[Ask] How to change Me163_599 / Me163B cockpit?
Page 1 of 13 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: [Ask] How to change Me163_599 / Me163B cockpit?

[Ask] How to change Me163_599 / Me163B cockpit?

Hi guys,
    just curious to this one as im not successfull to change the Me163_599 / Me163B cockpit using Ki-200 cockpit
    as i didnt see any Me163 using the propper cockpit and the closest is to use Ki-200 cockpit
    any advice how to do this?

i saw this site that someone had already made the propper Me163 but i guess he never release it
    http://stilz.mypage.cz/menu/letecka-...chmitt-me-163b

Thanks before

Wiekniera

You have mail.

Wow, that's a really nice model! Does anyone know Czech and could contact them about this?

@gecko
    i've already contact him gecko and here's what he said and maybe you guys can help him and contact him personaly
    i just received this email today and he still active i guess

"Hi Wiekniera,
    I wonder somebody knows about the CFS3 add-on yet
    well, as we know, the "never-release" marking of user created projects is a very common event...
    this seems is the case of the CFS3/FS Komet project too.

it is more than four years back Ive touched the airplane add-on, and I dunno hows the latest stage.
    at 2011 Ive tried to port a simplified Komet model into a self made arcade game, which have nothing to do with a real airplane simulation.
    this work never has been finished of course ))
    check my YT channel for more, samples here: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...y=komet+boreks
    or here
    http://stilz.mypage.cz/menu/ostatni-.../komet-fighter

I am creating racesim car add-ons latest years, some of them has been released already...
    http://simgarage.nolimit.cz/

Hope you guys could encourage him back again

here's another email he just sent it to me...looks like there's a green light..he will join this forum soon

"It would be great, finally finish it and release it public. It needs some seriously working and experienced moder which is ABLE to finish it in a short time.

I remember foggy why it isnt marked as finished
    * wrong physics
    * some gauge issues (warning lights)
    * the weapon logic didnt worked well
    * the airplane have no retractable gear, so the dolly needs to work like a bomb/empty fuel tank. after start needs to drop it out, landing should be possiblem with skid only
    * missing objects at cockpit right side (radio panel and oxygen pipes)
    * all the lever mesh could be modeled smoother
    * some texures should be made better "

Great news! I can handle several of those items:
    -physics - we have a couple decent FMs floating around that could easily be applied to this model with minor tweaking.

-weapons - depends on what isn't working, but I can likely fix it.

-takeoff - this has been done for other models and shouldn't be hard to adapt for this one.

-someone who knows something about gmax will need to take the other items, but I'd be more than happy to get the above items together myself.

@Gecko
    he said he already register at SOH but seems he can't post anything yet due to admin approval

hi to all Komet fans,
    I am glad there are some people they know about my ancient FS project

THE PROJECT HISTORY
    so, as you maybe know already, my first Komet model project was started at 1998, and has been transfered and reworked from CFS2 version (released) to a new CSF3 model version at 2002 - since this year actually didnt much changed, Ive only started to make better cockpit gauges, at 2008, shortly and at 2010, for some while.a small scream into darkess only, I would say
    at 2010 Ive discovered a free 3drad game editor at 3drad.com, so Ive decided try to "reborn" the Komet project and give to people some own made easy rocket flight game some day at leats. this of course is easy to say, but whorse to make
    coz I am years away from flightsim scene, I discovered few days first, that there is finally, finally a Komet add-on, which doesnt look like a crap - its the Me-163B from Flight Replicas. this is how I would do it for public release now

THE PROJECT LATEST/ACTUAL STAGE
    at 2010 Ive stopped to bother with the MSFS/CFS related work
    for the 3drad game model Ive fixed external texture mapping, canged some textures for cockpit base interiror, Ive removed all the 3d gauges, added the propeller, did a pilot animation, changed levers mesh for the pilot animations, Ive also created some AI B-17 model as a target.
    this all presenst videos on my YT channel...

why I am talking about the 3drad airplane game over and over, you can ask... its because the model is bit better in some small external model aspects andthat there exists two Komet models infact - the MSFS/CFS gmax source and the model for arcarde game...
    I would be happy I could merge the needed mesh into one "solution", I would be happy to fix the ugly low polygonal cpit instruments and repaint finally the tragical looking textures. I can do such things, but I have no time for it... :/

to be honest, I am not proud of the actual stage and that is why the model never has bene released public.

