS community, as exemplified above.

Hope you have a better day, and best of luck with your Chipmunk release. Luckily we have other devs out there who are able to listen to critiques. Understood if you do not wish to act on those observations or critiques, but ignoring, and especially mocking or disrespecting customers is the wrong way to go. Again, good luck with your "artistic interpretation" of the DHC-1.

Still looking forward to this cardboard model, looks like it could be fun (beyond serving as a device to divert criticism and mock potential customers).

Also, yes, I did see the portion of the comment a few hours ago that is now deleted...

Sincerely best wishes, as we're all in this niche community together.

Barry , I'll go you one better

Then off course .. Al and I went a little overboard

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    Sad to see that developer arrogance is alive and well within the FS community, as exemplified above.

Hope you have a better day, and best of luck with your Chipmunk release. Luckily we have other devs out there who are able to listen to critiques. Understood if you do not wish to act on those observations or critiques, but ignoring, and especially mocking or disrespecting customers is the wrong way to go. Again, good luck with your "artistic interpretation" of the DHC-1.

Still looking forward to this cardboard model, looks like it could be fun (beyond serving as a device to divert criticism and mock potential customers).

Also, yes, I did see the portion of the comment a few hours ago that is now deleted...

Sincerely best wishes, as we're all in this niche community together.

My dear chap,

I would sincerely suggest that you revisit your last few responses and have a good rethink.

At any time have I said I wouldn't listen? Did I not show you the wing profiles for example? Do you really think we don't listen?

At no time have I ever or will ever dis-respect a customer. How dare you even suggest such a thing.

The comment that got the last thread closed was by a developer and SOH person. That crosses the line in both professionalism and ethics. I have right of reply my friend. Take that away and we can all go home.

Nobody is being " arrogant" and I think you will find that a large majority of folks here would name me (after over 10 years of membership) as being the last person to be in any way "arrogant".

Developers in general produce this stuff to keep a hobby alive. Many recent posts have shown a saddening and increasing loss in humour and the ability to accept fun as a staple of this hobby. it is a game to be enjoyed. That is why you will find Microsoft have categorised it under Microsoft Games.

I say sad because these people will ultimately kill this hobby which for many including myself has been a source of relief from the stresses and tiresome problems of everyday life.

But, I believe, inevitably, developers will leave the hobby (as many already have) because they are heartily sick of the constant back-biting, inflammatory comment over $20 products that take insane amounts of time, effort and skill to produce. Tolerance and humour have always and traditionally held at bay the feeling that in a real world all developers are crazy to do this stuff for the remuneration they get. Your type of comment and others will certainly put the nails in the coffin. Congratulations and good luck indeed in trying to find a variety of inexpensive new releases for your hobby anytime soon.

You can close this now Roger, thankyou. They have succeeded in what they set out to do. Spoil things for everybody else.

Again not as Hi-tech as your cockpit Baz

Weapons loaded ... we could not complain .. Now were was that "TOPGUN" cassett again

Love the cardboard plane Baz!

SeanTK, please take a chillpill mate, its attitudes like yours that damage this small community of ours

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Again not as Hi-tech as your cockpit Baz

Weapons loaded ... we could not complain .. Now were was that "TOPGUN" cassett again
    Good grief Ian what on earth are you up to there...?

I'm with timbohobo on this. We've lost developers before who've got sick of the sniping and I would hate to see bazzar go the same way. Let's concentrate on the positive, e.g. is it an advance over the old Rick Piper Chipmunk? Do we want it or not? There's a newer Tiger Moth than bazzar's, but I know which I prefer. Bazzar's a developer, not a bushranger. If we don't want to hand over our cash we don't have to, but I know what my choice will be.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Members +
    I so would like more cardboard planes. Methinks we take this hobby of ours faar too seriously & we need more fun stuff.
    Imagine a fleet of cardboard planes.. How about a DC-3? a fast jet? Airbus?
    Love the paper panels as well.
    If I recall, many years ago, we had a paper plane as well.

Any scenery guru's out there to do a paper cut-out airport?

Ian, love the Skyhawk hahahaa, how far did you get? it certainly looks the part, or should I go looking for youtube vids?

Good grief Ian what on earth are you up to there...?
    One of the famed Christchurch/ Lyttleton birdman competitions long time ago 1989 .... not as fancy as your Chippy

Al, Allan did the flying and all the 12,000 plus people that turned up on the day were so disappointed being the only entrant not to get wet, heard the roar from the crowds "Throw him in" .... we did win the novel section.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbohobo View Post
    Ian, love the Skyhawk hahahaa, how far did you get? it certainly looks the part, or should I go looking for youtube vids?
    Thanks Tim, I left the VHS tape in Australia with Allan, I should get him to put on DVD.

My dear chap,

I would sincerely suggest that you revisit your last few responses and have a good rethink.

At any time have I said I wouldn't listen? Did I not show you the wing profiles for example? Do you really think we don't listen?

At no time have I ever or will ever dis-respect a customer. How dare you even suggest such a thing.

The comment that got the last thread closed was by a developer and SOH person. That crosses the line in both professionalism and ethics. I have right of reply my friend. Take that away and we can all go home.

Nobody is being " arrogant" and I think you will find that a large majority of folks here would name me (after over 10 years of membership) as being the last person to be in any way "arrogant".

Developers in general produce this stuff to keep a hobby alive. Many recent posts have shown a saddening and increasing loss in humour and the ability to accept fun as a staple of this hobby. it is a game to be enjoyed. That is why you will find Microsoft have categorised it under Microsoft Games.

I say sad because these people will ultimately kill this hobby which for many including myself has been a source of relief from the stresses and tiresome problems of everyday life.

But, I believe, inevitably, developers will leave the hobby (as many already have) because they are heartily sick of the constant back-biting, inflammatory comment over $20 products that take insane amounts of time, effort and skill to produce. Tolerance and humour have always and traditionally held at bay the feeling that in a real world all developers are crazy to do this stuff for the remuneration they get. Your type of comment and others will certainly put the nails in the coffin. Congratulations and good luck indeed in trying to find a variety of inexpensive new releases for your hobby anytime soon.

You can close this now Roger, thankyou. They have succeeded in what they set out to do. Spoil things for everybody else.
    Thanks Baz, well said and the thread will not be closed for such an honest and important comment. As I mentioned earlier in this thread you made my day with the humor injected into a topic about an aircraft that I am sure will be a great release. Keep up the good work and as always your efforts are always greatly appreciated.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Starting work on the bumpmaping.

Members who have read this thread: 147