B.

welcome my friend Boreks !! glad to see you here

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    Great news! I can handle several of those items
    well, some news guys, not much, but some of you could find it interesting:
    latest days Ive worked on my small personal "virtual museum" project again, called Komet Fighter (FS/CFS nonrelated stuff).

you can check gallery project progress images here: http://stilz.euweb.cz/albums/3drad/komet/
    you can check latest video (lowres only, sorry) here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YrulhOV9Ws

with this work is related some skin stuff creation too - I did finally some paint template for the airplane. because the Komet Fighter project textures are identical with the old unfinished dated CFS3 airplane add-on, I did some gmax model source changes (adding specular maps). I could offer such stuff for public download, including the gmax source, if there will be interest.

you can check the latest CFS3 images here: http://stilz.mypage.cz/menu/letecka-...chmitt-me-163b

SOH-CM-2020

Hello BorekS,

that looks like a really good external model. If you lack the time to work on this I am sure there are people in CFS3 community who would like to help out. (sadly I do not have the skills)

Greetings

thanks well, it is a very dated model, but it could give some fun to CFS3 players yet, maybe.
    I could change some things with gmax, but this can do the other people too, I suppose

I will add the paint template into the public release package, which is related to one question: does ever support CFS3 selectable aircraft skins?
    Last edited by BorekS; October 29th, 2014 at 04:31.

ok guys, Ive got the airplane selectable skins working. I think I will do this: will release the beta stuff on my website first, everybody can check the actual stage and try to tweak the editable files (flight model, weapons etc.). gmax source will be not included - its not necessary.

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by BorekS View Post
    ok guys, Ive got the airplane selectable skins working. I think I will do this: will release the beta stuff on my website first, everybody can check the actual stage and try to tweak the editable files (flight model, weapons etc.). gmax source will be not included - its not necessary.
    Excellent, thanks very much!

Some cockpit mods can be made by swapping references to textures. I hope that will address the original topic of this thread?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	komet_cfs3_cpit_update.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	14420
    ok, I will try to add my first image here...
    you can notice most of the untextured cpit objects is removed for now and some new mesh is modelled instead, or is repainted at least. my goal is to give to you bit better stuff in some acceptable time frame. that means you cant await any super-duper warbird add-on, it should be just slightly modified 12 years old (or maybe bit more) ariplane add-on

@Boreks
    the old skin have the new radio texture but the new skin doesn't

Name:	enb2014_11_4_16_35_3.jpg 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	14459Click image for larger version. 

Name:	enb2014_11_4_16_35_54.jpg 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	14460Click image for larger version. 

Name:	enb2014_11_4_16_36_49.jpg 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	14461Click image for larger version. 

Name:	enb2014_11_4_16_37_20.jpg 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	14462Click image for larger version. 

Name:	enb2014_11_4_16_37_34.jpg 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	14463
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2014_11_4_16_38_2.jpg   enb2014_11_4_16_53_19.jpg  

looks brutal nice to me, the shadows!

well, Ive checked the v01d add-on pack ingame now again, twice, and I cant see any problem there with the missing box texture...

maybe you have some mixture of old and new version objects in your komet folder... needs to delete all the old stuff before new version test fly, but I am sure you are doing this...

check for texture "texture_main\vc_util.dds"
    also all the cpit m3d files should be same file size and date...they are just clones of the initial cpit mesh.

@Boreks
    my fault ...and it's working now mate, everything just in place and all have texture !!
    you're right ! seems i just overwrite the old one and didn't delete all file from previous version... !

Icon26

prima, I am glad you solved it

some news: the cpit mesh update continues, also some external model changes made, you can see retextured flap related areas and some kind of new skins in work
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails komet_cfs3_cpit_update1.jpg   komet_cfs3_retextured_flaps.jpg   komet_cfs3_quick_repaint.jpg   komet_cfs3_skin_update1.jpg  

Cool

something special now: for those who like the Me 163B Komet warbird and would like to "meet" my version, there is the minigame which I did with 3Drad game maker - from 12. november 2014 is a new version available here.

Name:	KF_loader.png.jpg 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	14972

well, needs to say this project, called Komet Fighter, is not any airplane simulator at all
    it is arcade flight game, but rather then any game is it something like a "meet the rocket airplane of World War II", simplified stuff relating to the slow game engine, its physical limits and performance.

however, it is the same 3d source which is now adapted to its original mission, to be a CFS3 airplane add-on... so maybe it could be interesting for someone here.

you can take it just like some kind of prequel or advert stuff

Komet Fighter v1.5 ingame video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YrulhOV9Ws

Interesting. Thanks!
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Will this modified aircraft be available in cfs3 ?

That's the plan! I've been working with BorekS on getting the details and effects and various CFS3 quirks set up. It's a great fun model and you'll enjoy flying her.

Members who have read this thread: 2